• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

...Just another OU team...

YanmegaLv55

Raising the dead, one by one.
Years
I know Im not that great at making teams, but oh well.

242.png
Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold/ Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe
Softboiled/Seisemic Toss/ThunderWave/Stealth Rock
212.png
Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant/Technician
248 Def / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Pursuit/Bullet Punch/U-Turn/Brick Break
330.png
Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly/Levitate
6 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Outrage/ThunderPunch/U-Turn/Earthquake
130.png
Gyarados @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature/Intimidate
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Dragon Dance/Waterfall/Stone Edge/Bounce

490.png
Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature/Flash Fire
252 Sp.A / 252 Sp.D /4 Spe
Fire Blast/Explosion/Hidden Power(Ice)/Earth Power
286.png
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature/Poison Heal
12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Close Combat/Grass Knot/Superpower/Toxic
Just rate it - PLEASE!

Last edited:

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
Years
lets start with blissey

put stealth rock on blissey and lose either ice beam or flamethrower remove it as a lead as it is quite slow and can be decimated by explosion or taunt leads

choice scarf scizor kinda blows unfortunately
banded, or life orb is kinda the only thing viable, (while it is quite ballsy that it has a scarf)

you have quick attack on it almost never have a priority move on a scarfer

switch scizors and flygons item and lose the special attack evs and max out the attack and speed as your going with a physical flygon

give your heatran a choice scarf

switch your brelloom's set with something more useful (like sporepunching or Swords dance variant) oh yeah and its hacked CC on a breloom does not exist

dragon dance does not increase special attacks so run waterfall on it i guess
gyra does not get stab from dragon pulse (remove dragon pulse from it altogether)

but as weakness coverage goes its very good.

Last edited:

YanmegaLv55

Years
lets start with blissey

put stealth rock on blissey and lose either ice beam or flamethrower remove it as a lead as it is quite slow and can be decimated by explosion or taunt leads

choice scarf scizor kinda blows unfortunately
banded, or life orb is kinda the only thing viable, (while it is quite ballsy that it has a scarf)

you have quick attack on it almost never have a priority move on a scarfer

switch scizors and flygons item and lose the special attack evs and max out the attack and speed as your going with a physical flygon

give your heatran a choice scarf

switch your brelloom's set with something more useful (like sporepunching or Swords dance variant) oh yeah and its hacked CC on a breloom does not exist

dragon dance does not increase special attacks so run waterfall on it i guess
gyra does not get stab from dragon pulse (remove dragon pulse from it altogether)

but as weakness coverage goes its very good.

As long as I get better EV's, Items and movestes, ill have a good team?!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but NickofTime, you truly do need to learn how to rate teams better. It can be a little difficult to understand what you have typed, and it really isn't always the best advice. I'm being sincere here, I'd seriously suggest lurking some more "established members" such as Dark Azelf, Aurafire, and Gamer's rates, as they truly provide insight on weaknesses. And if you want to respond to this, do it via VM, instead of spamming this RMT.

----------------------------------------------

Gyarados isn't a Dragon type, and therefore doesn't get STAB from Dragon Pulse. Breloom doesn't learn Close Combat.

As it appears that you a new to the competitive battling scene, welcome! First off, click here as it will link you to a guide that acts as an introduction to competitive Pokemon, which will help you with EVs (Some are okay, others...not so much) and movesets (The majority are iffy). Secondly, click here for a list of all Pokemon with movesets that are proven to work in the competitive metagame.

Just to point some things out for you (As I'm not going to go through a full-out rate), Dragon Dance on Gyarados works, but not with Dragon Pulse. That is a special-based move, where Dragon Dance increases attack. A normal Gyarados set would generally look like this:

Gyarados@Life Orb
Intimidate
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP

• Dragon Dance
  • Waterfall
  • Stone Edge
  • Earthquake/Bounce
Dragon Dance will help each attack do more damage. Waterfall provides a solid water-type STAB, where Stone Edge and Earthquake help provide more type coverage. You can also use Bounce as a secondary STAB move, which together with Water, have near-perfect neutral type coverage by themselves.

