• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Origin

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Uhh it was a rhetorical question. I'd already have quite a bit of work either way but I did solve some issues with the screensize, such as I made methods to shift the window to center it on one's computer automatically (otherwise part of the screen would be below your bar thing on the bottom of the computer screen).

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Well I've been up to a little something lately, and it's resizing the screen (so it's smaller, like some requested). If these new dimensions are liked I will continue, but if they're not, it's a big waste of time: (Ohh, and also a little look at the titlescreen)

capture093.png

The lugia is just there because it was easier to quickly assemble than a Giratina; Lugia will not appear on the actual titlescreen. Also a big thanks to <~F.M.P~> who provided the logo!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hmm it is funny how your new system looks exactly like this. Now my impression is that you are using PSP DS and trying to sell it off as your own work (as you tried with other things before). I don't really want to be agressive here now, but if you are using the kit, at least be decent enough to give credits to the people who created it. And if you are using it, why would you use a French starter? Sorry if the case is otherwise and I just mindlessly bashed you.

Anyways...on to the topic. I think that most of us here would agree, that the resolution you presented now is much better. I think it looks cleaner, smoother and more usable. So I say go for that.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Luka SJ:

By saying "I've been working on" I simply meant been modifying. Since I wasn't sure if this new screensize was going to work, I didn't know if I should give credits to them just yet. (Although I knew I'd use the logo for sure, so I credited FMP) And I actually incorperated it into Pkmn Essentials, so no, it's technically not using a whole new kit. (But yes if I end up using the screensize then I'll credit them) But I do have to give you an FYI, this is not only a French starter kit, they have localizations including english, although I'm still using Pokemon Essentials.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yeah, that resolution looks better, especially if you're going to be using ripped DS graphics :)

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
@> Luka SJ:

By saying "I've been working on" I simply meant been modifying. Since I wasn't sure if this new screensize was going to work, I didn't know if I should give credits to them just yet. (Although I knew I'd use the logo for sure, so I credited FMP) And I actually incorperated it into Pkmn Essentials, so no, it's technically not using a whole new kit. (But yes if I end up using the screensize then I'll credit them) But I do have to give you an FYI, this is not only a French starter kit, they have localizations including english, although I'm still using Pokemon Essentials.

English...I didn't know that. Haha...I'd recommend using it then. I give all my hands up to Poccil and I really think his starter kit is awsome (since I'm using it), but I've also tried the French one, and I was amazed. All they have done. There is virtually no lag for anything. Transitions are smoother and it is perfectly executed. To say the least, I kinda prefer it over Essentials, so if there is an English version, go for it ;) Anyways, anything is good as long as you develop the game...right, and I'm sure the new resolution will make your life, as well as the players life better.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Luka S.J. :

Yeah, I actually picked up a bit of french through a translator (and memorized some words btw) but apparently PSP DS doesn't have the translator just yet...I've seen PSP Beta 0.7 have it though. You gotta admit though that getting PSP's scripts to work in Pokemon Essentials isn't exactly easy. I mean they have a very different structure for finding information about Pokemon data, item data, etc... Even the titlescreen needed some edits, and it's mostly just pictures.

Also as a note to others, who may find this screen size thing a bit confusing: I am still using my Dual Screen scripts, but the screen size may be set to a different size.

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Okay, so continuing with the thought of changing the screen size, I present the titlescreen/intro of Origin (Just pics for now, video later) :

Let's start with the intro: (Not much changed from Platinum, but it is fully working)

capture097.jpg
capture096.jpg
capture095.jpg

As you can see, I've made a snowstorm around "POKEMON" just like in Pt's intro :D The reason I am showing two of those picture is to show it's a fully working sequence and not just a single picture. The other is just copyrights and stuff, it occurs in all Pokemon games...

