• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 1, 2016
I feel like an idiot for asking this, but could anyone elaborate a bit on the A-map connections?

I'll have 2 maps that connect perfectly in the viewer. I'll go into my ROM and it looks like an earthquake shook the maps apart. Is there any type of magic or sorcery involved that I'm missing?

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
I had a few more questions.

1. How do I activate the updated town map in Fire Red (the one Celio gives you)? I tried playing around with some of the flags in his script, but couldn't find the right one.

2. I've been using YAPE to edit Pokemon in Fire Red. Originally I was using the 1.0 version of Fire Red and YAPE was working fine. I decided it would be better to use the 1.1 version for the hack I'm working on for the bug fixes, but YAPE gives me an error when I try to load the 1.1 version. It says "Error Loading ROM. Error Reading Base Stats." I get the same error when using the 1.1 version of Leaf Green. Has anyone else had this problem when using the 1.1 versions? Is there any way to fix it?

3. Has anyone found a way to incorporate the sleep clause and freeze clause into trainer battles in Fire Red?

4. Has anyone found a way to make it so that items stolen by the player using Thief are returned at the end of trainer battles?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I'm hacking Sapphire and I want the character to be able to get 1st and 2nd gen pokemon that will evolve. If I was to rescript when you get the pokedex and change it to the character receiving a national dex instead, will that solve the problem?

Yes, it would solve the problem. :)

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I feel like an idiot for asking this, but could anyone elaborate a bit on the A-map connections?

I'll have 2 maps that connect perfectly in the viewer. I'll go into my ROM and it looks like an earthquake shook the maps apart. Is there any type of magic or sorcery involved that I'm missing?

You have to make sure the connections match up on both maps. Hit the "up" arrow, or just go to the opposite map, and make sure those connections match as well. Generally, the offset of one map is the negative offset of the connecting map, for example, if you're connecting Map1 and Map2, Map1 to Map2 might be 10, while Map2 to Map1 is -10.

2. I've been using YAPE to edit Pokemon in Fire Red. Originally I was using the 1.0 version of Fire Red and YAPE was working fine. I decided it would be better to use the 1.1 version for the hack I'm working on for the bug fixes, but YAPE gives me an error when I try to load the 1.1 version. It says "Error Loading ROM. Error Reading Base Stats." I get the same error when using the 1.1 version of Leaf Green. Has anyone else had this problem when using the 1.1 versions? Is there any way to fix it?

3. Has anyone found a way to incorporate the sleep clause and freeze clause into trainer battles in Fire Red?

4. Has anyone found a way to make it so that items stolen by the player using Thief are returned at the end of trainer battles?

For your second question, those programs probably only support version 1.0. Most programs here use Firered 1.0, since I think 1.1 and any other updates will have all their offsets and stuff in different places. YAPE is essentially checking for Pokemon data at a place where Pokemon data does not exist. If you can find an .ini of Firered 1.1, then you'd be set, otherwise just go back to 1.0

For your third question, you'd probably need to do some ASM for that, to check if the opponents have a Pokemon that's asleep or frozen, and if so, prevent the player from using a freezing or sleeping move, or something like that. Same for the fourth.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2012
Do you mean every single sprite in the entire game? Or just specific sprites, like Pokemon and Trainers?

Use A-text to change the text, or a hex editor.

Yes, I'd like to dump every sprite in the game.

Also I get this error when trying to open A-Text.
Code:
Component 'Comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Also, I need some help with Advanced Map. I've researched this for a bit, but I couldn't find the answers I needed.

I need to know two things.

1) How do I delete maps? I haven't been able to figure out how to delete unneeded and unused maps.
2) How do I move map save locations? I inserted my map, but I don't know how to put it in a different city. It just saves in the town that used to be Pallet Town.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
Advance Map Pokemon Fire Red items help?

Sorry if this is not where I post this, this is my first topic >.<...

Ok I have basically created and inserted 7 new maps into the game, the maps works fine as do the warps and etc. My problem is that if I have two of the same items placed on the map, not hidden, the ones where you can see the pokeball sprite, I will pick up the first one and then the other will disappear.

