• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
-_- I can't find any good RPs out right now that satisfy my taste. I would join CHECKMATE, but there are 'no more spots'!

Can someone suggest any RPs that are out right now, some popular, some new? I'm bored out of my mind.

Another thing, has anyone attempted making a Maximum Ride RP? I'm really sucked into that right now.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I would agree with CWP regarding the Pokemon-based RP. Making an original SAO roleplay is much better. Plus, that would increase the interest of roleplayers like CWP who's waiting for so long for an "original" roleplay.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
-_- I can't find any good RPs out right now that satisfy my taste. I would join CHECKMATE, but there are 'no more spots'!

Can someone suggest any RPs that are out right now, some popular, some new? I'm bored out of my mind.

Another thing, has anyone attempted making a Maximum Ride RP? I'm really sucked into that right now.

Yep.

Try to join Skies of Fruition or Blazing Sun / Tranquil Moon?

I've seen Maximum Ride RPs now and then, but since I'm not at all familiar with it, I haven't been keeping track on how well things went for them.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Gah! I've been trying to make sure I'm not stressing myself to make long posts unnecessarily. My face when I realize that my brain has very high standards now and gives me high amounts of anxiety over any post under say 300 words. It's like a drug addiction man. It pulls you in with dreams of glory and then it ruins your e-life!

In other news, I'm not sure I could physically restrain myself from joining a good paranormal horror RP that doesn't rely on it's audience having a fear of blood right about now. Even better if it takes place in a Pokemon/Fantasy setting.

ytfeL

Glorious Strategist
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
To all of you talking about original/horror styled RP's: I should have my game up in a few days (tonight if I push myself to just finish the opening post) and would love some feedback/see if it garners any interest. It is a fantasy setting and though not straight up horror, there are PLENTY of dark and scary things lurking in the progression of the game. A city of thieves set upon the only know gateway to the realms, where exiled gods who are pissed and want to finish their war are imprisoned, can't NOT have a seedy underbelly, both in game and plot.

I have a disclaimer going into the title post as well, seeing as I am looking for dedicated RPers who can help breathe life into my skeleton, I am going to have to be strict on applicants. It will also be my first game here, and my first serious game ever, so any input the community has to offer would be fantastic.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@yfteL: I was more looking for paranormal horror (Think: Fear of the unknown) specifically, and as a primary genre rather than a sub-genre, but you do make it sound pretty solid. Perhaps I'll check it out...

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Gah! I've been trying to make sure I'm not stressing myself to make long posts unnecessarily. My face when I realize that my brain has very high standards now and gives me high amounts of anxiety over any post under say 300 words. It's like a drug addiction man. It pulls you in with dreams of glory and then it ruins your e-life!

In other news, I'm not sure I could physically restrain myself from joining a good paranormal horror RP that doesn't rely on it's audience having a fear of blood right about now. Even better if it takes place in a Pokemon/Fantasy setting.
The one Grieger and I are going to make is going to be "fear of the unknown" if that means what I think it does. Though it isn't Pokemon-themed or fantasial, it's somewhat modern-real RPing.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
To all of those who participated in the RPOs, great work. The medals are now out and to those who did win medals I will offer my congratulations. To those who didn't I will say that the fun in the event is all that matters. I myself had fun writing up my posts and I hope everyone else did as well!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Gah! I've been trying to make sure I'm not stressing myself to make long posts unnecessarily. My face when I realize that my brain has very high standards now and gives me high amounts of anxiety over any post under say 300 words. It's like a drug addiction man. It pulls you in with dreams of glory and then it ruins your e-life!.
You're the lucky, I don't know exactly what happened in the past month, but my posts have gotten way shorter, and it may be because I've started becoming conscious of the way I spend my time now that school's back in session. Then I have to worry about college and my diminishing Gaming Life (yes, contrary to popular belief, you actually gain a life by being an avid gamer), not to mention the reviews that take me so long...ugh...

Still, there are far more RPers that have it way worse than I do.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Yep.

Try to join Skies of Fruition or Blazing Sun / Tranquil Moon?

-_- Sigh...

Skies of Fruition has no more spots, & Blazing Sun / Tranguil Moon... I might consider joining it. Any other RPs?

