• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favorite & least favourite Pokemon of the 5th Gen?

Years
07.png
So, a lot of controversy around Gen 5 and it's pokemon. Personally, I loved the way they looked. But I want to hear what PC has to say. So, what was your favorite pokemon(s) of Gen 5? Also, what are your least favourites? Feel free to respond to other posts & discuss/promote your favourites. As for the generation as a whole, if you feel they don't look like Pokemon, use the seperate thread for that.

(Sorry if this has been posted before or is a common question.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
People can make fun of it all they want, but I'm in love with this thing's design. I only wish it had a better movepool. D:

Spoiler:

Yes, it's seriously my favorite GenV pokémon. XD

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Samurott was definitely my favourite fifth generation Pokémon. Everything from its awesome design to its semi-bug type was just awesome. That being said, I will admit that Darmanitan falls dangerously close behind. Those things are amazing physical attackers and learn seriously beneficial moves early on.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Imo, a lot of the gen 5's look like garbage (In fact, one of them actually IS garbage.) but amazingly I do have some favorites from gen 5.

Stoutland, Serperior, and Zebrastrika (Spelled wrong I know).

I'm just kinda afraid to see what they come up with in the 6th generation.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well it seems likes/dislikes is close enough to death that a couple days don't really matter - the thread needed a refresh anyways. So as a result, I'm just going to edit in a few discussion questions into the first post so we can get some discussion happening again. :3

Either way, my favourite was Herdier partially because of the design/partially because of how it sounds as well as partially because it was a dog, lol. Everything about it is awesome tbh.

As for others, some of the ones I didn't like were Crimgan, Garbodor, etc, but purely because of design. A lot of the ones I disliked before I kind of liked more because of battling, lol, like Tornadus. :x

But yeah, overall, Crimgan/Druddigon should probably be deleted. :)

Years
Well it seems likes/dislikes is close enough to death that a couple days don't really matter - the thread needed a refresh anyways. So as a result, I'm just going to edit in a few discussion questions into the first post so we can get some discussion happening again. :3

Either way, my favourite was Herdier partially because of the design/partially because of how it sounds as well as partially because it was a dog, lol. Everything about it is awesome tbh.

As for others, some of the ones I didn't like were Crimgan, Garbodor, etc, but purely because of design. A lot of the ones I disliked before I kind of liked more because of battling, lol, like Tornadus. :x

But yeah, overall, Crimgan/Druddigon should probably be deleted. :)

WHAT?! I think Druddigon looks totally kick ass! lol Just my opinion though. And Garbador is just a reboot of Muk and I never really liked Muk. The gothitelle and it's evolutions look so ridiculous to me. I don't like them at all. I like the monkey trio excep the water form. Simsear has to be my new favorite pokemon. It and Timburr. And it's evolved forms.

Last edited:
Years
Personally I like Golurk (which you might be able to guess by my name :))
Its a giant robot. THAT FLIES. Plus it's got a movepool that helps it do what it needs to

Other favorites of mine include.... hm. I kinda like all of the 5th gen. They really grew on me. But i guess I'd go with the jelly bear Reuniclus, Elgyem, Rufflet, Joltik, Serperior, uh... and Darmanitan, especially zen form. I thought that was a cool feature.

Least favorites would be Gothita (it's lips are two disconnected ovals!?) and actually the musketeer trio. Something about them seemed creepy, like a human deer hybrid gone wrong...

@Forever Whatchu talkin' bout? Druddigin/Garbodor are awesome, even though I kinda hated them at first... but now they're cool haha

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
People need to stop being haterz when it comes to 5th generation pokemon.

The variety of styles makes it great for everyone. IF you like elegant, tough, weird, cute, ugly, regal, sinister, or any combination of these styles, there is a Pokemon for you in this generation.

I also like the new and unique typing of pokemon, with the exception of the poor representation of poison types, and even maybe the fire types.

I am picky about my Pokemons' appearances, but these are the ones that appeal to me, and therefore, I can use during the game:

Spoiler:

I should also note that this generation contains the most Pokemon that I find to be appealing enough to be on my team. This is by far the best generation of Pokemon!!!

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2012
I have to say, this generation of pokemon make me madder then any other. Most of them are cross bread with two skill sets but my fav is.............
Darmanitan.
He is a straight beast.

DominusValdo

Friend to all...
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2012
I really enjoyed three different pokemon the best. Darmanitan, Haxorus and Braviary.
Darmanitan was a monster and Haxorus is probably my favorite dragon design. I usually never like flying but Braviary just looked awesome and he was overall a great asset to my team. He is my favorite flying including legendary birds.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Ughh.. Generation Five. Brought two Pokemon I really hate. :\

Spoiler:

I really do not know why, but these Pokemon strikes me as ugly. really. no offence.

I have a few mons I like though. Samurott is really a beast, plus Serperior is just elegant. Galvantula is badass, and so is Cofagrigus.

SquishyCasanova

Beep Beep
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
Cobalion was a cool pokemon! Not necessarily the best, but I liked it.
Least favorite, probably Simisage, Simipour and Simisear,
they were just...frightening.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I remember back on the day when it was released in japan and all of the pokemon were being released through out the day I was in aw. Then we they were all ripped by the evening my initial ones I instantly connected too were Bisharp, Haxorus, Carracosta, Krookodile line, Volcarona, and Golurk from if memory serves correctly. Then looking at it in retrospect I am thinking I like at least 75% of the designs. Good stuff as a whole, although there are hits and misses as well like the Kami Trio, Trubbish & Garbodar, Alomomola, Klink line, Cyrogonal. Then there is some I just disliked like Scraggy and Scrafty but now I love them especially since (Scraggy) atm is apart of Ash team.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Conkeldurr is the best to me for its good bulk and movesets, I have one and it sweeps like no tomorrow
Only one pokemon I cannot stand, Whimsicott, it is good but focused to much on irritating your opponents

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Looking only at concepts, my favs are Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott. I think concept of Samurai otter/sea lion using razor shells/swords is awesome. I also like Zoroark and Cofagrigus.

TY

It looks badass, it is very strong...

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
I don't understand what everyone's beef with Volcarona is. It is the most badass moth I have ever seen and if you Quiver Dance that thing it will take down a freight train on steroids. Oh and it puts Venomoth from Gen I to shame.

While a lot of the Gen V Pokemon looked absolutely pathetic, and like the developers just all got really drunk and splashed some paint around on a board and called it a Pokemon, there were one or two I didn't mind....

Volcarona
Hydreigon (was waiting for a three-headed dragon for sososo long)
Kyurem
Samurott
Excadrill
Haxorus (there is a reason it has hax in it's name)

Last edited:
Back