• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
FP on Gar is fail. Blissey is another epic fail of Pokemon.
Anyway, this gar ruins Bliss. Sub down to health, Pain Split, Focus Blast for a clean 2HKO.

Actually Blissey pp stalls you out of F-Blast without Toxic Spikes down since Focus Blast struggles to 3hko it.

Also saying Bliss "fails" shows ignorance and a misguided opinion.

Anyway, on HO you need dual screens as you cant switch into/set up on anything worth squat.

RTHookers

Banned
Years
This is why I have my lead Roserade.
And I know I need DS. I'm thinking about Azelf but I'll lose Roserade.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
63.2% - 74.4%

SubPunch Gengar to Standard WishBliss.

A.k.a., a 2HKO (with SR + T-Spikes) since it can't heal off the damage unless it predicts it coming (which is unlikely).

So, no Focus Punch on Gengar doesn't "fail" it actually succeeds.

Also, Blissey is the most used Special wall in the metagame for a reason, you may not like it because its so used, but it is actually very good at its job.

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
  • Age 31
  • SA
  • Seen Nov 14, 2010
As long as this thread is already here, may i ask, what exactly is mini modding?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
When a member with no power replies to a thread specifically to do a moderator's job.

i.e.

"This should be in the [blank] forum"

"We already have this thread: [Link]"

"Here's the Help Thread for this: [Link]"

^ This = mini-modding, regardless if the person answers the question or the post itself in relevancy.

Honest

Hi!
Years
As long as this thread is already here, may i ask, what exactly is mini modding?

When a person who's not on the staff like me or you goes around the forums and posting 'This thread does not belong here' and stuff similar to that and not even be on topic. Like for example if I went:

This thread is pointless, you should closes it

That would be mini-modding (it isn't by the way. xD)

RTHookers

Banned
Years
Just hit it once. 2HKO is still nice. If it wasted a turn on Taunt or something it's good.

Anyone has a good idea for an Agility Kingler moveset?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Yes exactly, in the rules it says, No trolling and No Flamming! But i have no idea what those are supposed to mean!

Trolling is when you try to piss people off on purpose - your only goal in the thread is to anger people and go against everyone, just to, as said twice now, piss them off.

Flaming is when you insult someone without reason, or gravely even with a reason.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2024
Just hit it once. 2HKO is still nice. If it wasted a turn on Taunt or something it's good.

Anyone has a good idea for an Agility Kingler moveset?

Kingler@Life Orb / Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
252 Att / 252 speed / 6 hp
Trait : Hyper Cutter
- Agility
- Swords Dance
- Crab Hammer
- Return / X-Scissor

That is the standard. Agility first against frail offensive teams, squeeze in an SD if then sent in something that cant really hurt you. Swords Dance first against stall teams since you'll be faster than most the stuff they have. Good with Spikes to wear down Meganium etc.

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
  • Age 31
  • SA
  • Seen Nov 14, 2010
Alright, I get it. Thanks you guys.

But if a person specifically asks, is it still kosher to answer their question if you know?

xJordan360

plurfection.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
I typically answer the question, then poke a mod in their direction to shut the beezy down. (;

Melody

Banned
Years
It's OK to answer their question as long as you're not stating your answer as if that's the definitive answer and as long as you're not just saying "This thread goes ___" or "This thread is spam" or any variances of the two.

I generally word my posts, intentionally, in a way that invites any passing staff member to correct me if I am indeed wrong.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2010
Why do people use Choice Specs on Alakazam? I'm new so I'm probably missing something but once you use it you can only attack with the same mov.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
When I can, I try to inform people where the information they posted should go in. (And I usually get beaten by mods) Other than that, I can mini-mod... a lot.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Why do people use Choice Specs on Alakazam? I'm new so I'm probably missing something but once you use it you can only attack with the same mov.

It gives a pretty big boost in power. And actually not many people do use it because Psychic is a terrible STAB. Choice Items are also used for tricking the item onto pokemon that would normally wall you.

Years
Keeping track of EV's

Does anyone know of a program or easy way to count EV's besides counting regularly, because im lazy. Thanks!
(I didn't know where to put this so I put it here, sorry!)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
Does anyone know of a program or easy way to count EV's besides counting regularly, because im lazy. Thanks!
(I didn't know where to put this so I put it here, sorry!)

I heard that these things work really well, and they are portable!

calculator.jpg

Back