• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Nice! Update is cool, this progressing fast. Only a few days ago you had another update. But I think I'll wait till you got v0.6, or something before I start playing. Stopping mid way is not cool.
Also that corrupted Gengar, why does it says after the battle "Obtained Gastly"?
That's how you obtain pokemon in this game. There are no pokeballs, so you fight corupted pokemon and when you defeat them they join your party and revert back to their base form.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Yea, bu I might you fought a Gengar, why do it say Gastly after the battle?

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Well, I just kicked Necros butt, and will be tackling the rest of the beta tomorrow, this game is so awesome, keep it up!!!!!
Thanks, nice to see you like it :)

Nice! Update is cool, this progressing fast. Only a few days ago you had another update. But I think I'll wait till you got v0.6, or something before I start playing. Stopping mid way is not cool.
Also that corrupted Gengar, why does it says after the battle "Obtained Gastly"?
Thanks, yeah, i know what you mean, thats I shortened the stortyline so I can get to the full release (1.0) ASAP. Nothing more innoying than getting a "To be continued"

If it helps, Save games are forward compatible, so they *should* work of future versions, and 0.4 will include a New Game+ (which seems rare in pokemon games) Where all your pokemon will reset to level 1 (but will keep moves) so if you wanted to play more, you technically can. I've enabled it so that you can activated this at any time. So if you stop playing the game, then come back to it, and forget the storyline, you can use newgame+ to re-experience everything.

Yea, bu I might you fought a Gengar, why do it say Gastly after the battle?

As otheralias said, after you fight a corrupted pokemon they revert to their base form, It says "Gengar devolved into Gastly" and then "Obtained Gastly" I just didn't bother screencapping it.Ya know. some people might like the base forms of their pokemon more.

And if you're wondering, no you don't need to trade to evolve.
Gastly -Lv25-> Haunter -Lv42-> Gengar

-----
EDIT

UPDATE [15/11/10]
Just a minor-ish update today.

Pokemon Update
Added in a few more pokemon that you'll be able to catch in 0.4
I've already shown the bone grave sidequest and Gengar, there will also be...

Oinx: which will be a forced boss battle in the ferreus mines,
Aron: (GASP! gen3) Optional boss in the mines.
Snubull: A kid on route 9 will sell it if you have 5 badges.
Phanpy: Route 10. optional boss.
Poliwag: Must fish in the spot in Route 4 (i've also changed so that totodiles must be fished for too, at imbibo lake though.)
also im currently adding
Pineco: Found at night, at a location im still currently deciding.
Diglett: In the connecting caves.

addedpokemon04.png

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Years
I have a question, will all the Pokemon from the first two generations be available in the final versions?

No, majority of them will be though. I'm a 1 man team, and I want to finish the game first. There will be around 158 pokemon(63 families) as of release, then I'll be adding more, post-1.0
Heres the first version of the list of catchable pokemon in the game.
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1592/speepokemon.png

You can request pokemon if you want, and I'll see what I can do.

YAAAAAAAY~ Update!! I'm happy about this! ^.^

Keep up the good work; I was afraid this project had died...
Thanks, I was buzy with uni work so didn't get much time to do stuff.
But now my summer break has started. so hopefully I'll get a lot done.

Perfect example of an under-estimated game. Love it.

Thanks ;), view-to-reply ratio isnt too bad.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2011
This is awesome. Really trying not to play the game until full version 1 is out and then I'm defiantly doing a playthrough on youtube for it.
For the pokemon shown on the image that you posted, is that "catchable" pokemon or all the pokemon that will be in the game?

DarkDoom3000

Years
Yeah, that the planned catchable pokemon. over 1/2 of them are catchable by 0.4
Its pretty balanced, contains different pokemon of different types. sneaking in some 3rd gen ones too.

The Angry Bean :]

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Hey.. just played demo for a bit..

