• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
4chan also said it was flying type since they had the paper airplane throwing event...The mini events, even with Pokemon cosplayers are there for fun and nothing else.

While Sylveon can be fighting, the smash cosplay events don't mean or hint towards anything.
I honestly think the part of the statement to pay attention to in the prior comments is "4chan". This immediately invalidates whatever is said.

Though 4chan humour on uniboobs would be interesting.

Cyclone

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
Yeah, there's no way that Smash footage means it's a Fighting-type. It's just someone in a Sylveon costume messing around with nunchuks, nothing more. =P

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
Sylveon=Fairy type?

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this. If it is please close it :) But I had to bring up the fairy type. I know it's probably been discussed elsewhere but I felt like talking about it. To me, a LOT of signs point to Sylveon introducing the fairy type. It's been a while since we've had a new type, and while things are fine now, a new type could open up a WORLD of new pokemon... and new type advantage/disadvantages. I'll make some points...

1. In gen II, Umbreon introduced the dark type. It is even the first dark pokemon in the pokedex. Wouldn't it make since for this mysterious new eeveelution to introduce the new type as well?

2. Why is it so important to keep Sylveon's type a mystery? Glaceon and Leafeon were revealed in a fairly non-chalant manor as ice and grass types respectively. What is so special about Sylveon? Which leads to the third point...

3. What IS so special about Sylveon? This new movie seems like it will center on her in some way... why hasn't any other eeveelution had a large involvement in a movie like this? Could be because Sylveon is introducing a brand new type to the series?

4. All other eeveelutions are CLEAR representations of their respective types, and are pretty much symbols of said type. Vaporeon is clearly water, Leafeon is clearly grass, Flareon is clearly fire etc. Why is Sylveon so mysterious? It doesn't look like any current type. Flying and dragon somewhat, but it isn't a clear representation.

5. The movie trailer showed the eeveelutions with each of their own little backgrounds. Sylveon was in a pink background that seemed to be shaped like an egg. If you looked closely, you can see what looks like a small wing inside the egg. This could mean flying type, but since when is flying's color pink? The flying type palette is usually a pale blue-ish color.

6. Gen 5 was supposed to be like a new beggining, IE: The new gen 1. So if gen 5 is the new gen 1, that would make gen 6 like the new gen 2. Gen 2 introduced new types... this one is probably looking too far into it, but you know what I mean.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
So that video of Pokémon Smash... What is the preview talking about? I don't care what it LOOKS like they're saying (doubt it's fighting type) but I want to know what they're ACTUALLY saying in the preview. (aka got a translation?)

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Bows are made of fabric and bugs have something to do with that right? Like the Sewaddle family from Gen 5. Sylveon really could be Bug type.

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
The Eeveelutions make their type so obvious. The fact that there's even any doubt over Sylveon's type suggests it's a new type.
Everyday I'm becoming more and more open to a Fairy type, to the point where I'm even using it in my own hack (which funnily enough, has Sylveon in it XD).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The Eeveelutions make their type so obvious. The fact that there's even any doubt over Sylveon's type suggests it's a new type.
Everyday I'm becoming more and more open to a Fairy type, to the point where I'm even using it in my own hack (which funnily enough, has Sylveon in it XD).

You don't know that for sure :x I mean there's certainly hints to Flying, and Flying would fit in with Fairy, so I'm betting Sylveon is Flying tbh.

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
You don't know that for sure :x I mean there's certainly hints to Flying, and Flying would fit in with Fairy, so I'm betting Sylveon is Flying tbh.
Like I said, there's doubt. It doesn't look like it 100% fits into one type. All the other Eeveelutions look 100% like their type. Sylveon doesn't look like an obvious flying type (an obvious flying type would have wings).

Oh, and why would they keep the type so secret for just a type that we already have?