For Breloom, the item of choice is usually a Toxic Orb, which will provide Poison to heal with its ability Poison Heal. The standard Breloom is generally a set with Substitute and Spore, looking something like this:

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/244 Spe/12 HP

• Spore
  • Substitute
  • Focus Punch
  • Seed Bomb
Spore the first turn to put something to sleep, then Substitute the next. Behind the Substitute, Breloom can fire off either STAB move of choice safely, and won't have to worry about Focus Punch failing as it won't be interrupted.

As for Scizor, it WANTS a Choice Band, so you'll probably just going to have to dig one up from either or WiFi section or using the Battle Tower/Frontier to get some BP. It is actually fine, but Pursuit over Quick Attack is preferable as you can essentially trap Ghost types as the switch out for super effective damage.

Flygon is...not doing so well. Your team truly lacks speed in general, so a Choice Scarf set to help scout the opponents team early in the game would work nicely. We just need to change the EV Spread and moveset a little.

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Levitate
Jolly Nature
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP

• Outrage
  • Earthquake
  • U-Turn
  • Stone Edge/Fire Blast
Outrage is more of a late-game move, as you don't want to get locked into it early on. Earthquake is always a reliable STAB move. The use of U-Turn early game will allow you to scout your opponents team and see their counter or check for Flygon. For this team, I would use Stone Edge in the last slot over Fire Blast, as revenge killing Gyarados after a Dragon Dance is much more important to this team than Flygon beating Skarmory, especially since you have Heatran anyways.

Even with all these changes, this team still isn't all that good. I guess the main issue here is that this team is truly just 6 Pokemon thrown together with no common objective in mind. For a team, you want to have a goal when building it, whether it be to sweep with an individual Pokemon, stall the other team, or use one sweeper to weaken another's counters in a more offensive style. You also don't truly have a lead Pokemon, which can generally set up Stealth Rock for you. You could technically switch around Heatran's moveset to function as a proper lead.

Heatran@Shuca Berry
Flash Fire
Naive/Timid Nature (Whichever you can get, as you haven't specified if you have one nature or the other)
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP

• Stealth Rock
  • Fire Blast
  • Earth Power
  • Explosion
That functions much more as an effective lead, setting up Stealth Rock, and using the Shuca Berry to reduce Ground type moves damage (As Earthquake is one of the most common moves in the game). You can then use Fire Blast and Earth Power to attack (And if you can bring Heatran into the game later, all the better). Explosion is always a great way to go out with a bang as well.

But still, it's hard to revise a team completely when there isn't any true strategy in mind. I would seriously recommend reading the guide I provided to you at the very beginning of this wall of text, and the use of the list of Pokemon move sets should help you significantly.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
Years
242.png
Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold/ Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Softboiled/Ice Beam/Stealth Rock/Toxic or Thunder Wave

Intentionally my healer, this can pretty much never die.

As a lead, Blissey needs Stealth Rock. Thunder Wave is over Toxic so it can cripple Heatran and Scizor. It would rarely need Flamethrower, so Ice Beam would be better, getting neutral damage on Skarmory and destroying Salamence and other dragons. SpDef EVs are over Speed EVs because Blissey does not need to be fast with Thunder Wave.
If your opponent leads off with Scizor, Thunder Wave it while it sets up Swords Dance, then set up Stealth Rock and stall the Scizor out with Softboiled.

212.png
Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant/Technician
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Pursuit/Bullet Punch/U-Turn/Superpower

I ran out of Choice Bands :( Ask for one. That's what the Trade Corner's for.

