• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Your game has an unique look Im not too fond of the battle screens and the trees well there different ... i do like the grass...

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2018
*Sudden defensiveness!

...rereads post...*

Okay, I'm ready. xD Actually, there are explanations for everything you're complaining about, as it happens.
I apologize if I seemed harsh; I'm just horribly blunt.
On the sprites: Gararewl has been corrected... I think? Whatever the case, it isn't one of my better sprites; I'll take a look at it though and see if it can't be improved. And Fartog is one of Zorin's earlier ones, too, and besides it's easily fixed. Owten has been revamped since. Chyinmunk was made by a different spriter (PichuK) so the style is slightly different from the rest of them; I'll consider revamping it. Eletux line has also been re-done since the versions you see in the thread, iirc (by the highly talented -Smash, to boot).
Ah, good; I think that'll REALLY up the popularity of the game. Fakemon, if a fangame has them, are probably the most important aspect (in a tie with the storyline), and if they don't look good, then people might not take the game very seriously.
And I like Eletux's design D: Lanturn is one of the coolest and least-well-known Pokemon out there; you can say the Eletux line is closely related to the Chinchou line if you like. (actually, that's a good idea. I'll edit that into their dex entry.)
Actually, that IS a good idea. And I agree - poor Lanturn doesn't get quite enough love...
But argh argh Sprites before art! Sprites before art! Spritesbeforeart spritesbeforeAAAARGH!! This is pretty much my berserk button; people that believe that games need to have official art of the fakemon before they're sprited; it STAGNATES game progress and people get NOTHING done and AAAAARGH. So, no, there is no official Sugimori art of the starters (unless you count some larger pixel arts of them). And there won't be, probably. But I do plan my designs in advance-- I draw them out on paper beforehand. Heck, you'll be able to read about my fakemon-designing process in my article for GDW, if you are so inclined.
Easy, now. I meant more drawing them out in general first. But some people DO do better with the spriting first; don't think that I said it wasn't possible.

You might want to reconsider not having official art at all, however; that is a major part of the Fakemon aspect.
Some of the names are from the early days of the project, which is why they seem amateur; however, we've rather grown attached to them. :< (also, they are sometimes derived from portuguese words, which might be why they sound foreign.)
Ah. Fair enough.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Quite the project but after I test the demo!
I hope someday to have a project such as yours!
Thnaks =].

Your game has an unique look Im not too fond of the battle screens and the trees well there different ... i do like the grass...
what you don't like on them o_o?

I apologize if I seemed harsh; I'm just horribly blunt.

Ah, good; I think that'll REALLY up the popularity of the game. Fakemon, if a fangame has them, are probably the most important aspect (in a tie with the storyline), and if they don't look good, then people might not take the game very seriously.

Actually, that IS a good idea. And I agree - poor Lanturn doesn't get quite enough love...

Easy, now. I meant more drawing them out in general first. But some people DO do better with the spriting first; don't think that I said it wasn't possible.

You might want to reconsider not having official art at all, however; that is a major part of the Fakemon aspect.

Ah. Fair enough.

We obviously have concepts of them before start spriting, we don't just design them on our head while coloring pixel by pixel. I never said we won't have any official art ever. It just has a low prioritie and it will only happen if someone else makes it for us. Zeph is already overloaded with work xD.

this seems like an incredable game i need to play this.

Thanks you too.

bilkev

The Pokemon™ B/D creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
The demo is great and the sprites so much mystery ^ ^.
I am amazed and I still have not finished the demo!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Well, I didn't have tiem to work on Uranium this week because I was travelling, and now I'm all burnt =/ (by the sun). Here is one new screen anyways ^^.

20p6b6u.png

So as you see, thats the second gym, but now with Kyle's cave tiles =p, by the way, all odd looking caves were revamped, so they are compatible with the overall quality of the maps.

Zorin

Pixies Dance
Years
The screens look great JV, I like the new tiles.

