• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Team Astra: v2.0 (Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
i like that idea... but i think the team should remain unknown for atleast a good bit of the story... maybe the professor can be researching the legendaries? The team sends some guys out to steal the professor's research and you end up choosing a pokemon and fighting them off? and they run away b4 u can learn anything? Also i like the idea of having a recurring character(s) in the bad team... kinda like jesse and james... it'll make the player more dynamically involved cuz they can have a personal grudge against the character or something....

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
thats a good idea as well.
The grudge could be something to do with school for instence you as the player got to work for the professor because you passed your exams, but the person who steals the pokemon could have flunked his exams and ended up without a job so he puts together a team to try and get some money by stealing the most precious pokemon and selling them to an evil man?

Years
nah thats a little too much cuz he'd only be ur age... i was thinking like one of the grunts would have a grudge, not the leader of the team. :P

edit:
or maybe the leader has a grudge against your father or family or something?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
perhaps your father was the owner of a mining company and he sacked one of the grunts/leader. that could be a good enough reason.

or perhaps the leader of the group used to work for the professor but lost his job and wants to steal the profesors work out of hatred.

Cyru

-
Years
I don't think the leader should have a grudge against you. Maybe some grunts, but not the leader. To me that makes him seem less threatening... i think his plans should be a lot more collossal, like enslaving all pokemon or something. Or the generic taking over the world, lol

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=273890
For those of you who haven't, you should really check out this thread. I REALLY encourageit. However, in it, we determined that your dad was the champ who helps you beat the evil team at the end and your mom was the 8th gym leader. That is why the start town is so close to Pokemon league. So those ideas about him being sacked won't work or anything that contradicts that which was set in the old thread.

Just thought that should be stated.

Years
lol its no problem... we were just tossing out some ideas back and forth :P didnt know bout the old thread... we'll go catch up :P... are the order of the towns and stuff done?

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Yeah, I think so. Ill number it now on the map and re-post it. Until then, keep spitting ideas! XD
EDIT: Here it is.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
ok how about this one of the grunts was the champ but your dad beat him and he lost his way he went into denial until a man tells him there is a way he can get back at your dad. the grunt decides to go along with the plan and ends up part of the evil team who are goint to steal the two legendary pokemon.

@cosmotone8
have we got the name for the first town yet?

Last edited:
Years
cool... now i have a better understanding of the story :) also i dunno how the fakemon spriters are doing... but i dont see much progress in that department :P so if the current spriters need my help or input, i'd be glad to do something, otherwise i'll sit tight till cosmotone, sends some work my way....

So i'm gonna be working on the fakemon/tiles in my game till some1 comes up with an idea for a fakemon that needs spriting or the mappers tell me what tiles they need. (I'll be the tile artist till a proper tile artist comes along :D )

Oh and if u want some examples of my work, the picture in my sig links back to my sprite thread... its almost completely pokemon front sprites :P, but i can try doing whatever you guys need me to do....

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
ok ill be practising my scripting magic whilt doing some funky graphics

just had an idea how about the leader of the evil team own a bionetics factory where he is splicing two or more pokemon together when he finds out about the moon and sun pokemon he has an evil plan to splice them both together to make the master of all pokemon.

Last edited:

Cyru

-
Years
well i have some scripting magic right here! freshly baked! ^_^ (this is the kind of thing i'd be putting into the game, open to change and opinions!)
Spoiler:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
@cyru
Still using POKESCRIPT huh?

I think you should change to XSE well your already advanced with the scripts so it will only take a day or two for you to learn XSE like I did a week ago...

But still pretty nice scripts i like the Idea...

Here's a script I made my own tested and works....

Spoiler:

A multichoice will appear I didn't have the chance to edit it in my multichoice editor so as usual I improvised...

HALL OF FAME - CHARMANDER
EGGS - SQUIRTLE
VICTORIES - BULBASAUR
QUIT - QUIT

Hope you guys appreciate it...
Feel free to try it and see if it works :)

Last edited:

Cyru

-
Years
@tajaros I dunno, i tried to get into XSE but i couldn't get used to all the @ #'s and #raw's. I guess i've just got too attatched to pokescript ;)

@mineox100 Yep! i'm coming up with some default scripts so i know round-a-bouts what to put into the game.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
@cyru
Well if your not gonna switch to XSE it's okay but you can't do the trainer scripts and level scripts with it...

It also takes utterly long time for things to compile in POKESCRIPT and you can't use it as a script editor in A-MAP....

@Imrathon
what script editor are you using?

it would really help if we scripters get to know each other :)

Years
aight... so i've been making some tiles for my own hack...this is so u guys can see what i can do:

Spoiler:

could use some work, but i'm improving, i think :) haven't really started with any actual "natural" tiling, but i'm gonna try my hand at that. so yeah, thats the extent of my tiling capabilites so far :D.. i'll start with the team's tiles as soon as some1 tells me what sort of tiles they need :)

also, since i didn't see much progress in the fakemon part of this hack, this is a link to a spritesheet with my sprites (its a bit small :P) i dont mind them being used in this hack (except maybe the starters) but i have certain conditions:

Spoiler:

if these conditions aren't favorable, no biggie. I'll sprite any of the team's concepts as need be :).

btw, is it ok to use different script editors? do u guys know if there are any problems when converting the scripts are ported from one editor to another?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
@Ark_Silvanos

Nice tiles man they're pretty awesome!

Hm.. about those fakemons no one's posting about them anymore I can see that pokemew and NINO are both inactive so it would really be hard finishing them....

I don't know about that having a problem with editors..
But if were gonna insert scripts it will be hard if we had different commands so I'd prefer to use one script editor... :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
@tajaros

well lets see... I learened in ESM (easyscriptmaker) then learnt Pokescript now I use XSE

@ark_silvanos
there can be small problems if you try to open someones script in pokescript that has been made in XSE.

If have noticed over time whilst i was scripting in pokescript when you use the players name you use \v\h01. but in XSE You Use [player]. (examples below)

PokeScript
Spoiler:

The same code but in XSE
Spoiler:

This problem is easy fixed though if you just have someone who can use both and get them to change the tags over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back