• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon Gadolinium

I lost fly data for Violet and Azalea Town and i have two choices.

• Redo maps in backup rom and take time to redo events.

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Just forget it and leave it.

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Hello Pokecommunity, this is my 4th (and hopefully final) try at trying to make a post. Here we go.

Plot

Johto was a new region a few years ago. Now if you were to compare it from before to now it would almost be a whole new region. Well thats the case here. New pokemon from distant regions called Hoenn, Sinnoh, And Unova have migrated to the Johto Region which is now called Gandolinium since in the past years with the floods and earthquakes a mineral called Gandolinium was found. It contained a mysterious power we still don't know what does today. Anyways now that the region has shifted from earthquakes and floods and a new mineral has been found you are a trainer trying to compete with your brother, who is also the original HIRO from Pokemon Gold/Silver. With you competing with him, A new region and pokemon, and lots to explore you better get going. Okay Professor Elm will see you in his lab ASAP!

Features

-New Region (sorta new maps same connections)

-Migrated Pokemon from Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova

-New trainers and Old Gym Leaders

Thats all i can think of.

Progress List

Well here we go with a progress list.

Route 33 Trainers 0%
Route 33 Map. 100%
Route 33 Wild Pokemon 100%
Azalea Town Map 100%

Azalea Town Gym and Leader! 0%
Ilex Forest No trainers so just wild Pokemon and map redo. 0%
Add Croagunk and Toxicroak. 100%
That's my detailed list.

Credits

Credit to
Sprites:
4chan
/vp/
anons
Marnanbou
Twitich
Smeargle
ScrarchingMewowth
Rockman
A-Zephyr
Snake
Wupar
Kuromatsu
Kui
Lurk-Derp
Macs
shmen
soujlzanagi
Thank you for all devamped sprites that i've used so far.
Tools:
DevTools for Agixp
Bluesonic (aka Jiggleypuff) for Gold Map
Ericjoy30 fir GSC Move set editor and GSC evolution editor
Lin for Johto Map
BKHN for Poke Edit GSC
Who ever owns PokeText pm me and i'll add you
Skeetendo, inc for Cry Editor GSC
and Coolrom.com for Pokemon Gold Rom for starting me out.
Thats all i can think of for now. So thank you to all i have listed
for supplying me with tools i can use for my game.

A little bit more to go!

Screens
Pokemon_Gold_17.png

Pokemon_Gold_02.png

Pokemon_Gold_03.png

Pokemon_Gold_04.png

Pokemon_Gold_05.png

Pokemon_Gold_06.png

Pokemon_Gold_07.png

Pokemon_Gold_08.png

Pokemon_Gold_09.png

Pokemon_Gold_10.png

Pokemon_Gold_11.png

Pokemon_Gold_12.png

Pokemon_Gold_13.png

Pokemon_Gold_14.png

Pokemon_Gold_15.png

Pokemon_Gold_16.png

Pokemon_Gold.png

Now heres what you have been reading this all. Right?

Download Link
Download Link

Sadly i hate putting this :(

Bugs
Working with school then game!

I'd love feedback so let me know how i did.

Final thing my status. Every day or so i will update what im working on and update the progress list. Here's my status right now

Status: Doing school work for a while! When i can will work on game. And forget about what i said about taking christmas break. Im not taking a break from this!

Last edited by a moderator:

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Idk why nobody has posted on this thread yet, prolly because people aren't interested in 2nd Gen hacks, but the Storyline is good and the screenshots look appealing. I wish you success on this hack ^^

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
You should fix grammar stuff like "im" and "Sry" as well as the "s" that doesn't fit in the textbox and the three extra exclamation marks.

And "old ruins of Professor Elm's old lab" is redundant, but not that big a deal.

+1 for Gen 2 hack though. Hope you keep at it :D

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
You should fix grammar stuff like "im" and "Sry" as well as the "s" that doesn't fit in the textbox and the three extra exclamation marks.

And "old ruins of Professor Elm's old lab" is redundant, but not that big a deal.

+1 for Gen 2 hack though. Hope you keep at it :D

The sry was the only way it would fit along with im. I have to put the explanation marks to make it work, Trust me Poketext is a pain.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
The sry was the only way it would fit along with im. I have to put the explanation marks to make it work, Trust me Poketext is a pain.

