• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheshireCam

The Cheshire Camothy
Years
I did search for the question before I posted, I apologise if my search wasn't specific enough...
I'm new to the hack making process, but I've been making a lot of headway in the last few days. I've created a number of new maps for a project, but I've run into the problem of events. I can write the script to change events, and do all sorts of fun things, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to create a new event out of thin air.
I'm using HackMew's scripter for this project, and AdvanceMap 1.92 for the areas. I thank you in advance for your advice!

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
I did search for the question before I posted, I apologise if my search wasn't specific enough...
I'm new to the hack making process, but I've been making a lot of headway in the last few days. I've created a number of new maps for a project, but I've run into the problem of events. I can write the script to change events, and do all sorts of fun things, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to create a new event out of thin air.
I'm using HackMew's scripter for this project, and AdvanceMap 1.92 for the areas. I thank you in advance for your advice!

So it looks like you want to make a new event in advance map right?
Well thats pretty easy. I'll tell you how to do it.
250kmjp.png

You see that right? Now just simply click on events button
to get this:

2qd4bjn.png

And now find this:
562y1.png

now just click on the arrows or write a number in boxes to get events, peoples, signs and so :)

Hope that helps!.

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
Years
Hmm for the 1st question - there is a tool call intro-editor to change the pokemon and for the 2nd question... I think it is the same way as editing the textbox, nt really sure though.

Intro Editer, eh? I have it. I don't think I've ever used it though. Thanks! ^v^
Wait...just tried loading my Rom with it. I HAVE tried it before, but it won't load a single Rom at all. Not Ruby, not Emerald, and not FR or LG.

Edit the text or the actual Pikachu and stuff?

The text. And A-Text doesn't have the option for editing that bit. But I probably will change the Pikachu, too.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Tried 0x112 the first time already, ain't workin...

Am I missing something....?

This is the original script, decompiled from Emerald:

Spoiler:

As you can see, flag 0x112 is set there.
If after setting the flag you can't still use the Running Shoes, then AM screwed up something, I suppose.

have you ever tried looking at thethethethe's tutorial entitled "thethethethe's Scripting Tutorial" in the Documents and Tutorials section?

Sadly it won't explaing anything about Running Shoes and how to enable them in the different games.

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
Years
Does anyone know of a move editor to edit the moves in a Pokemon GBA ROM?

I want to edit the moves themselves, so, for example, I could make growl do 30 damage and have 30 PP.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Does anyone know of a move editor to edit the moves in a Pokemon GBA ROM?

I want to edit the moves themselves, so, for example, I could make growl do 30 damage and have 30 PP.

You can use A-Tack, you can edit the attacks' names, damage and PP.

Years
As you can see, flag 0x112 is set there.
If after setting the flag you can't still use the Running Shoes, then AM screwed up something, I suppose.
I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, but why is it AM's fault if it doesn't work? You've given the wrong flag. 0x8C0 activates the Running shoes in Emerald.

Sadly it won't explaing anything about Running Shoes and how to enable them in the different games.
You're right, that's a flag I'm missing.

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
Years
...Ok, so I got A-Tack, and it worked for most of what I needed. But is there a way in A-Tack or another editing program to edit whether the attack type is physical or special? Also, I would like a way to create attacks from scratch, where A-Tack will only let me replace the existing ones. I know that's asking for a lot, but I'm trying to put Lucario into Fire Red and need to create some special fighting moves for that purpose.

Years
...Ok, so I got A-Tack, and it worked for most of what I needed. But is there a way in A-Tack or another editing program to edit whether the attack type is physical or special? Also, I would like a way to create attacks from scratch, where A-Tack will only let me replace the existing ones. I know that's asking for a lot, but I'm trying to put Lucario into Fire Red and need to create some special fighting moves for that purpose.
Physical and Special was first used in the DP games and therefore doesn't appear in the GBA games. It just falls under different types.
If you want to create attacks from scratch, you won't be able to use a hacker programmed tool. You'll need to learn how to use your hex editor, and repoint the data to free space to be able to add to the end of it.

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
Years
Physical and Special was first used in the DP games and therefore doesn't appear in the GBA games. It just falls under different types.
If you want to create attacks from scratch, you won't be able to use a hacker programmed tool. You'll need to learn how to use your hex editor, and repoint the data to free space to be able to add to the end of it.

Ack. So I guess a Fighting-type special move can't exist in FR. That sucks. Thanks for the info.

Years
When I use A-Text on my hack, and edit the text for example of Prof. Oak.. And then test it in the VBA, the text works perfect.
But, when I go back to A-Text, all the text that've entered is gone.. And when I try to re-type those lines that i've previously entered, an error screen pops up..

So, I tried to use A-Text on Ruby, and then I see that it doesn't load more than Route 101..

Some help? =S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back