• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
Years
  • Age 31
  • U.S.
  • Seen May 3, 2010
mmk.. i kind of trie remaking him with the cape.. it still looks horrible, so any tips?
trainer4-1.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
mmk.. i kind of trie remaking him with the cape.. it still looks horrible, so any tips?
trainer4-1.png

yeah, personal veiw is make the shading flow more that it did previously, beacuse the cape is flapping, think where the second highest point comes up after the main one, and add a small highlight there too.
maybe, faling that add an area of shade where it dips in the wind.id show you, but i think youll get more satisfaction working it out and doing it yourself. :3 keep it up!

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Ok, did what Kaku said to do, and I must say, this looks as good as I can possibly make it at the moment.
Rockon-1.png

I may go and try a scratch pokemon sprite....if I can find an idea.

dreemxweever

Years
  • Age 31
  • U.S.
  • Seen May 3, 2010
not so sure it looks any better, i just cant get the shading down

trainer4-2.png

Tyler-Chan please dont work on others sprites without their consent, i'm trying to get this down by myself, you can give me criticism and pointers, not do it for me. then there would be no point in working on it, would there?

EDIT: *sigh* here we go again, i actually think this one looks better than the rest, i tried the shading you were talking about aviator

trainer4-3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
Is it just me, or does your sprite have some white pixels around it? It is sorta bothering me.
But your sprite looks better, you got the fold shading down, very nice.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2010
*sigh* here we go again, i actually think this one looks better than the rest, i tried the shading you were talking about aviator

trainer4-3.png

heehee.. Aviator.. no-ones called me aviator before-^_^ heheheh<3
AHEM.. annnyway.....
lol, much better, huge improvement, 'waii!!!!
but, if ya look, youve got that patch of grey between the two areas of shading.
see where the line goes down? on the underside of the bottom of the cape? thats the dip, so there would be a shadow cast from the tippty bit up top down into that, so my advice to you, is either, tone on some highlights VERY VERY gently. or carry the shadow out a teeny weeny bit more, with some dither.
but not too much,
fantastic job, its awesome to watch your improvements!!!
think about it, now that youve got this down, youll be able to shade folds like this all the time! awesome job!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
dreemxweaver: Next time, please remember that you can not double post here - the edit button is there for a reason.

And on a similar note, I must say that you've been improving a fair bit each time you've posted. Keep it up.

Samson: I've been meaning to ask you how you draw your designs. Do you use MSPaint or Photoshop, or do you scan sketches onto your PC and work from there? Or do you even use a tablet?

dreemxweever

Years
  • Age 31
  • U.S.
  • Seen May 3, 2010
Thanks a lot aviator :P, yeah, ill work on the teeny details you mentioned. ill have it probably later today (today for me at least, its 4:30, idk what time it is by you).

Amachi- woah, i double posted? i didnt even realize that, either way i apologize. it couldve been the gosh darn slowness of my computer, but still, sorry about that. And thanks for the comment.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
Samson: I've been meaning to ask you how you draw your designs. Do you use MSPaint or Photoshop, or do you scan sketches onto your PC and work from there? Or do you even use a tablet?

umm i just draw them on paper, and sprite them with the Pencil tool on Photoshop.

and cool, i'll go look for some in my notebooks (lectures can get sorta boring XD) and scan em.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
Years
Okay, first things first. It's just (or looks like) Two mcircles drawn by the elipse tool in Paint/ It has bad shading, if any at all, and the anatomy is odd, as well as the arms aren't connected to the body, there is a line between the body and the arm.
Nice try though :)

AJUST

/Kusagaki. The Grass Kid./
Years
Hey guys, thanks for the comments on the yugi sprites. (not much of a fan of yugi-oh either.)

Here're Spongebob and Patrick.

spongebobpatrickxdye8.png

Oh, about theose blackness issues, I rly dislike the grey-ness of the black used in the poke-games, so I try to give my sprites a bit mor contrast, also, I develop my sprites on a medium-lightness green background*, to ensure that I dont make them too light or dark, since black edges on white backgrounds can make it look kinda biased-ly black.
>I think more people should do this!
*The bgs in pokemon maps arent pure-white, or that light, they're kinda semi-toned.

强有力

Powerful
Years
Ajust and Jake may i use some of your overworlds in a comic please. I wanted to ask first so if i used them it wouldnt be sprite theft. I have some of Avatar's sprites that i'm allowed to use. I just find your overworlds great. And i know i couldnt do that. So please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back