330.png
Flygon @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf
Jolly/Levitate
80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Outrage/Fire Punch or if Choice Scarf, U-Turn/Stone Edge(change to Stealth Rock? No.)/Earthquake

I dont know about this.STAB for Outrage and E-Q, plus Health restoration from Roost equals happiness, but I dont know about Stone Edge. Happiness? The only time you need happiness is for Return. Life Orb set: Dragon Claw or Outrage/Fire Punch/Earthquake/Stone Edge. Choice Scarf set:
Outrage/U-Turn/Stone Edge/Earthquake

130.png
Gyarados @ Leftovers
??? Nature/Intimidate
252Atk/252Speed/4HP
Dragon Dance/Waterfall/Earthquake/Ice Fang

STAB fr0m Dragon Pulse, plus Rest plus Sleep Talk is good when you use it, so you might use it for Dragon Dance, the Dragon Pulse which means better defense and more powerful attacks.(I made this moveset up) I hate to say it, but you don't seem to be great at novelty sets. Dragon Dance raises physical attack and speed, so its combination with Dragon Pulse is worthless, Dragon Pulse being a special attack.

490.png
Heatran @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Modest, Naive or Timid Nature/Flash Fire
252 SpA / 4 HP/ 252 Spe
Fire Blast/Explosion/Hidden Power(Electric)/Earth Power

STAB from Fire Blast, while HP takes care of Water types.Explosion = Last Resort. And Earth Power is a little filler :) Not too much to say apart from Swampert kinda walls it. Hidden Power Grass would be better, but it's too late now. And ??? nature? Wha...?

286.png
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature/Poison Heal
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Spore/Swords Dance/Seed Bomb/Mach Punch
Spore/Substitute/Focus Punch/Seed Bomb

I made this up :/
STAB from Grass Knot and Close Combat, while Toxic poisons the opponent, then I use Superpower(to hopefully Knockout)
Many flaws with this. First - it cannot learn Close Combat. Grass Knot is a special attack, not physical, which is Breloom's strong point, and Toxic is for walls, not sweepers. What I added are standard Breloom movesets.

Just rate it - PLEASE!

7/10 Sorry if I was being a picky jerk. I just enjoy poking holes into people's movesets. XD Hope I helped!

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
Years
  • Age 32
  • MTU
  • Seen Feb 13, 2012
have you perchance heard of smogon?

Directed to the OP, there still appears some things he could learn there.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Just posting to say that Gyarados doesn't get STAB from Dragon Pulse and Flygon cannot learn Stealth Rock.

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
Years
  • Age 32
  • MTU
  • Seen Feb 13, 2012
If you wanna keep Restalk gyara
Gyarados @ leftovers
Impish 248 hp / 248 def / 12 spe
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Waterfall
~ Roar
HP so he can switch on 5 SR's, 12 spe so can beat 80 base speed pokes (most). Roar for sudo-hazing. A fun set, if you run EQ over Roar he can do some work. I wouldn't call it a novelty set as much as a specialty set, certain teams can use him others can't. It used to be more common or am I starting to feel old.

Last edited:

YanmegaLv55

Years
Thankyou all for help, Particularlly Jake and zommy08

My Team is now this,

Gyarados, Adamant/Life Orb
252 ATK & SPD, 4 HP
Dragon Dance, Waterfall(STAB), Stone Edge, Bounce(STAB)

Flygon, Jolly, Choice Scarf
252 ATK & SPD, 6 DEF
Outrage(STAB),Earthquake(STAB),U-turn, Stone Edge

Heatran, Rash. Choice Scarf
252 SP.A & SP.D,4 SPD
Fire Blast(STAB),Earth Power, Explosion, HP(Grass, or Electric)

Breloom, Adamant, Toxic Orb
252 ATK, 244 SPD, 12 HP
Spore,Substitute,Focus Punch(STAB), Seed Bomb(STAB)

Scizor, Adamant, Choice Band
252 ATK,248 DEF, 8 SPD
Pursuit(Technician boost),Bullet Punch(STAB, Technician boost),U-Turn(STAB), Metal Claw(STAB, Technician Boost)(I cant move tutor it :()

Blissey, Calm, Leftovers
252 HP & DEF/ 4 SPD
Softboiled,Ice Beam, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave

Rate this too :)

But, then again, according to Jake, it's not that great overall.
In that case, I will be joining Smogon to boost my battling skills

ACE9

is looking for a shiny miltank
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2013