And I must say, I am really enjoying it. I absolutely adore the story line, and the achievement feature is too cool. The only two things I have problems with (and it's all personal preference..) is the music (It doesn't give me that Pokemon feel... But Iunno if that's what your going for?), and I can't really tell what level my opponent is and how much Hp they have left... It's more click and guess work for me, then actually knowing what's going on. lol. If you could explain how to tell what level they are and such, that'd be great. :]

Even so, I am enjoying this game very much. I have not finished the demo yet, but I plan to very soon.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
"There will be around 158 pokemon(63 families) as of release"

I think even that's a LOT :D
Anyway, just saw this project a week ago or so and haven't played it yet but I probably will when you have the 0.40 release up ;)

So, keep going !

Edit:
Can the pokemon actually evolve in the game ?

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024

Anyway, just saw this project a week ago or so and haven't played it yet but I probably will when you have the 0.40 release up ;)

So, keep going !

Edit:
The pokemon do evolve but not by the traditional way seen in the main games, the evolve by an item; levla stone(and possibly others that I haven't encountered yet). It's similar to an evolution rock, such as fire stone, but the pokemon would need to be the level they'd be to evolve traditionally, i.e a Gastly level 25 would need to use levla stone to evolve into Haunter. So in a sense, evolution in SPEE requires two components; level and item.

DarkDoom3000

Years
*looks at list of catchable pokémon* *gasp* OMG it's mew so thankfull you added it :D

Mew can learn all TMs, and you have an infinte movelist, so not including mew would be a real missed oppotinuity.

And I must say, I am really enjoying it. I absolutely adore the story line, and the achievement feature is too cool. The only two things I have problems with (and it's all personal preference..) is the music (It doesn't give me that Pokemon feel... But Iunno if that's what your going for?), and I can't really tell what level my opponent is and how much Hp they have left... It's more click and guess work for me, then actually knowing what's going on. lol. If you could explain how to tell what level they are and such, that'd be great. :]

Even so, I am enjoying this game very much. I have not finished the demo yet, but I plan to very soon.

Thanks, the soundtrack is from FF8; the best RPG evr. I've never been fond of pokemon music. FF music is more dramatic. But it's not everyones cup of tea. I'll give instructions how to change it.

I cant display enemy HP, but I can display enemy names, which include the enemy level. Downside is it will disable the autobattle.

So, keep going !

Edit:

Thanks, to add to otheralias' response, Evolutionary stones do exist in the game, Pikachu needs thunderstone, nidorino needs moonstone, etc. They just need to be equiped on the pokemon and they'll start the evolution process. Unlike the Levla Stone, these are one time use only.

Tyrouge will evolve into a random evolution when given the levla stone @ Lv20. But you can get the evolution you want by equiping with another item.
Boxing Gloves -> hitmonchan
Spring -> hitmonlee
Spinning Top -> hitmontop
The items can be obtained by defeating the enemy versions of the evolutions (which you do at the Iron Fist dojo, where you obtain tyrouge)

--------

Update [24/11/10]

Progress Update
I've just finished the Jasmine event and Gym Battle. Im basically finished the core update. Now I just need to do some small tweaks and testing for gamebreaking events. v0.4 would be finished this weekend, but I'm picking up Gran Turismo 5 tommorow. So that target is unlikely. Probably mid/late next week.

Screens
jasmineu.png

Last edited:

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Nice, a new update, I'll be waiting for the new release. =]

Years
I think I finished the demo, which is kind of disappointing lol. It is amazing. I did notice 2 glitches: The first is around the corrupted Mareep I believe. When you put a bitter bait in the required location, a Bellsprout comes, but even after defeating it, it doesn't go away. I battled it a few times just to get my levels up. The other glitch had to do with the Corrupted Ursaring. After you battle it and it sends to your pc, its not a Teddiursa, its a different pokemon, cannot remember which one exactly. Just thought I would be bring these to your attention. Amazing game thus far. Cannot wait for you to come out with the update.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2010
help me got this problem
not <avible> check website to get latest update on mors village gym
i got v0.25

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Yay more updates! I wonder are you still going to make the HP change of the eevee switch a percentage change?

Back