• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I just feel like by forcing this ship, they're not giving Serena enough solo character time. She's currently entirely defined by her attitude towards Ash and that's just not fun.

Honestly , I believe writer just doing the same thing any Kids Anime like Pokemon does !
In Anime like Pokemon , The hero has 2 friend that support him ! A girl that love's him and a Boy that admires him.
Pokemon doing that same accept in those anime The Heroin act like the protagonist's mother !!!
She act sassy toward him and tries to straighten him up But Serena act nice & sweet toward ash .
I think People just want to see this ''Look'' again-
rnlEaKy.png
DP15.jpg

This is Where Serena looked the prettiest !!! This is the expression I think people want to see .
You know , Broke act shy when he fall for a girl first time in the series and even chock Misty when she tease him about her but then he start openly chess after women .
If Broke could change like that Then Why Serena can't become Sassy again ????
As for her goal , May be she just wants to be a Pokemon explorer who's job is to explore new land & Pokemon !!!
There no rule that she HAS TO HAVE Battle related goal .
If You see any other anime like Pokemon Then you will see that those anime's Heroin doesn't have any goal . Like Tea from Yu-gi-oh !!!
Misty didn't had a stable goal in Kento series but people still liked her !!!

Marsoc

Something something darkside
Years
In general arnt you guys happy that Pokemon is doing romances now? I just hope that they actually do something with it. Maybe the have finally realized that at this point in time a large portion of their demographic is adults who where children who grew up watching this show. Either way I think this relation ship between Ash and Serena is really cute. Also it seems like ash is older now because his still hasnt said how old he is like he does at the start of most seasons. What do you guys think?

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
Years
In general arnt you guys happy that Pokemon is doing romances now? I just hope that they actually do something with it. Maybe the have finally realized that at this point in time a large portion of their demographic is adults who where children who grew up watching this show. Either way I think this relation ship between Ash and Serena is really cute. Also it seems like ash is older now because his still hasnt said how old he is like he does at the start of most seasons. What do you guys think?
The problem isn't the addition of romance, per se. The problem is that Serena isn't really thinking in a rational manner. Her single mindedness towards Satoshi is derailing her character development, and if this isn't rectified soon, we will have a canonical Relationship Sue on our hands.

That might as well be murder.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I think I know some idea to make Amourshipping more exciting-

-Goal<Role , So Writer must decide what Role Serena suppose to play and force their attention on that .

-Serena should reveal to be the winner of the last year Beauty Pageants when Ash was traveling to Unova.

- Serena should be actually very popular for that among Boys and she even has her own ''Fan-club'' made of Boys . Her Fan-club refer Serena as ''Serena-sama'' . They worship Serena while cursing Ash as their mortal enemy .

-The Fan-club often fantasize about Ash being a ''Demon king'' with Clemont & Bonnie as minion who has imprison Their Princess ''Serena''. Team Rocket use this for their plan.

-Serena revealed that she was timid and shy girl at past So she used to get bullied by a girl & her gang. That why her mother send her to summer camp where she met Ash who gave her the courage to stand up for herself .

-She defected the girl who bullied her during the Beauty Pageants . However That girl still hole a grudge over serena and appear again as her rival .

-Serena was uninterested in competing with that rival until off course Ash praise that girl for never giving up and told her ''I like people who never gives up'' !!!

-Serena angrily throw the magazine she was reading on rivals face and then she make a scary face and tell her ''Bring everything you got because I will crush you like an ant'' .

-That rival realize Serena's crush on Ash So she tries to seduce Ash to get back at Serena ! But Her plan backfires and she ended up falling for Ash instate .

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Nahhh, more DiodeShipping. Hecka less one-sided than Amour, js ;3

but i mean if you want some amour...

Honestly if You ask for my own opinion then I really don't support Yaoi !!!
But thats my opinion .
As for Clemont , I think a Hex Maniac would be good match for him .
Just think , ''Believer of Science Clemont'' and ''Believer of occult Hex maniac'' clashing against each other in a bitter argument to prove each other point .
She odesn't need to be ugly ! She could be one of those girl who looks insane but revert to cute girl when they have normal expression .
like Kuroki Tomoko from Watamote !!!

This thread definitely needs more Amourshipping. Just saiyan.

No , We need more rival shipping !!!
We need a female rival who's complete opposite of Ash as a heroin .