I'm sorry I haven't really been active but my life's been a mess last months (school etc.) so I haven't had much time to sprite. My fakedex is almost complete (95%), after that, I'll start working on revamping some of my older sprites such as Fartog. I might start working on backsprites too, but it'll probably take a lot of time. (:

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
The screens look great JV, I like the new tiles.

I'm sorry I haven't really been active but my life's been a mess last months (school etc.) so I haven't had much time to sprite. My fakedex is almost complete (95%), after that, I'll start working on revamping some of my older sprites such as Fartog. I might start working on backsprites too, but it'll probably take a lot of time. (:

Thanks, Zorin! I've actually made backsprites for a lot of your fakes already, so you might want to check which ones have been completed if you do want to start on those.

Years
I've got a problem. You see, i downloaded the game, extracted it onto my desktop, opened it, and clicked twice on the yellowblack icon with name "GAME". I've done it several times and nothing happens after i clicked.....no game

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I've got a problem. You see, i downloaded the game, extracted it onto my desktop, opened it, and clicked twice on the yellowblack icon with name "GAME". I've done it several times and nothing happens after i clicked.....no game

Hmm I don't really know why that, most people don't have problems. Try to run the game.exe as a administrator or in compability mode with Windows XP. Sorry, I really have no idea why that.

Years
I never post around the game showcase these days.
I'm really impressed by the progress you made.
Alot of changes since the last time, hope you finish this! :)

Cros~

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I never post around the game showcase these days.
I'm really impressed by the progress you made.
Alot of changes since the last time, hope you finish this! :)

Cros~

Thanks, and yeah the game has changed A LOT since I started it.

~first i love this game and i cant wait for the full thing to come out!!~

but how far does the demo go??

The demo lasts two hours and a half, and it goes till some events after the second gym.

DaVici

DeEmpo
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 29, 2021
I would love to see some more fakemon

by the way, the game gets better and better! keep up the fantastic work!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
10h3ojo.png

Well, as you can see, that is a cleaner, better banner, also, there is some new fakemon on it as well =]. Below is the first video showcasing the new graphics, I hope you like it ^^.

Jayje

The First Maker
Years
pretty nice so far guy. my only gripes are that sound you hear when your exp bar goes up and the one trainers sprite was wrong(he looks like a guy and the sprite was a gal, but i'm sure ya just made a mistake). all in all a nice revamp

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
It was a bit difficult to distinguish the HP and EXP bar from the panel, as everything's practically the same colour. Also, the grass tile looks more like a cabbage, and the big trees have immensely huge leaves on them. I also noticed one or two mapping errors, such as the inverse cliff corners (e.g. a few tiles below the Lab on the left).

Have you changed the layout of the Pokémon summary screens at all? It looks like all you've done is change the background pictures for them. I'm not saying that's bad; I just find it interesting. It's a nice design. At the tops, though, should all three lights be on when you're looking at the moves?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
pretty nice so far guy. my only gripes are that sound you hear when your exp bar goes up and the one trainers sprite was wrong(he looks like a guy and the sprite was a gal, but i'm sure ya just made a mistake). all in all a nice revamp

That overworld is clearly of a gal, no guy has pink hair and a pony tail o_o.

It was a bit difficult to distinguish the HP and EXP bar from the panel, as everything's practically the same colour. Also, the grass tile looks more like a cabbage, and the big trees have immensely huge leaves on them. I also noticed one or two mapping errors, such as the inverse cliff corners (e.g. a few tiles below the Lab on the left).

Have you changed the layout of the Pokémon summary screens at all? It looks like all you've done is change the background pictures for them. I'm not saying that's bad; I just find it interesting. It's a nice design. At the tops, though, should all three lights be on when you're looking at the moves?

You mean the battle box? I'm considering on change it's color back to the standard blue. Well, about the grass tile, we are having a hard work to find/make any to replace it... really. Well, where I live, various trees have leaves of that size o_o. I didn't spot those map errors yet =/.

Well, I didn't bother changing the .x and .y values of those as I did with the other scripts. Yeah, the lights are supposed to be like that ^^, but I can change if people start finding that weird.

Thanks for the critics, and keep them coming =p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back