-.- Isn't it annoying to find an RP you wanna join, then find out there are no more spots? I mean, seriously! I'd rather they make RPs with unlimited spots, so it doesn't become a hassle.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I just had an idea earlier today when working on my history paper. xD I'll give you a tiny preview: It's based on the movie "How to Train Your Dragon" and it's gonna focus on Pokemon contests, battling and the Pokeathlon! It got so huge I just had to minimize a few xD I can't really say much but it's going to be pretty good.

Also, I'm excited to see the winners! Congrats to the members that got gold/silver/bronze!

Galdr

ドラゴンのおうじ
Years
I just had an idea earlier today when working on my history paper. xD I'll give you a tiny preview: It's based on the movie "How to Train Your Dragon" and it's gonna focus on Pokemon contests, battling and the Pokeathlon!

So basically "How to Train Your Pokemon"? XD Sounds funny. It would be cool if we had to use Dragon-only Pokemon (or those in the Dragon egg group). That'd make more sense.

Years
If any of you are looking for an RP to join I'm looking for applicants for mine (Pokemon Survival Challenge). I got the idea mostly from reading about Nuzlockes and from what the people who have posted said it might actually be pretty good. If you're interested the OOC/sign-up thread is in the RP lounge.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

So basically "How to Train Your Pokemon"? XD Sounds funny. It would be cool if we had to use Dragon-only Pokemon (or those in the Dragon egg group). That'd make more sense.

That's...actually the title of the roleplay. xDI'm debating on changing it, but it got stuck. And I wouldn't really limit the Pokemon usage to Dragon-types since there isn't that many, so I'll have roleplayers get the freedom to choose their Pokemon at ease.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
-.- Isn't it annoying to find an RP you wanna join, then find out there are no more spots? I mean, seriously! I'd rather they make RPs with unlimited spots, so it doesn't become a hassle.
if that was the case, how could a gm keep up with everyone? theres a reason people have limited spots. its so they can handle it.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

People would need to have ****-loads of time to handle a RP with unlimited spots lol

I always check out RPs as soon as I come online, to make sure spots don't sill up if I want to join them. Probably be a bit faster next time?

I'm kind of interested in the paranormal/horror RP, but it depends on the premise of the RP, is it like a one with ghosts, or supernatural creatures?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Very well said Impact. That was actually a problem I made with the shattered era. I opened it to unlimited spots and the rp really suffered because of it and went really slow at the beginning as well. It's a good thing to have limited spots because that means you can start faster and essentially you will have a tight knit group of rpers rather than having a good fifteen rpers that just interact with one or two other players.

Anyway, if any of you are looking for a challenging roleplay, consider Pokemon Survival Challenge by gimmiepie. It's a different take on a Nuzlocke challenge and in rp form to boot! Anyway, for those who do want something different, I believe that this rp will offer a good story. There are only five spots left so reserve your spots today! :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I actually sent in my "How to train your Pokemon" roleplay just last night. xD I can't believe how a small idea stored inside my mind can quickly grow to become something so big.

Which brings me to a new topic!

How do you work on your roleplay ideas? Do you just go with the flow or just sit there and think?

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
How do you work on your roleplay ideas? Do you just go with the flow or just sit there and think?

I have only truly made one RP and that was a joint effort, but on my end I stay there and thought and planned nearly everything out. I don't want to jump in and manage a RP without at least some through outline of the plot/world/etc. Going with the flow is more important for the managing/story telling, imho. But working on the ideas,I think, should take some thought.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Generally a good idea will come to me, and if I decide to make it, I'll go deeper into thinking about it, furthering plot, and so on. Though lately, I've been trying to restrain myself from making or joining anything more. I feel I might have to bring out an idea...

Anyone who remembers me from when I first came to PC (As "Zerin") remembers that I had created a small, tight-knit Zelda RP. Of course, do to some less-than-loyal RPers, as well as my own quick-to-give-up GMing at the time, it died as fast as it had begun.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link of Dimensions (Dead)

I'm considering reviving this RP, only I'll re-imagine it and make it something greater than before.

That said, the only people who should join it are those who can surely stay active and into it.

This is a journey RP, though it's Zelda, not Pokemon.

How many people's interests have I found?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back