To be more clear and simple if I pick up a max revive then the other(s) on the map vanish. Any item that is not max revive still remains but the other max revive is gone. Is there something I have done wrong? They do not vanish from my bag but from the map itself.

I made the scripts for the item events with pokescript.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
can somebody help me?

i think im not at the right place to post this... notify me...
i just want a experienced person on hacking... i just want to know if these are possible:
pokescript and advancemap
1. create a new character on pokemon emerald
i mean to create a new "may" coz i think it can.. but no one wants to help me... i just want to add a new character that will... act like may... like she will suddenly walk towards you and talk to you... give you items and stuffs... can i copy the script of may and add it to my new character and modify it slightly??

i just want to create a new story line on pokemon emerald.. :(

ADLFM14

Legendary Spriter
Years
ok guys i really need some little help i want to change the pokeball that shows how many pokemon does the player have when battle starts while searching around unlz i found the picture i want to edit and i've changed this:
scaled.php

to this:
filev.png

so when i import it and repoint using fsf now time to check and test the rom when open a battle the pokeball are still found didn't even change:
scaled.php

so plz ireall need help and thnx

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
2) How do I move map save locations? I inserted my map, but I don't know how to put it in a different city. It just saves in the town that used to be Pallet Town.

To change the folder the map is under go into the header tab of the map you want to move, there should be a a box with the map name in the top-left corner. Open it and select the name you want the map to go under, save your ROM and then refresh Advance Map (F5). Your map should now be inside the folder name that you chose.

Sorry if this is not where I post this, this is my first topic >.<...

Ok I have basically created and inserted 7 new maps into the game, the maps works fine as do the warps and etc. My problem is that if I have two of the same items placed on the map, not hidden, the ones where you can see the pokeball sprite, I will pick up the first one and then the other will disappear.

To be more clear and simple if I pick up a max revive then the other(s) on the map vanish. Any item that is not max revive still remains but the other max revive is gone. Is there something I have done wrong? They do not vanish from my bag but from the map itself.

That definitely shouldn't be happening. Check both Pokeball overworlds in A-Map and ensure that they have different 'Person Event' numbers; if they are identical then you will have to change one of them to something else. Also check their Person IDs as if they have the same value (which which is activated by a flag) that would also lead to the second ball disappearing. If neither of those suggestions help then post the scripts you're using so we can see what's happening when you talk to the balls.

i think im not at the right place to post this... notify me...
i just want a experienced person on hacking... i just want to know if these are possible:
pokescript and advancemap
1. create a new character on pokemon emerald
i mean to create a new "may" coz i think it can.. but no one wants to help me... i just want to add a new character that will... act like may... like she will suddenly walk towards you and talk to you... give you items and stuffs... can i copy the script of may and add it to my new character and modify it slightly??

i just want to create a new story line on pokemon emerald.. :(

Of course all of that is possible through scripting. If you're going to be working off one of May's scripts then you're going to have to repoint part of it, but I would encourage you to make your own scripts from scratch. To learn how to do stuff like that then I would highly advise that you check out the Tutorials section as there are several guides which cover the basic commands you'll need and how to set up your very own script.

Last edited:

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
In Fire Red, does anyone know the palette and image offsets of the lines behind oak at the intro?

267494-pokemon-firered-version-game-boy-advance-screenshot-a-familiar.png

I found the pallete location for the circle by searching this thread but would also like to edit the background.

Also does anyone know how to edit these screens:
0.jpg

I wanna change the Pikachu and the text, I remember seeing tutorials for both a few years ago but can't seem to find them now.

Years
For editing palettes, load your ROM in VisualBoy Advance, go to that screen, then under the "Tools" menu, select "Palette Viewer". Select a colour that you wish to edit. The "Value" that is shown is the hex code for the colour. You need to split the value into bytes and flip them, so 7FFF would become FF7F. Do this to around four or five or the colours (the palette progresses from left to right), and keep the information (in the correct order) in Notepad.

Load your ROM in a hex editor, search the data you just obtained, and the offset it takes you to can then be loaded into HackMew's Advance Palette Editor tool (I assume you'll be able to work out how to use APE, it's rather straightforward).

Now for my question, is there a particular reason why exits in interior rooms in FireRed have three warps? Does it have any adverse side effects if the two side warps are omitted?

