• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Are electric pokemon the only choices, still looks awesome tho
Nope, only Pichu ;)

Image74-1.png
Image75-1.png
Image76-1.png
Image73-1.png

I'm not totally happy with it though - do you have any suggestions? :)
I think it's kinda too dark and high... maybe you should stick to Ruby one or maybe something from Sinnoh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vinROX-rBU
(If someone tells me how to embed, I'll love you forever XD )

Wrap the part after = in link with YOUTUBE tags. :)

NatureKeeper

Code:
[PLAYER] vs \v[&H03]!
That isn't bad idea ya know... I vote for it :)

Well, I once tried to edit this out!

Wild ---- Appeared, to It's a wild ---.

And guess? The screen kept glitching up. ^-^

And besides, what If Pirca recruited someone else? Now It'd be funny to be:

Flash-born Poochyena appeared!

Pirca vs Poochyena!

Battle Cry: RAICHU!

I do fear that the thing could only be fixed with: My Turn!

Last edited:

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
I wish I'd seen this thread sooner, but I'm happy to have read it now! My favorite stories are ones about animals: Watership Down, Ratha's Creature, Tailchaser's song... so xenofic in Pokemon hack form makes me really excited. Seriously looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Oh yeah, and if you ever needed help on alternate Pokemon sprites... even though it looks like you have that covered... I'd be happy to help, heh.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
Years
I don't mind how long it takes and I am waiting very patiently. The more time she has to work on it, the more polished and bug-free it's going to get.

Years
This looks awesome! Will it the cause of the Nuclear Explosions be revealed? It could be interesting, maybe in a flashback or something.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
quick suggestion, not sure if its in your best interest, but maybe making the size of the trees ect. bigger would kind of create the illusion that your small :D

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Quick answering of questions - the whole "what is said when you send your team members or yourself out?" question has been resolved; even if not exactly the way I really wanted to resolve it. ^^' I really liked the [name] vs. [enemy]! idea that was posited, but it was too long to fit, as was most everything else suggested. I could have just repointed the text, 'tis true, but I've had problems with repointing important text in the past and didn't want to risk it, so I just settled for a short, quick "Ready!"
Image81-1.png
Image82-1.png

As for "What to do?", again, I didn't have a lot of room there at that offset, and it sounded a little bit better than what I had there originally; which was "What move?" XD

Now, moving on to other questions...ah, yes, this world's past plays a big role in its present and future. :) You'll get to find out quite a bit about why the world is the way it is now, and how it relates not only to the motivations behind why the villains want to do their dastardly deeds, but also how the past affects certain of your team members, leading them to troubling realizations... ;) As for why the tiles aren't being designed to scale...it is an idea I very briefly considered, but in the end wrote off for a couple of reasons - a lot of older RPGs and other, similar-type games don't really bother with the issue; and secondly, it would be INSANE to to make, insert, and map with tiles of that nature ^^' And most importantly, it would look bizarre since most of the Pokemon sprites are roughly the same size, which throws porportions on the overworld out of whack anyway, considering a Charizard's sprite isn't much bigger than your own ^^' Even if I did make tiles that looked correct for a Pichu's size, it wouldn't look right for a Onix. ^^' Suspension of disbelief, folks XD

Anyway, I apologize for my long absence, and am afraid to say that my absence will likely continue :( Life's been treating me roughly as of late - a lot of different things are going on (on which I'd rather not elaborate), and I haven't had the time, or been in the mood most days, to really do much here on PokeCommunity or with my game. :( What I have done on SRT that's not been mentioned here is to make and insert all the sprites for every team member character (along with the mysterious Stranger Aspen mentioned earlier); made a couple new maps with the help of the wonderful Deokishisu, and ripped MIDIs from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, which I then remixed (in order to fit with Ruby's specifications of no more than five DirectSound tracks playing at once and having to use only certain instruments per voicegroup) and made into looping .s files.
Image80-2.png
Image79-2.png
Image77-2.png
Image78-2.png
Image83-1.png

The screens look a bit more interesting and natural now; and again, I have Deokishisu's wonderful advice, guidance and constructive criticism to thank for that :) The stairs are a placeholder tile, they will be replaced with something more natural in time, such as the Rock Climb rocks. :) And I'm still unsure about that HGSS grass I have in there - I'd like some more opinions on whether I should keep it or replace it with either the Kyledove style HGSS-esque grass, or with individual tufts like Ruby had in the first place. :) What do you think?

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

Quick answering of questions - the whole "what is said when you send your team members or yourself out?" question has been resolved; even if not exactly the way I really wanted to resolve it. ^^' I really liked the [name] vs. [enemy]! idea that was posited, but it was too long to fit, as was most everything else suggested. I could have just repointed the text, 'tis true, but I've had problems with repointing important text in the past and didn't want to risk it, so I just settled for a short, quick "Ready!"
Image81-1.png
Image82-1.png

As for "What to do?", again, I didn't have a lot of room there at that offset, and it sounded a little bit better than what I had there originally; which was "What move?" XD

Now, moving on to other questions...ah, yes, this world's past plays a big role in its present and future. :) You'll get to find out quite a bit about why the world is the way it is now, and how it relates not only to the motivations behind why the villains want to do their dastardly deeds, but also how the past affects certain of your team members, leading them to troubling realizations... ;) As for why the tiles aren't being designed to scale...it is an idea I very briefly considered, but in the end wrote off for a couple of reasons - a lot of older RPGs and other, similar-type games don't really bother with the issue; and secondly, it would be INSANE to to make, insert, and map with tiles of that nature ^^' And most importantly, it would look bizarre since most of the Pokemon sprites are roughly the same size, which throws porportions on the overworld out of whack anyway, considering a Charizard's sprite isn't much bigger than your own ^^' Even if I did make tiles that looked correct for a Pichu's size, it wouldn't look right for a Onix. ^^' Suspension of disbelief, folks XD

Anyway, I apologize for my long absence, and am afraid to say that my absence will likely continue :( Life's been treating me roughly as of late - a lot of different things are going on (on which I'd rather not elaborate), and I haven't had the time, or been in the mood most days, to really do much here on PokeCommunity or with my game. :( What I have done on SRT that's not been mentioned here is to make and insert all the sprites for every team member character (along with the mysterious Stranger Aspen mentioned earlier); made a couple new maps with the help of the wonderful Deokishisu, and ripped MIDIs from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, which I then remixed (in order to fit with Ruby's specifications of no more than five DirectSound tracks playing at once and having to use only certain instruments per voicegroup) and made into looping .s files.
Image80-2.png
Image79-2.png
Image77-2.png
Image78-2.png
Image83-1.png

The screens look a bit more interesting and natural now; and again, I have Deokishisu's wonderful advice, guidance and constructive criticism to thank for that :) The stairs are a placeholder tile, they will be replaced with something more natural in time, such as the Rock Climb rocks. :) And I'm still unsure about that HGSS grass I have in there - I'd like some more opinions on whether I should keep it or replace it with either the Kyledove style HGSS-esque grass, or with individual tufts like Ruby had in the first place. :) What do you think?

... Pardon me, but... I don't like the HGSS grass. It is so... bushy...

I'd recommend you do not use Grass at all. Keep it as PMD as possible. Change it to a normal type and change its behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back