• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Intent is the big difference between them, and Elene would not slip up. Even if she did, it would likely be considered manslaughter instead of murder.

Also, need I point out that it was Solo throwing about one hundred knives and assorted cutlery, and people, at once? :x

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
That is deadly, but the whole scream wasn't an intentional choice of his. he was overcome with blinding rage and that was how it let itself out.

In this situation, Solo isn't attempting murder, he's trying to defend himself.

If others hadn't come, he'd probably have died.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
They'd be classified as crimes of passion.

"A crime of passion, or crime passionnel, in popular usage, refers to a violent crime, especially murder, in which the perpetrator commits the act against someone because of sudden strong impulse such as sudden rage or heartbreak rather than as a premeditated crime."

Again, the difference is his intent. By going for this person's throat, he was attempting to murder them.

This is disregarding the fact that he's proven himself a blatant threat to the school as a whole already, in what's meant to be civilized lands. A fight on the first day, almost killing people with uncontrolled telekinesis on the next, and intending to kill another a few short minutes later. At the very, very least, I'd give him a device that inhibits his powers and have a powerful Youkai constantly at his side.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'm really starting to think we're going to have a problem; I don't think I've seen you complain about anything anyone else has done, it seems always directed at me.

Still don't want to make enemies, but I dislike having to defend myself at all times (I had quite enough of it growing up).

If there's some issue you have with me personally, then at the very least it should be at the very least brought to light, and solved so that it does not cause any future problems.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I don't have an issue with you personally, Eve. In the Zelda one, nothing came up.

In SSBB, your character tried to murder mine. Obvious reasons for frustration there.

In this game, Solo is...trying to murder somebody and accidentally almost murdered half a cafeteria.

In comparison...nobody else in this game has tried to murder anybody, or anybody in SSBB. It's solely a problem with you literally trying to get away with murder.

The only problem I can genuinely bring up with you as a person is the blatant misogyny of the "fangirls", implying that women are dumb and ruled only by lust, despite repeatedly being told that there's no interest there.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
That is deadly, but the whole scream wasn't an intentional choice of his. he was overcome with blinding rage and that was how it let itself out.
Well, I would say that an inhibitor would be a good idea, especially since the scream was not completely his fault. It wouldn't be punishment, it would be for his own good as well as for the good of the other students; a precaution in case something like that happens again.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I don't have an issue with you personally, Eve. In the Zelda one, nothing came up.

In SSBB, your character tried to murder mine. Obvious reasons for frustration there.

In this game, Solo is...trying to murder somebody and accidentally almost murdered half a cafeteria.

In comparison...nobody else in this game has tried to murder anybody, or anybody in SSBB. It's solely a problem with you literally trying to get away with murder.

The only problem I can genuinely bring up with you as a person is the blatant misogyny of the "fangirls", implying that women are dumb and ruled only by lust, despite repeatedly being told that there's no interest there.
Erm, let's see... In order...

Our characters never interacted, so it'd be hard for that to be possible (hate that it didn't last long enough)

Smash Bros... That was a test of strength. If anything, your character was more prone to murder than anything.

This... Doesn't make any sense to me. I explain the reasonings, the characters' thoughts or actions, but that just doesn't seem to matter to you. I believe that, in a life-or-death situation, killing your assailant would be the only way to save yourself. There Werewolves were out to kill, and had far better chances of doing so on top of that. I don't think I've ever tried to "get away with murder" with any of my characters, as with every instance it was justifiable.

"Fangirls" isn't something I'm creating, nor stating any actuality in (However there are some people like that, in either sex, usually it's just a phase for younger teens). Fangirls are something used for comedic purposes in many different stories. An anime-ish story seems more than welcoming to that sort of humor.

So no, I don't actually think that. Never have I been sexist, or racist, or anything of the sort. I make fun of everyone equally.

My point is that you seem to go after me specifically, and honestly it's a very uncomfortable position to be in.

I agree with machomuu, in that they could create some sort of device to limit his powers. The question would be what he should do if he finds himself in a dangerous situation and needs his powers for defense. For example, if a Fairytale raid comes at the school.

It'd be rather amusing to watch him complain about it, too.

If such a thing is created, it could be ironically made into a collar.

At least until he eventually is able to learn to control his powers.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
These events only came around because the assailants were comically evil, only to justify Solo trying to murder them. And, as I've pointed out, it's still murder, no matter how one might try to justify it.

The issue with fangirls is that you're making it a fact of the world. If it were Solo's delusions, fine. If it was just one, fine. But an entire group of females in-world that definitely are that is extremely sexist; there isn't a single male among them.

Regarding singling you out...I can see how it would seem like that, but no. I rib on everyone's characters that are ripe for it, even my own; as I've been doing with Ryuu being a pervert and Elene's ego.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
These events only came around because the assailants were comically evil, only to justify Solo trying to murder them. And, as I've pointed out, it's still murder, no matter how one might try to justify it.

The issue with fangirls is that you're making it a fact of the world. If it were Solo's delusions, fine. If it was just one, fine. But an entire group of females in-world that definitely are that is extremely sexist; there isn't a single male among them.

Regarding singling you out...I can see how it would seem like that, but no. I rib on everyone's characters that are ripe for it, even my own; as I've been doing with Ryuu being a pervert and Elene's ego.
Still, it seems like criticism without any constructive aspect, with is just criticism. That's just plain aggravating, personally.

You say that the purpose of a person's hatred toward Solo is specifically to justify Solo's attacking... That makes no sense at all to me.

How am I making it a 'fact of the world'? And 'an entire group' is really only three specific girls. It's not like a massive crowd or something (which /is/ done in Anime, nonetheless).