My Team is now this,

252 ATK & SPD, 4 HP

252 ATK & SPD, 6 DEF

252 SP.A & SP.D,4 SPD

252 ATK, 244 SPD, 12 HP

252 ATK,248 DEF, 8 SPD
Pursuit(Technician boost),Bullet Punch(STAB, Technician boost),U-Turn(STAB), Metal Claw(STAB, Technician Boost)(I cant move tutor it :()

Blissey, Calm, Leftovers
252 HP & DEF/ 4 SPD

you already have STAB from bullet punch, if you want another move put iron head or swords dance

and put seismic toss on blissey

YanmegaLv55

Years
Use Superpower > Metal Claw on Scizor to hit steels. Metal Claw is "lol".

But as I said, I cant tutor it.
Plus it has STAB, aswell as the Technician boost, making it 110 base power :)
But, I can also use a Water or Ground move to hit Steels effectively

Like Rock Smash, with Technician is 80 base power, or Brick Break, with 75 base power

Its possible :)

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
You already have a 90 powered priority STAB in Bullet Punch.

Rock Smash is a paltry 60 base power with Technician, Technician multiplies your attacks by 1.5x not 2x.

Use Brick Break then, Scizor doesnt get any good Ground moves and iirc Water is neutral on Steels.

YanmegaLv55

Years
You already have a 90 powered priority STAB in Bullet Punch.

Rock Smash is a paltry 60 base power with Technician, Technician multiplies your attacks by 1.5x not 2x.

Use Brick Break then, Scizor doesnt get any good Ground moves and iirc Water is neutral on Steels.

:)
I now have a full team

Anti

return of the king
Years

My Team is now this,

252 ATK & SPD, 4 HP

252 ATK & SPD, 6 DEF

252 SP.A & SP.D,4 SPD

252 ATK, 244 SPD, 12 HP

252 ATK,248 DEF, 8 SPD

Blissey, Calm, Leftovers
252 HP & DEF/ 4 SPD

You need to edit this into the first post since that's the team that people are going to rate--they won't look through the thread for updates. It's much easier to just edit it into the OP.

Anyway, the defensive core is actually pretty solid. One of your biggest problems right now is definitely Gyarados, so I recommend using ThunderPunch over Stone Edge on Flygon. Stone Edge is underpowered and loves to miss anyway. I would also run an Adamant nature for a little extra power, as it helps Outrage sweep weakened teams at the end of matches. You'll still outspeed Jolly Gyarados. DD Salamence is already covered pretty well by Scizor, so running Jolly just to Speed tie is kind of silly.

The biggest threat to your team is Gengar though. With Toxic Spikes support, Substitute variants of any kind will have no problems whatsoever stalling your Blissey out. Sub/Pain Split Gengar will beat Blissey anyway. Scizor can at least hold that off temporarily and then Flygon and Heatran can keep it at bay, but it will do huge damage to your team in the process. Choice Band Scizor can wear you down if Heatran goes down (normally the "if this dies, this Pokemon sweeps you" isn't a valid argument, but Heatran is definitely not a safe switch into Scizor at the best of times as it is, so Scizor itself can take out your best switch-in). Gyarados works to take its attacks, but with Life Orb and Stealth Rock damage, Scizor will have no problem wearing down Gyarados before it can even set up to sweep. Infernape is also a problem, as Gyarados is only a temporary buffer. Luckily, you have two Pokemon that can revenge kill it, so you shouldn't have any real problems...you'll just have to play around it. Naturally, with two Scarfers and a CB Scizor, no offensive threat really does too much to you. I just figured I should bring up some of your problems in case you want to do something about them, though all of them are relatively minor.

Also, Blissey wants a Bold nature and Seismic Toss over Ice Beam. Calm doesn't help with anything whereas Bold will help you survive weaker physical attacks and even strong ones (for example, CBMence Outrage will never OHKO it). Seismic Toss is just more reliable than Ice Beam since it has more PP and covers way more Pokemon.

YanmegaLv55

Years
I now have my OFFICIAL team!
Edited onto the first post, I just want last minute suggestions and something /10 rates.

Thankyou for help :)

Back