• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen [Emerald] The Mirage Tower!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
index.php

Have you ever wondered into the desert on Route 111 and found a mysterious looking tower made out of sandstone sitting there? If you have, it's called the Mirage Tower! It's a mysterious tower that disappears and reappears every now and then, if you see it make sure you enter! It's actually really similar to Sky Pillar, with you needing the Mach Bike as there's those holes which you need to travel really fast over otherwise you'll fall down a floor.

Once you reach the top, you'll see 2 fossils!

150px-Mirage_Tower_4F_E.png

The Root Fossil, and the Claw Fossil. The Claw fossil can be given to a professor to resurrect it into an Anorith, and the other can be resurrected into a Lileep. Pretty amazing, huh? However, you can only choose one! Once you've taken one fossil, the tower will begin to collapse, and once it does it will never be seen again, so be wise with your choice!

You can actually find the other fossil in the Fossil Maniac's house near Fallarbor Town!

So, what are your opinions on the Mirage Tower? Have you ever seen it, and ventured inside it? If you did manage to reach the top, which fossil did you take? Did you prefer the method of obtaining the fossils in R/S better then the way of obtaining them in Emerald?

Post your opinions and stuffs below! Have fun :3

Years
As with most other times i've gone through Emerald, when I would make it to the top the fossil I would usually pick was the Claw Fossil, with Anorith. Although it was a different way of getting the fossil, I think that it wasn't too good an idea to make being able to get it RNG based as opposed to just giving it to you.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I think I've already mentioned how I hate the Mirage Tower because of the Mach Bike puzzle in the bikes thread--but just in case I haven't, I hate the Mach Bike puzzle in the Mirage Tower. The first time I encountered it I was surprised because it wasn't there before so me, like the curious cat I am, entered willy-nilly without knowledge of what to look out for. I kept falling into the holes thinking that maybe after a certain amount of tries they'd disappear. Imagine my surprise when they didn't disappear at all. :p

My friend later told me how to get through the Mirage Tower--it was actually when I was in the Sky Pillar already.

Years
There's already a thread on which fossil you'd pick made some days prior.. but this thread seems more Emerald-focused while the other looks more targeted towards Ruby & Sapphire. I'll fix up the titles to reflect that so we hopefully don't have to close any threads. :D

Anyways, yes, I saw this tower my first time wandering into the desert in Emerald. Went with Anorith since I already used Lileep in R/S but didn't use it at all, poor thing went straight to the box. Stressed me out swapping bikes to get to the top but it was all worth it in the end for a collector like me.

Years
Ah yes. I remember how I was confused about this tower.
12ish-y-old me: "But I know I saw something right there a second ago, where is it!"
It's a great place, but it took me years to realize you can get the other fossil as well lol.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I think it's a nice improvement compared to the fossils just lying there in R/S. Some of the NPC's in the desert mention they're looking for fossils. How on earth can they not have found them lying in clear sight? Also a appearing and disappearing tower is quite cool. And the possibility to obtain the other fossil too later in the game is good as well.
I don't like the tower's interior. I hate those bike traps.

Years
I think it's a nice improvement compared to the fossils just lying there in R/S. Some of the NPC's in the desert mention they're looking for fossils. How on earth can they not have found them lying in clear sight? Also a appearing and disappearing tower is quite cool. And the possibility to obtain the other fossil too later in the game is good as well.
I don't like the tower's interior. I hate those bike traps.

So I assume Sky Pillar is not your favorite place in Hoenn? lol
But yeah, that floor is really tricky.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
I'm doing a play through of Emerald right now, and I got lucky enough to find that tower the first time I walked into the desert, and even more lucky that I had my "Mach Bike" on me right then. I was able to get the fossil in three tries. I chose the "Root Fossil" because "Cradily" is a vastly superior pokemon to "Armaldo".

As to playing the games when I was much younger, I actually always knew that you needed to use the "Mach Bike" to get through the "Mirage Tower" and the "Sky Pillar", but only because I bought the guide when I bought the game, so yeah I had a walk through at the time. lol I remember the "Sky Pillar" being frustrating but I persevered through it. I remember that after completing the "Sky Pillar" in the past, I had no problem with riding the "Mach Bike" through any obstacle filled map ever again. lol
I'm actually excited to do "Sky Pillar" all over again in my current play through.

Years
Dudee... I remember the mirage tower and It did resemble sky pillar a lot and I thought it was pretty cool, it was more like learning how to ride the mach bike over the cracks in the ground to get you ready for the same maze in sky pillar. I haven't played Emerald in a while so I forgot which one I picked but I'm sure I picked the claw fossil (because it sounded better lol).. does this have anything to do with mirage island as well? which is near sky pillar hmm.. .____.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
First, I love the addition of Mirage Tower. They can expand the whole thing though, for example like adding more challenge and back story.

I randomly picked one, as I'm fully aware that I'll receive the another one post-game! {XD}

Years
I wasn't a fan of Mirage Tower at all. Mainly because it has crumbling floors and Mach Bike controls back then were just difficult to master. I guess Emerald was a bit too difficult for me to even play if I was going this far in discussion threads hahahaha

Days
  • Age 17
  • Seen Sep 19, 2023
Ah yes. I remember how I was confused about this tower.
12ish-y-old me: "But I know I saw something right there a second ago, where is it!"
It's a great place, but it took me years to realize you can get the other fossil as well lol.

That's the thing for me. I'm on perfect emerald and I can find both fossils. I just grabbed lileep and the whole thing crumbled. Can you tell me where to get the other one?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
That's the thing for me. I'm on perfect emerald and I can find both fossils. I just grabbed lileep and the whole thing crumbled. Can you tell me where to get the other one?
That's a ROM Hack, isn't it? We don't deal with these in this section. We do have a ROM Hack section. Maybe someone can help you there?

Also, this thread is very old. So I'm going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back