Yes, but those aspects don't seem the same. Mocking how a character is created is entirely different from mocking how they act or what they've done. This means that you are not criticizing Solo, you are criticizing decisions /I've/ made in controlling Solo. This is when it becomes a personal issue.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
If the person hadn't attacked Solo, Solo wouldn't have tried to murder them. This person has no backstory or genuine reasons for doing so besides petty revenge; they're no antagonist or villain that has reasons for what they're doing, and they provide nothing for character development or the setting as a whole. If I were to give constructive criticism (Which is worthless at this point, and most people take offense to telling them how they should play their characters), I'd have built up this werewolf so he is a character himself. He could have served to explore Solo's prejudice against werewolves, comparisons between the two characters that could have led to deeper and more sympathetic relationships for both characters.

Without any kind of development for this person, they're nothing but a catalyst for Solo to angst over.

@Khawill: I'm sure everybody will come in to agree with you.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
If the person hadn't attacked Solo, Solo wouldn't have tried to murder them. This person has no backstory or genuine reasons for doing so besides petty revenge; they're no antagonist or villain that has reasons for what they're doing, and they provide nothing for character development or the setting as a whole. If I were to give constructive criticism (Which is worthless at this point, and most people take offense to telling them how they should play their characters), I'd have built up this werewolf so he is a character himself. He could have served to explore Solo's prejudice against werewolves, comparisons between the two characters that could have led to deeper and more sympathetic relationships for both characters.

Without any kind of development for this person, they're nothing but a catalyst for Solo to angst over.
Do you not see that this fight is exactly that? As others came to help, there's something of an unseen connection now, between Solo and his saviors.

Moreover, this certainly isn't the last time the Werewolf boy will be a problem. This is indeed part of a bigger plan, in time. You can't expect very much deep background between them on the second day, right? It has to be built up with time. All there is so far is a racial hatred between Lycans and Werewolves. And it is mutual.

Also, now that Frio has gotten involved (and pretty much saved Solo's life) there's now a possibility for interaction between them /as well as/ some development for Solo. This was not a pointless endeavor; there was much reason behind it.

I'm only taking offense to the criticism /because/ there is no construction to it. It feels as if the intentions are only to question every single move I make with my characters, instead of how I may better them.

I just would like to prevent further problems. I love this community as a whole, and if I can get along with everyone I'll be completely happy.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Hey guys, I just came in to agree with Khawill.
d:

Do you not see that this fight is exactly that? As others came to help, there's something of an unseen connection now, between Solo and his saviors.

Moreover, this certainly isn't the last time the Werewolf boy will be a problem. This is indeed part of a bigger plan, in time. You can't expect very much deep background between them on the second day, right? It has to be built up with time. All there is so far is a racial hatred between Lycans and Werewolves. And it is mutual.

Also, now that Frio has gotten involved (and pretty much saved Solo's life) there's now a possibility for interaction between them /as well as/ some development for Solo. This was not a pointless endeavor; there was much reason behind it.

I'm only taking offense to the criticism /because/ there is no construction to it. It feels as if the intentions are only to question every single move I make with my characters, instead of how I may better them.
I avoid trying to advise people on how to play their characters unless they ask for it. Explaining things later is one of those literary flaws that doesn't really work unless it's clearly foreshadowed beforehand; in this case, an offhand comment from the Werewolf that hints at a deeper meaning behind his actions, otherwise these things come off as a Deux Ex Machina/Diabolus Ex Machina. It's basically what all mystery stories work around, as well.

A deep background between the pair isn't expected on the second day, but it is expected that each character has their reasons for it and that they're being highlighted; which I assume is what you're doing with Solo. I don't read most posts that don't directly involve one of my characters in some way, but I do know that this werewolf hasn't been given any hints about why he's doing this. "Skin you alive", and so on? That's what makes this guy seem like nothing but a comic villain; here now, plays his part, gone a moment later.

If you say that you have something planned for him, fair enough, I'll believe that. But give hints about him being be Were-Prince Jimmy the Third beforehand.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I'll give you that one, I suppose, though I tend to use hints very rarely, as most of them will give away the very thing they hint at right off the bat.

For example, Solo's history. It's a big secret. Unless you count the necklace as a hint, though it wouldn't make so much sense.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Yikes can we keep criticism at the constructive level and leave it... there's no obligation to respond to a post if you find it offensive... Sure there is a little bit of violence going on Solo's side but that's because he displays and overall unfriendly manner. Maybe it is a bit too excessive but I see no harm in Eve's playing. His character was tailored by him and he has a better concept of the character more than anyone else. There is no deep story all of a sudden materializing from nowhere on the 2nd day and it all seems fair. Just don't fight for the sake of fighting and I'll leave it at PinkSapphire's discretion.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
@dcjboi: I was only responding to the the murder. If everyone "A little unfriendly" did that, there'd be nobody left. d:

@Eve: Also understandable. I struggled with giving hints that were too subtle to begin with, but it's better to make an attempt than to give none at all. Eventually, one will get better at it.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
@Eve: Also understandable. I struggled with giving hints that were too subtle to begin with, but it's better to make an attempt than to give none at all. Eventually, one will get better at it.
True, but if I give an unsubtle hint then I lose all mystery associated with the subject; and that's one of my favorite parts!

If ever I'm able to create a subtle hint, I'll do it. That was my issue when sending out bits of FORSAKEN.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
I guess, but to be fair there was lack of any character's like Solo where one wrong action can lead to combat. Anyway I don't want to argue about it (especially with Lili seeing as she wants to castrate people with Elene's violin bow).

Back