• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showering

How Long Do You [Typically] Shower For?

• < 9min

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • 10min

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • 15min

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • 20min

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • 25min+

Votes: 16 21.3%

• Total voters

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
My showers take at least fifteen minutes because I have a hair and face routine in there that takes that long. I'm quicker on the nights I don't wash my hair, but the face part takes up most of the time because generally I can leave conditioner in my hair while I do my face for time economy.

I think all women can attest to washing out conditioner last for "time economy" lol :P

Bartolomeo

Youtube = Crap
Years
30 minutes. On days I feel especially lazy and just do nothing but enjoy the cool water. But it's generally more like 15 minutes. And yes, I do get nagged quite a bit. Parents, ugh.

Nakala Pri

I avoid showers at all times. I like having my stench having an affect on people. ^ ^ But when I do shower, I get out as soon as I can. xD

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Less than 5 minutes. I'm curious as to why some people take longer than 10 minutes in the shower.~_~ Maybe it's because I have shorter hair than most other people? Maybe it's because I'm so quick at washing myself?

Belldandy

Years
I mean, I doubt you'd want to walk around with some still in your hair, would ya?

Then again, I know a few people who do that.

My sister4 does that lol

I always feel like Veronica Lodge whenever soap or conditioner is left in my hair. I can't find the comic strip itself, but Veronica asks Jughead to go and get expensive shampoo, but he comes back with generic stuff. She gets angry, throws Jughead out and uses that shampoo instead. Everything's good: she goes with Archie to the dance and they have a great time; however, when they leave, it starts to rain and her generic shampoo causes her hair to overflow with soap bubbles lol!

I always thoroughly rinse to avoid a similar scenario :v

Years
My usual shower times are around 15 minutes in the morning, I mainly have it that long so I can get clean everywhere due to the fact I work most of the week. But oh god that warm water is so beautiful in the winter, it's freezing over where I am right now.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I take forever D:
Especially if I have to shave, I could be in there for 30+ min. My dad gets so mad at me, lol.

Belldandy

Years
I take forever D:
Especially if I have to shave, I could be in there for 30+ min. My dad gets so mad at me, lol.

My dad does, too lol Thus the reason for this topic XD

I was in there for 30min the other day doin' stuff (I forgot to do my stuff in order, so it took longer z.z was waaayyyy too sleepy teehee) and he was like, "The city just called. They wanted to know why the city's water reserve was drained; I told them they should talk to you."

And, of course, the classic, "Leave some for the fishies!"

I finally told him about this topic on Friday and told him some results. He thinks people are nuts. He then asked his own father what he thought, and now he declares a new poll and that for people living in reality, the max time should be <10min.

>_> so for the rest of us in lala-land, we have been estranged.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I finally told him about this topic on Friday and told him some results. He thinks people are nuts. He then asked his own father what he thought, and now he declares a new poll and that for people living in reality, the max time should be <10min.

>_> so for the rest of us in lala-land, we have been estranged.

The only thing that I can say to him is this: If you only need a 10 min. or less shower, you either:

1. Aren't working hard enough.
2. Have no body hair to speak of

Or...

3. You like having an odor of a damn skunk on you at all times.

Really, any sensible person would like to be as clean as possible come the next day, especially if that person has a long, hard day ahead of them.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Usually it's about three to five minutes. My mom wakes me up at five in the morning and we have to bathe, dress, eat and walk to school before 6:30. We're also kind of saving up money to buy a dog so.

Clemps

I'm stuck in the bath
Years
Showers are a fantastic stress reliever, so if I'm having a particularly bad day, I'll spend a good 20 minutes under the running water.

If it's just a quick wash, I can be under 10 minutes. Sometimes I just like relaxing in it though.

~SHOWER CHATS~

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
It takes me about 5-10 minutes to shower. I don't really go past 10 unless It's really hot and I just feel like being in the water.

Arron13

Calm, Relaxed, but Competative
Years
my average is probably around 5 min. Sometimes I take long showers, but my long showers are still barley 10 min. my quickest is when I had school at 8:10 and woke up at 7:54. Took like a 30 sec shower, was able to eat breakfast and still got to school on time. Beast mode was activated

Years
I go in my shower... and man, does the water feel WARM...
It takes me... about a freaking HOUR to shower, and I am so damn NOT kidding...
I spend most of the time just doing nothing, too.
The showers I take... are like a black hole, BRO.

Belldandy

Years
lol >_> I just broke a personal record. Went swimming at the beach and came back and showered for 5min! Just a rinseoff but I did use shampoo to get rid of beachy stuff.

On hot days like this (that tip 38C with humidex), a nice cold shower after a swim is nice :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I rarely take more than three minutes to shower, but I make the most of that time. Boot camp did that to me.

I shave after I get out of the shower, though, and it sounds like most people here shave inside. I'd rather not have to clean hair out of the shower, personally.

Back