• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Third Game Name

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Well, if they make a third game, the name would probably be Z, but it will be hard making a Pokemon with a Z format...lol. Well who knows, I suggest they make a fusion between the legendary from Y version with the legendary from the X version. Pokemon XY would be the name. :D I think.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
It's way too early to think about that. We need to see the features of the games first, if it has something like Black City/White Forrest etc. Wasn't that one of the reasons they made sequels? And I kinda prefer sequels as third games, as B2W2 were upgraded versions and had a different storyline.

Cid

Years
Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy Y-2, of course.

Seriously though, it's probably gonna be Z. I'm still sticking to the three-dimensional Cartesian coordinate system being the basis for X and Y in the first place. So if there's a third version, it's likely to be named Z. But if it's actually a DNA reference, then I'm out of ideas. D:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
With Game Freak these days, you can't tell. I think people would have thought Pokemon Purple and Pink would be before X and Y. So there's just no tellin'.

☆aqua☆

Ace Trainer!! :p
Years
Squirtle guesses "Z" as well...but maybe "X" and "Y" refer to the "X" and "Y" axis?
Squirtle is realllllllyyyy excited though!!! Oops. Squirtle just hit Nurse Joy in the face by accident....

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
It's way too early to discuss this :) .

I think, let's wait until the games are released and see if there is another legendary shaped like a letter. Then we'll speculate :) .

Years
I hope it's Z. XY could work, I suppose. X2 and Y2 are possible. There are so many things they could do, but Z works really well. It works better than the theorized Grey for Black and White. It's the natural progression.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Third version-wise: the best possible name would be XY, since Z isn't a chromo letter

Sequel-wise: the best possible name would be XX and XY to fit the DNA theme.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Plot twist: They use "phi Φ φ" because the names are actually greek letters. (imagine if they did though)

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
One more for the "too early to discuss" thing! :D

Why there should be a third version? I mean, they're breaking the mold! They started doing it with B2W2. We can't foretell anything actually.

So, that's my answer. No third version... oh... wait...

I forgot something and it's "money". They'll make a new version. Its name will be "Z".

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Like most people in here I think it's going to be Z.
Z just makes sense for me.
How do you know that it's a DNA theme? o_O

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I would be shocked if it wasn't Z. I thought Black/White would be followed up with Gray, so I could be wrong again.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
They're actually going to go backwards and give us Pokemon W. The W will stand for "What??"

But really, they might not even have a third game this time. If they do, I call "Pokemon Omega." Now THAT would be a cool shape to base a Pokemon off of.

Scratch that, X and Y will always be variables to me. Third game is Pokemon N Version.

Last edited:

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
XX and XY version... in all seriousness, if there is a branching version, then it's going to be Z.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
we will have to wait Until the games are Released (Or atleast all the legendaries anyway) Before we can properly start guessing a Possible Name for the Third Version

It Normally has something to do with The 3rd Mascot which can be found Somewhere in the Game only after the Elite 4

Emerald - Rayquaza (In RS Rayqauza was found at Sky Pillar after the E4)
Platinum - Giratina (In DP Giratina was found at Turnback Cave after the E4)

Back