Oh yeah I know, I've used it. You can edit text without it with PKSV (dunno about XSE), which is a lot better -- pretty sure it lets you repoint offsets too, so you're not bound to that offset's character limit, although you'd probably just be overwriting other text.

It should be okay though since, unless you plan to have 16 badges/2 regions like G/S/C, you should be able to overwrite a lot of stuff without it being a problem. Miksy knows a lot more, so maybe ask him.

Years
I downloaded the beta. I spawned in a tree.

i.imgur.com/jNIxq.png

I'm not sure if I did something wrong or you did something wrong... but either way it makes the entire thing completely unplayable without WTW cheats.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Looking at your text data problems there brings back memories - from around 3 years ago? I didn't know how to reduce the amount of letters used by text data then either (yet I did know how to do something about text data with a hex editor).

Oh yeah I know, I've used it. You can edit text without it with PKSV (dunno about XSE), which is a lot better -- pretty sure it lets you repoint offsets too, so you're not bound to that offset's character limit, although you'd probably just be overwriting other text.

It should be okay though since, unless you plan to have 16 badges/2 regions like G/S/C, you should be able to overwrite a lot of stuff without it being a problem. Miksy knows a lot more, so maybe ask him.
Yeah, you can edit text data "freely" (not really actually...) with PKSV because it handles repointing automatically. It's always a possibility that you run out of space though (to understand what I'm saying here, you'd have to know how GB pointers and rom banks work. Running out of rom space is different and won't happen that easily).

Personally, I never use PKSV for editing text (and no other script editor supports G/S/C). What I do is to write "text that makes no sense" (like 200 marks of "k" (kkkkkkk....)) into blank space in the rom (with a hex editor), pick up the offset of that "text" and add it to the ini file of Poketext. After doing this, I replace those kkkkkk... with the new text I write there. Now that I'm done writing the new text in this originally blank space in the rom, I open up my hex editor and go to that offset where that new text data is. Here I cut it off at the wanted point (at the part where "junk" data begins...) with byte "57" (which is used for stopping the game from loading more text data after that byte) and finally replace all that "junk" data following it with 00's. Done.

After doing this, make an event call the text from this rom area by repointing an original text data pointer (or in my case, make a completely new event which uses this text data by creating a new script from scratch).
None of this is that difficult once you get used to it. If you want to learn, you can eventually do it.

I don't have much to say about the hack itself, would have to try it out to write more about it.

Last edited:

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
I downloaded the beta. I spawned in a tree.

i.imgur.com/jNIxq.png

I'm not sure if I did something wrong or you did something wrong... but either way it makes the entire thing completely unplayable without WTW cheats.

I screwed up. Funny, i was trying out something and i got thru the intro and what you said happened. I fixed it will upload the fixed beta right now.

And i have to ask someone that knows about hexing. I added a bunch of 00s to the end of the rom and tried it out and it still worked. I wanna know if i keep using this rom will it f up eventually.

Put fixed link. Thanks TaichiWind!

Added croagunk/toxicroak update. This includes the croagunk line, route 33, and a new intro pokemon which i will put a screen up for. Till next time...

Last edited by a moderator:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Added emergency poll to help me out.
Do neither of them.

Study how hex editing works, check my "how to make a new region" tutorial in Skeetendo Inc. Next compare the data mentioned in the offsets of that tutorial by viewing them with your own hacked rom and an original gold/silver rom, and see what is changed between those two. Change the bytes of your hacked rom back to "normal" (or what they are in gold/silver roms).

You can compare the datas easily with "copy --> paste" functions of the hex editor without knowing much about what you're doing there.

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Do neither of them.

Study how hex editing works, check my "how to make a new region" tutorial in Skeetendo Inc. Next compare the data mentioned in the offsets of that tutorial by viewing them with your own hacked rom and an original gold/silver rom, and see what is changed between those two. Change the bytes of your hacked rom back to "normal" (or what they are in gold/silver roms).

You can compare the datas easily with "copy --> paste" functions of the hex editor without knowing much about what you're doing there.

I can do hex but its very hard for me. I'm much better with tools.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
You can't get better at rom hacking if all you can do is use tools and refuse to try out actual hex editing.

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2016
It sucks to lost data. But it's also an opportunity to rethink your idea. Maybe you'll come up with something better. :)

Back