Wendle

Not So Standard Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2018
Some random newbie questions. For Gen 3 hacking.

1 Can the (4th gen) Pys/spec split be in implemented? (even in a crude way) is there a mod component for this?

2 Is there a "mod component" that has all 649 pokemon?,( all the sprites, moves ETC not implemented) I've looked round the forum but i may have missed something.

3 How much space can a mapper play with, before running out of space? can you increase the allotted space?

4 If i use emerald tiles in leaf green or visa versa, will there be a problem?

5 Does anyone know any decent GBA emulators for "android" phones?

Years
Some random newbie questions. For Gen 3 hacking.

1 Can the (4th gen) Pys/spec split be in implemented? (even in a crude way) is there a mod component for this?

2 Is there a "mod component" that has all 649 pokemon?,( all the sprites, moves ETC not implemented) I've looked round the forum but i may have missed something.

3 How much space can a mapper play with, before running out of space? can you increase the allotted space?

4 If i use emerald tiles in leaf green or visa versa, will there be a problem?

5 Does anyone know any decent GBA emulators for "android" phones?
"SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION". Did you really? :P

Anyway:

1) This patch will enable the Physical/Special split.

2) This patch (which is a work in progress) will allow you to.

3) For map limitations, Advance Map will only allow you a certain size ratio. For the amount of maps, normally it's safe to stay within the several maps that are already in the ROM, but here's a tutorial on how to add new maps.

4) If you insert the tiles properly, there should be no problems. There's a guide by Cello in the Tutorials subforum if you dont know how to insert tiles.

5) Try this.

Most of the things I've linked apply to FireRed (some may apply to Ruby/Emerald), but I'm pretty sure none will apply to LeafGreen, so if you're hacking LeafGreen I think it'd be wise to switch to FireRed - there is a wider support from tools, tutorials and patches for FireRed over LeafGreen.

Last edited:

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
Can you increase the size of a tileset? When importing tiles you seem to have pretty limited space unless you replace old tiles and I'd prefer not to do that.

NOTE: I am not referring to the "block amount", I am referring to the image you export and add your tiles to then import.

Years
I'm afraid not. Not easily, at least - no-one has done it before and it would probably involve rewriting the parts of the ROM that deal with the space maps are allocated.

Wendle

Not So Standard Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2018
"SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION". Did you really? :P

Anyway:

1) This patch will enable the Physical/Special split.
thought that thread was discussion, i didn't know it had a patch

2)this will allow you to.
Sweet.........
3) For map limitations, Advance Map will only allow you a certain size ratio. For the amount of maps, normally it's safe to stay within the several maps that are already in the ROM, but here's a tutorial on how to add new maps.[/url]
So i can't keep adding new routes to my hearts content?

4) If you insert the tiles properly, there should be no problems. There's a guide by Cello in the Tutorials subforum if you dont know how to insert tiles.
thanks

5) Try this.lol, the reason for asking to see if anyone had an opinion on which one to use lol
Most of the things I've linked apply to FireRed (some may apply to Ruby/Emerald), but I'm pretty sure none will apply to LeafGreen, so if you're hacking LeafGreen I think it'd be wise to switch to FireRed - there is a wider support from tools, tutorials and patches for FireRed over LeafGreen.

Why is fire red more popular then leaf green? I did search honestly i'm not used to this forum yet so its a little awkward. damned URL rule

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
Please help...

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Help Please

Hey guys I started trying ASM and followed the tutorials here but I don't know what I keep doing wrong....:(

Here's the ASM routine I used....

20szlgw.png

In cmd it says it has assembled succesfully but maybe I did something wrong.....

2mfn1uq.png

but the files there so idk whats the problem so here's the file in hex workshop....

24g6oif.png

I copied it down on offset 0x800000 in a clean FireRed ROM

20gzc0l.png

After that the ROM opens properly....
But when I tried it on NO$GBA the ROM crashes...

152gimg.png

Same goes to VBA but this time it freezes

27yx5hy.png

Could anyone help me with this please?

Sorry it this was a long post... :(

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Did you copy-overwrite or copy-insert? That, to me, looks like you've misaligned something which the game is trying to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back