• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer 64x64 resource and collection

Which roxie idea you like the best

• Older version of original

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Older version with no gutiar leather jacket and make up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Young version with no gutiar leather jacket and make up

• Dyed hair rocker style (older)

• Dyed hair rocker style (Young)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kid1513

~ Pixel Artist
Years
you make it sound like all of them were bad <insert bad joke here>
on a unfunny note sorry to hear bout your dog

He is giving a constructive advice so that you can improve on your sprite in the future. Sorry, but you simply ignore his advice and that's that.

To be fair, some of your sprites aren't good, thus he wants to advise you not to do it so fast but put some effort to make it appealing.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
i found out that resizing can mess up little details hair eyes and a pain in the *** to clean up so i like doing it my way
You just admitted that you're too lazy to do it the "real" way. I mean, if you're aware that the "real" way looks better, then why don't you do it that way? If you want hackers to use your sprites, hackers are going to want good sprites, not sprites that didn't have much effort into them. That's why in my Pokemon sprite project (which you said yourself inspired you to make your trainer project), I actually resize the sprite and clean up the details despite the fact that it's a "pain in the ***", it's the only way to get quality resized sprites.

Just a word of advice...

Last edited by a moderator:

Rayshin

Lurking to the max.
Years
I agree with Chaos Rush. In many ways, Trainer spriting is just like spriting. They're both a pain in the arse. But even so, I try to do my best to please my customers. If I just stick a head into a body, it'll look like crap. The same with your Trainer sprites. If I just cut off a head and shrink a foot, it'll look like manure. The only way to get ROM Hackers to use your sprites is to not be lazy and work hard. A piece of advice from a fellow spriter.

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
He is giving a constructive advice so that you can improve on your sprite in the future. Sorry, but you simply ignore his advice and that's that.

To be fair, some of your sprites aren't good, thus he wants to advise you not to do it so fast but put some effort to make it appealing.
you not see the bad joke a clearly stated <insert bad joke here>
i dont mind at all

You just admitted that you're too lazy to do it the "real" way. I mean, if you're aware that the "real" way looks better, then why don't you do it that way? If you want hackers to use your sprites, hackers are going to want good sprites, not sprites that didn't have much effort into them. That's why in my Pokemon sprite project (which you said yourself inspired you to make your trainer project), I actually resize the sprite and clean up the details despite the fact that it's a "pain in the ***", it's the only way to get quality resized sprites.

Just a word of advice...

Doing it properly my not easy either (you get half *** ones if you rush or make an error at the start (Colress is a pain for that reason)) doing it my way little detail remain

Wanna explain some things
Spr_B2W2_Chuck.png

Made his hair like his Gbc version
Spr_BW_Pokmon_Ranger_M.png

keep in mind chuck Norris doesn't battle he allows you to lose
and the background not red that's the blood of a Arceus

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
you not see the bad joke a clearly stated <insert bad joke here>
i dont mind at all

Doing it properly my not easy either (you get half *** ones if you rush or make an error at the start (Colress is a pain for that reason)) doing it my way little detail remain

Wanna explain some things
Spr_B2W2_Chuck.png

Made his hair like his Gbc version
Spr_BW_Pokmon_Ranger_M.png

keep in mind chuck Norris doesn't battle he allows you to lose
and the background not red that's the blood of a Arceus

That still doesn't excuse laziness...

I do not agree with others... RodriguezJames55 do a great work... I used him sprites in my pokemon hack <POKEMON UNOVA RUBY> And it works perfectly... He do it great.
I have things to say to you.
1. He did not "do a great work"
2. Just because they can be inserted in the game doesn't make them good.
3. We are talking about QUALITY work. If you can't admit something so obvious, you clearly have no right to talk.
Also, good luck getting people to play your hack. Which I can't seem to find anywhere...

Years
@psychotoxin: kid... you've made your point... all i've seen in the thread is you saying the same things over and over again. You say what you wanna say once, if the person doesn't listen, you leave it. It seems like you got this chronic compulsion to tell him his sprites dont look good like a dozen times. You got nothing better to do or what?

@rodriguezjames55: Your way makes them look disproportional, and truthfully, just cutting down a couple of lines of pixels to make it fit into the 64x64 canvas doesn't really work. A couple of your sprites are passable, but a lot of them look weird.
You really need to try resizing instead. It's a lot easier than you think, even though it might get a bit frustrating at times. And if you need help at any point, you could always put your wip up, i mean that's what the pixel art forum is for, getting help and improving your art... its not always about showing off.
But, if you dont wanna listen, theres nothing anyone can do about it. Honestly tho, if you wanna be a real spriter, you gotta be able to expand your capabilities.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
@psychotoxin: kid... you've made your point... all i've seen in the thread is you saying the same things over and over again. You say what you wanna say once, if the person doesn't listen, you leave it. It seems like you got this chronic compulsion to tell him his sprites dont look good like a dozen times. You got nothing better to do or what?