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
You seem to be having trouble with links tbh. Might want to start checking them before posting. :x

So, so, guys! This is a good place to ask! What are some good shippy episodes (any ship) from before XY?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
The main problem with Amourshipping is that Serena's too sweet , Normal and she's a nobody !
The only thing she has it that she's cute but there no point of her being cute if nobody in Anime acknowledge that she's cute .
Like how Giselle was acknowledge as a very beautiful girl by both Ash & Brock .
Truth to be told , I WISH THE ANIME HAS ANOTHER ''GISELLE'' AS A REFERRING RIVAL INSTATE OF ANOTHER GIGAR-MAN !!1
Honestly , It would be cool if Ash met a proud female rival with androphobia who's so beautiful that all the Boys fawn over her accept Ash .
Ash manage to earn her friend after a lot hardship even though she still act like a Jerk due to her shyness .
I think we already seen enough people with Pokephobia So a character with real phobia would be something new .
Serena's fine but her personality & relationship with Ash is too Normal . Serena is like a Shoujo heroin who crushing on a guy But Pokemon is not a Shoujo .
Pokemon may be a Kids Shouene but not Shoujo.
Plus , Shoujo heroin like Serena usually get over her crush and fall a guy tease her and bring out her Sassy Side.
Off course , it would cool if Serena's sweet attitude reveal to be an act in a sudden episode when in reality she's actually really hot-temper & Sassy girl like ''Y'' (Adventure) but decided to act sweet because Ash might not like her real personality.

Last edited:
Years
Episode 22 is named "A race back to childhood". Sounds promising.

Famon said:
The main problem with Amourshipping is that Serena's too sweet , Normal and she's a nobody !
The only thing she has it that she's cute but there no point of her being cute if nobody in Anime acknowledge that she's cute .
Like how Giselle was acknowledge as a very beautiful girl by both Ash & Brock .
Truth to be told , I WISH THE ANIME HAS ANOTHER ''GISELLE'' AS A REFERRING RIVAL INSTATE OF ANOTHER GIGAR-MAN !!1
Honestly , It would be cool if Ash met a proud female rival with androphobia who's so beautiful that all the Boys fawn over her accept Ash .
Ash manage to earn her friend after a lot hardship even though she still act like a Jerk due to her shyness .
I think we already seen enough people with Pokephobia So a character with real phobia would be something new .
Serena's fine but her personality & relationship with Ash is too Normal . Serena is like a Shoujo heroin who crushing on a guy But Pokemon is not a Shoujo .
Pokemon may be a Kids Shouene but not Shoujo.
Plus , Shoujo heroin like Serena usually get over her crush and fall a guy tease her and bring out her Sassy Side.
Off course , it would cool if Serena's sweet attitude reveal to be an act in a sudden episode when in reality she's actually really hot-temper & Sassy girl like ''Y'' (Adventure) but decided to act sweet because Ash might not like her real personality.

I'd rather not see amother Misty or *shudders* Iris clone.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I honestly think Ash would go best with someone who a) respects him and his abilities/accomplishments and b) is not afraid to call him out when he's being a moron/doing something against their views but c) does not constantly put him down or act as if they are better than he is.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
I honestly think Ash would go best with someone who a) respects him and his abilities/accomplishments and b) is not afraid to call him out when he's being a moron/doing something against their views but c) does not constantly put him down or act as if they are better than he is.

Heh, so is that your way of saying that May and Bonnie would be the best for Ash? Moreso than Misty, and Iris? Or Even Serena, since she so far, has done nothing but crush on him? XD

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Nahh, that's just the kind of relationship I'd like him to have. Misty would work, especially since she mellowed out in Johto. I can't do AdvanceShipping because Contest is around. Bonnie's a little sister. Iris would be good if she stopped. Bashing. Him. I like their relationship beyond her constant verbal abuse and lack of actual development. I mean I could go with Pearl if they weren't almost constantly sickeningly happy BFFs. And I don't care about Amour at all because they don't really have a solid friendship yet. But really I don't have any serious Ash ship. Diode is the cutest mutual adoration ship ever and CaféMocha is a one-sided crush on Cilan's part and those are my OTPs but. Yeah. It's nothing I'd get into a ship war over. except for the time i did but let's ignore that

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
So I only posted in this thread once, and while I don't really ship anybody in the Pokemon anime, I just had to chime in because Anna mentioned AG, and I'm really digging ContestShipping -- funny how I didn't even had to google those names even though I'm a newbie when it comes to this stuff, hehe. Thing is, I'm kinda marathoning AG right now, and I'm already liking Drew a lot and I'm really into the exchanges him and May have. I'm trying to steer away from spoilers, but I've heard that there are some strong canon hints too. It actually wouldn't surprise me, seeing how the series seems lot more open to romance than in the previous seasons, and May and Drew don't look clueless about it either.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
This is what will make amourshipping interesting -
Serena's current personality is an act ! She acting as a nice kind gentle girly girl to get close to Ash ! Her personality from the 1st episode was her real personality and she's actually a hot-temper Tom-boyish Sassy girl with Dominatrix personality . Her true personality finally reveal when Shauna appeared . However When Ash said he doesn't mind the real her , Serena start to show her true personality .
She also reveal that she never was excited about Clemont's invention , Instate she always doubted it.
She start bickering with Clemont & all other character expect Bonnie.
She will also be capable of physically abusing other like Misty & Jessie which make Bonnie admire her .
She will often hit Shauna & James.
Like Shinka Nibutani (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai!)

176679.jpg

Just like I said , Serena's too normal ! Pokemon is an Anime So People need her to be more then Normal .