Last edited:

Geoffery

Blaziken is best!
Years
Many are saying "oh it's normal type! Oh its flying!" Well i say they made an entirely new type. Maybe its awesome type.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
I'd like to see Sylveon be a bug type. It has big, beady eyes, and although otherwise its design is nothing like a bug type, its name origin comes from bug-like pixies. Also, in a trailer featuring it in the upcoming Pokemon movie, there was a quick scene showing Sylveon in a grassy field, which is often associated with grass or bug types. Maybe just some wishful thinking here, though.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'd like to see Sylveon be a bug type. It has big, beady eyes, and although otherwise its design is nothing like a bug type, its name origin comes from bug-like pixies. Also, in a trailer featuring it in the upcoming Pokemon movie, there was a quick scene showing Sylveon in a grassy field, which is often associated with grass or bug types. Maybe just some wishful thinking here, though.
After a connection made with a newly released image linked to Bug type being plausible - plus something I found in another forum from February - I firmly think it's Bug type now. I can't claim it as my first guess, unfortunately.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

After a connection made with a newly released image linked to Bug type being plausible - plus something I found in another forum from February - I firmly think it's Bug type now. I can't claim it as my first guess, unfortunately.

Cyclone

Pixies have never been associated with insects owo

Pixies (also Pixy, Pixi, Pizkie, Piskies and Pigsies as they are sometimes known in Cornwall) are mythical creatures of folklore, considered to be particularly concentrated in the high moorland areas around Devon[1] and Cornwall,[2] suggesting some Celtic origin for the belief and name. Akin to the Irish and Scottish sidhe, pixies are believed to inhabit ancient underground ancestor sites such as stone circles, barrows, quoits, rounds or standing stones.[3] In traditional regional lore, they are generally benign, mischievous, short of stature and attractively childlike; they are fond of dancing and gather outdoors in huge numbers to dance, or sometimes wrestle, through the night, demonstrating parallels with the Cornish plen-an-gwary and Breton Fest Noz (Cornish: troyl) folk celebrations originating in the medieval period. In modern times they are usually depicted with pointed ears, and often wearing a green outfit and pointed hat. Sometimes their eyes are described as being pointed upwards at the temple ends. These, however, are Victorian Era conventions and not part of the older mythology.
In modern use, the term can be synonymous with fairies or sprites. However, in folklore there is a traditional enmity, and even war between the two races.[4]

Sylveon also has the exact same eye design as all of the eevee evolutions, except Umbreon who has completely different eyes, with it being opened wider than the others. Its eyes looks exactly the same as the others and the others aren't bugs so I do not see any connection...

Also Fairies, Pixies are humanoid mostly wingless creatures. Only since Disney's twisted view did they get bug like wings. Traditional fairies and pixes don't have anything to do with bugs.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well we got to remember that anime and other Japanese media was inspired by Disney...just look at Celebi having almost bug like wings. speaking of Celebi, it's based on a fairy yet doesn't have bug the same could be said about Sylveon.

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
Years
It honestly looks like a normal type to me.
Being cute pink and all that (just like those cute Chansey/Cleffa/etc. pokémon).
But that would defeat the purpose of keeping Eevee.
I don't see anyone wings on that pokémon so I don't get how it could be flying either; then again Rayquaza didn't have any either.
So....

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
It honestly looks like a normal type to me.
Being cute pink and all that (just like those cute Chansey/Cleffa/etc. pokémon).
But that would defeat the purpose of keeping Eevee.
I don't see anyone wings on that pokémon so I don't get how it could be flying either; then again Rayquaza didn't have any either.
So....
Eeveelutions have always obviously resembled their type. Sylveon being the only one there's any doubt about. A flying Eeveelution would have wings and/or clouds. A bug Eeveelution would have bug-eyes and a green tinted body. Normal type would look like Eevee and probably be named Eeveeon. A fighting Eeveelution would have a bulky looking body and be brown or blue. A dragon Eeveelution would have scales and large fangs. Sylveon has none of these things. Just tiny fangs and ribbons.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well Ribbons have been used in martial arts so it can be fighting, also it's color scheme matches the dragon tag of gen 3, etc. So it could really be a lot of things.

Back