You're two years older than me... If you're going to talk down on me, don't expect me to take you seriously. Also, a minute a post doesn't take much out of my life. Plus, I say the same thing? He asked for CC and also used a sprite he didn't ask permission to use.

His hack is still in development relax and there is a difference between a critique and calling them bad

Why should I give you constructive criticism if you willfully ignore it. If you prefer not to give effort, be my guest. You could have told me sooner so then I could have saved a minute or two from my life that Ark_Silvanos implies I don't have.

I'm sorry, I'm speaking out of frustration. On a serious note I redid my Misty sprite:
effort.png
Someone please, make a video using this sprite.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
[SIZE="a"]Again the last two were not critiques they were you simply calling them bad and all you're doing now is trolling.[/SIZE]

i found out that resizing can mess up little details hair eyes and a pain in the *** to clean up so i like doing it my way

Just a word of advice...

So... What do you want me to say? Everyone has already said it for me...

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
Ok the fact is i already a made 1.3( in progress) of reziseing your repeting the same sprite critque from earlier im on my iphone cant post my new one till i get home
Side note ITS My birthday
Edit here is a re-sized elesa mine
th_Elesa-1.png
Original
Spr_B2W2_Elesa.png

Last edited:
Years
You're two years older than me... If you're going to talk down on me, don't expect me to take you seriously. Also, a minute a post doesn't take much out of my life. Plus, I say the same thing? He asked for CC and also used a sprite he didn't ask permission to use.

Why should I give you constructive criticism if you willfully ignore it. If you prefer not to give effort, be my guest. You could have told me sooner so then I could have saved a minute or two from my life that Ark_Silvanos implies I don't have.

I'm sorry, I'm speaking out of frustration. On a serious note I redid my Misty sprite:
effort.png
Someone please, make a video using this sprite.

Lol after all that **** u just said about how ur giving him CC, its absolutely breath-taking how constructive and helpful this post truly is. Wow, i'm impressed, kid, keep up the good work. I'm sure your doing your best to help new spriters spread their wings and improve. You know the difference between you and every1 else? How many others do you see coming back to the thread to say his sprites aren't upto par as often as you? Thats why I asked if u didn't have anything better to do... not cuz i thought u had no life... but the fact that you thought that way really makes me wonder if you do...

@rodriguezjames55: see, resizing isn't so tough :P, and the sprite looks good as far as i can tell, though you could fix the hair on the right side a bit... keep going with the smaller sprites and go from there... oh and happy birthday :)

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
Lol after all that **** u just said about how ur giving him CC, its absolutely breath-taking how constructive and helpful this post truly is. Wow, i'm impressed, kid, keep up the good work. I'm sure your doing your best to help new spriters spread their wings and improve. You know the difference between you and every1 else? How many others do you see coming back to the thread to say his sprites aren't upto par as often as you? Thats why I asked if u didn't have anything better to do... not cuz i thought u had no life... but the fact that you thought that way really makes me wonder if you do...

@rodriguezjames55: see, resizing isn't so tough :P, and the sprite looks good as far as i can tell, though you could fix the hair on the right side a bit... keep going with the smaller sprites and go from there... oh and happy birthday :)

it was harder cuz i was using out dated software the new gimp makes it much easier. didnt notice the hair before ty and another ty

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014

I never said you did. I said it was implied. The way you worded it along with the fact you are still referring to me as a child implied you are talking down to me. I know what I did was wrong and I regret doing it. I was frustrated, and acted out of line, but who wouldn't? And we can do without the talking down. You are only two years older than me. Unless you are actually trying to provoke me.

Rodriguezjames55

No Jokes #MegaCharizard
Years
New Gold sprite (i think)
not sure if i made it more like gold or still Ethan change the hair (it was purple) and facial expression
Goldjesey-2.png

what do you think?

EDIT a little ironic but a re-sized this to be bigger
HGSS_Silver_Back-2.png

EDIT 2: another WIP please be hypercritical
HGSS_Ethan.png

Last edited:

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
New Gold sprite (i think)
not sure if i made it more like gold or still Ethan change the hair (it was purple) and facial expression
Goldjesey-2.png

what do you think?

EDIT a little ironic but a re-sized this to be bigger
HGSS_Silver_Back-2.png

EDIT 2: another WIP please be hypercritical
HGSS_Ethan.png

Mate, that Ethan sprite isnt yours.
I'm 100% sure that i saw the same sprite 1 year ago, okay you might have edited it a little bit or even resized, but still its not from scratch, since u stated it that u made it, and only recoloring doesnt make it yours either.
http://pokefarm.org/forum_thread?tid=123380&page=1
if u open some spoilers u see the sprite("Trainer cards" spoiler respectively).

Also it is okay to try to make a resource for traner sprites etc. but its not okay if it is full of stolen spriten, without giving the proper credits.

Last edited:
Back