• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tattoos!

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I used to dislike tattoos, but now I like them on people. I just dont like the tacky chinese characters or words on your knuckles or arms or something.

Dunno what kind of tattoo I'd get myself, though.

Sirfetch’d

Some tattoos look bad but for the most part, I love them. I am almost definitely going to be getting one myself in the near future. It will most likely be on my shoulder. I might get one on my back as well. I've thought a lot about what I'd get though and I just honestly do not know.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
If all goes according to plan, I may have my first one around my birthday :o Just some small text from one of my favorite series that means a lot to me. I've had the idea for years.

I'd like to have a couple of tattoos eventually, but I mostly just love admiring them *___*

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I'll probably end up getting one but it'd be something small, like a quote, on somewhere relatively inconspicuous, like my wrist. I do not want anything I might regret later in life, such as this.

Melody

Banned
Years
I unfortunately don't have any tattoos

Why not?
Too many conservative people around who dislike tattoos, not enough resources to get them despite that.
Do you plan on getting any?
Definitely. As soon as I possibly can gain access to a reputable tattoo artist and a good source of income so I can pay said artist to tattoo me with all sorts of cute and girly things, I will. But unfortunately the only other thing that plagues me is that I am strict on myself about designs. I don't want designs that are just common out of a book of designs that every two-bit artist can ink onto anyone. I want something very unique.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
Years
I used to dislike tattoos, but now I like them on people. I just dont like the tacky chinese characters or words on your knuckles or arms or something.

Dunno what kind of tattoo I'd get myself, though.

Remember that time Brendan and I got matching tattoos in Canada and you made out with Jess?

I do have one on my back, and I've been considering getting another as of recently. My next tattoo will more than likely be my family's coat of arms.

Years
I don't mind tattoos but I'm not one of those weird people who finds an otherwise unattractive person immediately sexy if they have one either.

As for myself (as I say every time this thread appears lol), I don't currently have any but I sometimes think about getting Cyanide and Happiness characters on my left forearm.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
i don't currently have any tattoos bc i'm too young, but when i'm able to i'd like to get one or two small ones - nothing too flashy!
i think i'd liked a small whale on my shoulder/back somewhere and perhaps also the skyrim logo somewhere ( + which i could end up regretting )

i think tattoos are rly unique! they're an nice way of reflecting your own individuality and personality and i also think decorating your body with art is a beautiful form of self-expression

smocks

fiat lux
Years
Do you have any?
I don't have any tattoos. :x
Noppeeee :3
Is there a reason you're opposed to them (if you are)?
I'm not really against tattoos, you can do whatever you want it your own body, but the thing it is permanent and knowing me I would eventually change my mind on it. I like admiring tattoos, they're all works of art and I like knowing meanings to each tattoo. I'm just not that fond of just getting a tattoo, not because of the needle, because in my books its not "natural" (kinda like why I don't get piercings, because it's just weird/not natural to have a hole in your body :P). Also tattoos do come with risks of getting infections and clottings I rather avoid :3

Gabri

m8
Years
To quote the legendary Dave Mustaine, "I would never put a bumper sticker on a Mercedes-Benz."

So no, I have no tattoos and don't plan on getting any. There's really nothing that would make me want to inject ink under my skin and have it there permanently. I'm not exactly opposed to them, there are beautiful tattoos, but honestly, when overdone they're quite a turn-off for me.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
Years
Do you have any?
Not at this time, no. o:!

Maaaybe, I've considered getting some flowers. Might just do that around my birthday this year, from like my step-dad or something (he's a tattoo artist). Just a flower behind my ear or on the back of my neck, either or. Roses have special meaning to me in particular so I might just get that, we'll see ♥

Karous

Captain Obvious
Years
I want two tattoos. Both are subtle cool designs that can easily be covered that I probably will not regret in 30 years.

The first is Chrom's Mark of the Exalt from FE:A on my shoulder, I'm also told there's glow in the dark versions? The second is the Dragon's Wrath Scale from an obscure manga called Shounen Princess - Putri Harimau Nao, which is quite special to me for personal reasons. I want it just like this on my chest. It's a bit funny because the character I identify with has it on her forehead but I obviously can't do that, the dude that I linked that has it on his chest is the obnoxious bad guy. For practical purposes, I'm glad there's a reference for the tattoo artist!

The sole reason I haven't gotten them is because I have a very low pain tolerance and an extreme fear of needles.

Last edited:

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
Years
Do you have any?
No I don't, sadly.

Yes I do! I know of two places I want tattoos but I haven't decided what to get as of yet. My first one will be across my shoulder and my second one will be on my forearm! Then who knows, I've had thoughts about ones on my chest and my back as well! :P

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
Years
I do not have any tattoos. I am not really interested in getting any either. I am way too scared of needles to deal with that. :I

I do love tattoos on other people though. Some people are just so creative when designing their ideal tattoo. :o

pkmin3033

Repeated blood tests have more or less cured me of my phobia of needles, but I still wouldn't bother with a tattoo. They cost an absolute fortune, they don't age well, and I don't much fancy having a sore spot where it was done for a while afterwards. All sorts of nasty things can go wrong in the aftermath and I'm in no hurry to experience any of them.

...but I've thought about it from time to time. A triforce on the back of my hand, the classic Sailor Moon silhouette across my back, some sort of artwork across my abdomen to hide my appendix scar, etc.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm really fond of tattoos and I think they're such a great way for people to express themselves - I don't get why other people are so negative towards them because it's not their body? Why are you bothered?

I mean if you have your own genuine reasons such as a phobia of needles, not wanting them because of how they'll look when you're older etc - then fine, but don't cast your judgement onto others for it.

ANYWAY.

Do I have any? Nope. I want tattoos, badly, and I have ideas of what I want - I know I want my first one on my back and for it to be the pride flag with the words of what the colours stand for surrounding it but I'm not 100% on a design idea yet. I also want the typical quotes/song lyrics and junk, but I'm scared lol. I don't have a phobia of needles but they freak me out still. I guess it's just plucking up the courage to get them.

But I guess placement for me is a thing because being a teacher is something that I may want to do in the future and like, being covered in clearly visible tattoos won't go down well, lmao.

Years
I have a fear of needles and am too cheap to get one. Plus, I'm way too fickle to decide on something permanent like that. I think some people pull off tattoos really well. I like the minimalistic ones. I'm just not fond of the ones that take up a lot of space. But it's not my body, so I try not to judge, even if I do a bit.

Back