Even though the intro isn't that original, I've developed an (almost) completely original titlescreen. No other Pkmn game has it, but the graphics are Nintendo's minus the logo by FMP:

The basic idea here is that every 10 seconds the titlescreen shifts to a different Pokemon of either Regigigas, Giratina, Heatran, or Arceus (In that order). When you touch the screen (or for those of you who like buttons more than the mouse, the Enter button) it plays a cry according to the Pokemon on the screen. The reason why there's a "demo" included in the name, for those who are wondering, is because I'm showing "demo"nstrations to you; This game won't have an official demo for a while, if that.

capture098.jpg
capture099.jpg
capture100.jpg
capture101.jpg

Thank you all for reading and hopefully commenting,

CP

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
English...I didn't know that. Haha...I'd recommend using it then. I give all my hands up to Poccil and I really think his starter kit is awsome (since I'm using it), but I've also tried the French one, and I was amazed. All they have done. There is virtually no lag for anything. Transitions are smoother and it is perfectly executed. To say the least, I kinda prefer it over Essentials, so if there is an English version, go for it ;) Anyways, anything is good as long as you develop the game...right, and I'm sure the new resolution will make your life, as well as the players life better.

The SDK isn't fully translated I dont think... I would be using it over PE Actually I do plan to in the future... I do think u should remove the link you've posted b4 dont need people trying to jump on the PSP bandwagon too...

Years
Great looking screens Collosal, oh and yeah I agree with King. I would also use that instead of PE too if it was fully translated...alas it isn't, guess I'll just keep staring at the PSP DS folder in my RMXP Games folder while working on my game....lol

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Great looking screens Collosal, oh and yeah I agree with King. I would also use that instead of PE too if it was fully translated...alas it isn't, guess I'll just keep staring at the PSP DS folder in my RMXP Games folder while working on my game....lol

Lol I do the same thing like looking at it is gonna translate it lmao... I like the new screens too but do hope they aren't just image edits...

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
To everyone who is reading:

Sorry for the lack of updates, I am working on something that's so incredible you'll never believe it, in fact, I can't even tell you guys how awesome it is. It's development has gotten really really far as of now so I'm planning on finishing it early next month. I'll only mention it's got features even Nintendo hasn't done yet (and some that Nintendo has done) I won't reveal it's screenshots though but here's a hint:

CDS%20Logo.png

The main reason I'm not releasing any more information at the moment is because I'd get a ratio of 10 disbelievers:1 believer about this new system if I don't have it on video but it WILL catch every reader's attention for SURE. No one on PokeCommunity has done this system I'm making...that's how original it will be. However, I still would like to document my progress to you all :D

Audio - 100% Done (Complete)
Graphics - Approx. 80% Done
Systems - Approx. 64% Done
Plans - 100% Done (Complete)

Years
I can't wait to see what this new system will be :D
I'm thinking as you hinted somewhere else, sort of 3D graphics?
You hinted on being like Black/White, so i cant wait to see :D

Edit: Just looked through the thread, and i gotta say, i'm really impressed in the direction this game is going, you've scripted like a new system a day for about a week?
That insane, i don't understand why more people aren't supporting this game, i for one am :D

Last edited:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
@> Crazyninjaguy:

Meh -_- Maybe two systems a day for approximately a week. I didn't show some of the systems because they're veryy minor and you probably would only notice something if:

A) They were not there
or B) I wrote about the features

But since you asked one of these "perks" is automatically adjusting the game window to the center of the screen (since it's been resized from Poccil's game window's screensize, I made adjustments so it'll go to the center correctly) and some little other things.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Small update on the new system:

Progress has been booming, now I really believe I'll be able to get a good beta for a video tomorrow midday, possibly in a couple hours tonight. It's really alluring as is, but I'll release some news on the CDS tonight at the very minimal. I personally think I'm going to outdo myself on this, and it's only taken a tiny bit more than a week. (About 9 days) I will try to make the video high quality if I can so you guys can see it better than the previous videos too.

~ CP

Last edited:

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Sorry it's so late >.< but I'm like 96% done with the new system in it's entirety so I'm pretty sure I'll get the video by tomorrow. But for now I'll give a small snippet of information in a spoiler box: (Beware: A spoiler may run at you if you go a patch of grass xD)

Spoiler:

Thank you for reading,

CP

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
You mean the DS firmware, right?

Anyway, to be perfectly honest, it sounds a bit pointless, which is why nobody's done it before. Is there anything in it that's actually useful?

And there I was, expecting something awesome...

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
This DS seems very interesting!
I haven't researched the BIOS before, so I'm still in the dark on what it contains.
However, a remake of it seems an odd, but surprisingly good idea :D
Can't wait to see it!

~Frozen~

Back