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
This is what will make amourshipping interesting -
Serena's current personality is an act ! She acting as a nice kind gentle girly girl to get close to Ash ! Her personality from the 1st episode was her real personality and she's actually a hot-temper Tom-boyish Sassy girl with Dominatrix personality . Her true personality finally reveal when Shauna appeared . However When Ash said he doesn't mind the real her , Serena start to show her true personality .
She also reveal that she never was excited about Clemont's invention , Instate she always doubted it.
She start bickering with Clemont & all other character expect Bonnie.
She will also be capable of physically abusing other like Misty & Jessie which make Bonnie admire her .
She will often hit Shauna & James.
Like Shinka Nibutani (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai!)

176679.jpg

Just like I said , Serena's too normal ! Pokemon is an Anime So People need her to be more then Normal .
Cool, that's about 20th character Serena should transform into...
It really looks like you just randomly choose character from random anime you see and immediately want Serena to be like that one...
At least choose only one, man...

Oh and by the way... Shinka wouldn't be Shinka without Deko. So unless Eureka transformed into Deko, Serenka wouldn't have the same personality as Shinka.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'm more interest in hypothetical Ash X Korrina now .
People didn't bother with Premare and Korrina seem to be same-height as Misty .

Ash , Serena or Clemont battle some princess in XY018 !
I actually want to see the princess developing feeling for Ash and start her own Pokemon Journey to meet him while developing a rivalry with Serena .
I also love to see them fight like Iris & Gerogia But willing to work together if a third girl appear .
Cool, that's about 20th character Serena should transform into...
It really looks like you just randomly choose character from random anime you see and immediately want Serena to be like that one...
At least choose only one, man...

Oh and by the way... Shinka wouldn't be Shinka without Deko. So unless Eureka transformed into Deko, Serenka wouldn't have the same personality as Shinka.

I simply just think of the most natural way to bring back Serena's Sassy side now that she turn into gentle boring girly type .
Nibutani simple a character who background is close to what I want .
A girl who appear to be really sweet until her real personality emerge.
Plus , This way is more is easier for me to explain .
Example : Rival .
I find Friendly rival boring but jerkish rival hardly has any relationship with the cast .
I want a rival who's not a jerk but sarcastically taunt Ash all the time .
But again , Berry & Morrison taunt Ash but I'm not talking about them . So how can I explain it ? I cant explain it in Bangle so forget about English .
So I simply do this-http://shokugekinosoma.wikia.com/wiki/Hayama_Akira
Considering Your knowledge in Anime & manga, You probably know this manga and this character .
So , now You realize what the difference between rival I want & Berry.
I'm just using them as reference
Plus , Too much ''Love'' make the group Chemistry Boring .
The show really need a Punchline character for Humor ! Kento series had Misty , Sgt frog has Natsumi , Shugo chara has Amu , Yakitate Japan has Kyousuke , Pokemon DPA has Mitsumi .
Ether Serena Or Clemont has to play the role unless Writer create a talking lucario to play the punchline character .
FYI : Iris sucks because her only Punchline ''Your such a Kid'' !

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I'm more interest in hypothetical Ash X Korrina now .
People didn't bother with Premare and Korrina seem to be same-height as Misty .

Ash , Serena or Clemont battle some princess in XY018 !
I actually want to see the princess developing feeling for Ash and start her own Pokemon Journey to meet him while developing a rivalry with Serena .
I also love to see them fight like Iris & Gerogia But willing to work together if a third girl appear .

I simply just think of the most natural way to bring back Serena's Sassy side now that she turn into gentle boring girly type .
Nibutani simple a character who background is close to what I want .
A girl who appear to be really sweet until her real personality emerge.
Plus , This way is more is easier for me to explain .
Example : Rival .
I find Friendly rival boring but jerkish rival hardly has any relationship with the cast .
I want a rival who's not a jerk but sarcastically taunt Ash all the time .
But again , Berry & Morrison taunt Ash but I'm not talking about them . So how can I explain it ? I cant explain it in Bangle so forget about English .
So I simply do this-http://shokugekinosoma.wikia.com/wiki/Hayama_Akira
Considering Your knowledge in Anime & manga, You probably know this manga and this character .
So , now You realize what the difference between rival I want & Berry.
I'm just using them as reference
Plus , Too much ''Love'' make the group Chemistry Boring .
The show really need a Punchline character for Humor ! Kento series had Misty , Sgt frog has Natsumi , Shugo chara has Amu , Yakitate Japan has Kyousuke , Pokemon DPA has Mitsumi .
Ether Serena Or Clemont has to play the role unless Writer create a talking lucario to play the punchline character .
FYI : Iris sucks because her only Punchline ''Your such a Kid'' !
The point still stays, though =)
I understand your points but you also need to consider the supportive characters from anime you mention.
Unless it's a series about dominant protagonist who is the only main character of it, you always need to consider the other main chars as they also shape the protagonist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back