• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Region?

Which Region is your favourite?

• Total voters

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
Years
I love Kanto, Johto and Hoenn alike but Hoenn is my absolute favorite. After DP I think the Pokemon designing went... downhill? I can't really think of anything better than that.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
For me its Hoenn cos it just looks peaceful and had a pretty good story line and i guess because ruby was my first game.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
This was tough, but the decision was made. Johto!

Johto was a very fun region, in fact, its probably where I spent most of my playtime in Pokemon history. Not to mention its right next to Kanto so you don't really need to travel THAT far away, so that's a plus. I don't know, maybe because its a large region put together with Kanto, & I like more options within a game. That'd be my reason probably.

Years
I love the Johto region. 1) It has many of my favorite Pokemon. 2) It's the most memorable region. 3) You fight Red on Mt. Silver. 4) The story is the most memorable. 5) You can travel to Kanto as well (possibly not a reason, but multi-regions in one game is cool to me.)

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

JosephBowie

Self-Depreciator
Years
I would go with Kanto, due to the nostalgia factor, but that would involve being in the same region as Lavender Town. So I'm going with Johto because I'm a wimp.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
I love Kanto/Hoenn.

Kanto, because it is where I started Pokémon, many remembrances...Old remembrances!
In G/S/C you can come back in there too. I was like, wow! Finally I can come back in there. I was so glad!

About Hoenn, there're many things. Meteo, lands varietes. Many new water Pokémon. Big cities well designed.

Kisses~

:7:

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
I love all regions, but the new Unova region has the longest pokedex list, the reason why I choose it. It's really cool that there I can make a party with pokemons of all other generations.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 19, 2021
Whats your favorite 2 regions?

I was wondering about what's the 2 most favorited regions. Mine is johto and hoenn.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Kanto and Johto, those 2 regions are connected and I like both of them. Kanto has no story behind it, but meh. Thats Pokemon at first right? With all those dark dark dark stories. Unlike current generations.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
Kanto. But the more I think about it, Hoenn was a pretty good lookin' region. I think it'd be amazing to see it with the DS graphics now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Unova, with Johto close behind. Hoenn is nice too but so much water. Since I rarely even have surf on my team these days it's a pain in the games. But Unova and Johto are just those regions I can almost go everywhere on foot and not have to worry about any obstacles. And Johto has access to Kanto which is nice.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Haven't gone to the Unova region yet. I like all of the them pretty equally though. Hoenn comes out on top though, despite being literally half ocean. ;P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I really like Johto. It's not the most geographically complex region, but I feel like it has the best natural flow out of all of them. By that, I mean that things change gradually and feel a lot less arbitrary than in some of the other regions. Kanto, while also feeling geographically similar, feels a bit more sparse, which makes sense given that it was very early. The others - while I like Hoenn and Sinnoh a fair bit - feel slightly more slapdash, in my opinion.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Definitely Hoenn. Though it was rather small, I enjoyed looking through the scenery. Some towns like Pacifidlog were original and creative, I liked them. The main reason why I like Hoenn is because of how natural it felt. It feels like you're in the wilderness or something, since there weren't much bustling cities, and the biggest city is fairly rural. It would be a great place to retire! Though many new and cool regions have passed (Sinnoh, Unova etc.) Hoenn will still be my favourite. <3

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Definitely Johto, with Hoenn coming in close second. Johto brought colour and vibrance back into my childhood. I grew up with GSC, so it's only natural that I'm somehow biased towards it, haha. Aside form visual appeal, it's definitely got a fantastic variety of Pokemon not to mention a pretty epic set of Gym Leaders.

Back