• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
I'm aware that its base stats were present in Gen IV but it Rotom didn't feel too different with 5 forms of the same type that only granted each form a signature move that couldn't get a STAB.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
All formes except for the non-tradable, and non-forme changeable Spiky ear Pichu have thus far been present in all games, so I imagine Kyurem's formes will appear again...even with more reason this time as the theme is genes (not saying it'll have a role in these games but they're likely to appear).

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm willing to bet that X/Y will give players a way to obtain Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. I don't see why they wouldn't. As said, it has already been done before.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
Well, the Griseous Orb wasn't tradable until Gen V and you can get the Gracidea in Gen V, I'm very sure we'll be able to get the just said items as well as the DNA Splicers and Reveal Glass in X & Y.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Unown ! & ? and Spiky-eared Pichu say hi.

The only way I can see Game Freak ruining any old Pokémon is they either ditch the old design of the Pokémon altogether (Jynx doesn't count) or greatly messing with their stats so much making it far from its original tier ranking or losing its iconic features. But I do agree it seems a little odd to possibly giving Mewtwo a new form since Mewtwo has been Uber tier in every generation (plus it finally got its own signature move in Generation V). But I like that rumored form's design so I wouldn't mind if it's real.

Spiky Ear'd Pichu isn't an alternate form. Its a special edition Pokemon. No Pichu can transform into the Spiky ear'd one and it couldn't be traded, transferred, or evolved.

Gamefreak also doesn't do anything based on Tiers. That is fan made groupings. Only "Tier" Gamefreak has is "Legendary".

Slightly moving away from the Mewtwo form for a sec for something else. I'm just hoping Keldeo in Gen VI will get a boost on it's Resolute Form like the boost Rotom got in Gen V. I mean, Game Freak did a lot of promoting/hyping for a B2W2 exclusive form that did absolutely jack squat for anyone which was a terrible idea.

Rotom didn't get any boost in gen 5. If you are talking about its type change, that was more a hit than a boost. Rotom lost some major functions and STAB bonus to a lot of its common tactics. While each form may have opened up to new defenses they also fell prey to new weaknesses as well. Overall the new typesetting hurt Rotom more than anything.

I'm willing to bet that X/Y will give players a way to obtain Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. I don't see why they wouldn't. As said, it has already been done before.

As for the Black/White Kyurems being available, they'll most likely come in an event.

They purposefully made it so that you cannot trade Kyurem while its in its alternate form and so that you cannot have both forms in one game. I don't think they'll ever allow for us to be able to use both seeing as they want to keep them separate while one is fused. Seeing as all they'll do is trade the Key Item over to the new games, it'll keep its base effect just as Griseous Orb and Gracidea Flower.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
I'm well aware tiers are fan made. I'm just saying Mewtwo is known for being a very powerful Pokémon to the community.

And for the Pichu part, he made it sound like Mewtwo would be the first Pokémon to get a form after its generation reveal. I know what differences Spiky-eared has.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
What kind of Pokemon do you all think will be revealed this weekend? I hope it's another evolution of a Pokemon we all know now or at least the first stage of this gen's bird.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
Not sure but seeing the censored gameplay shot from the Pokémon Smash preview makes it looks like a pretty small Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm well aware tiers are fan made. I'm just saying Mewtwo is known for being a very powerful Pokémon to the community.

And for the Pichu part, he made it sound like Mewtwo would be the first Pokémon to get a form after its generation reveal. I know what differences Spiky-eared has.

Even still, the "No Pokemon has gotten any form changes outside of their original generation" is still technically correct. There were alternate forms of Unown in the Pokemon movies that have never made thier debute in the games as of yet, but the character talking about them said they take many different forms, even some that aren't yet discovered. While this doesn't specifically say there are more but there were too many already to add more, it was confimation that more forms existed that weren't in the game. So even with Unown getting ? and ! in Gen 3, they were made/revealed in Generation 2.

As for Pichu, it is not, has never been, never will be an alternate form. Its a special edition Pokemon. Similar to the special move ones given away and the "Pikachu colored Pichu" that was part of the Spiky Ear'd Pichu event. Spike Ear'd Pichu is also cataloged as a "Shiny" variant rather than a form change by officials.

Furthermore, no Legendary has ever received Form changes as of yet. Many were rumored, but none ever have. We'll see if mewtwo form is real this coming Saturday. If they don't reveal the new form then it was a fake.

Also...A lot of people have come up saying that the poster was in fact posted originally on April 1st.

So we have a lot of conflicting info popping up.

Fake until proven real, only way to look at it. This way you can't get your hopes up and dashed if its fake.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What kind of Pokemon do you all think will be revealed this weekend? I hope it's another evolution of a Pokemon we all know now or at least the first stage of this gen's bird.

Regional bird or annoying moral type. Don't see what else they'd do so early :(

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Regional bird or annoying moral type. Don't see what else they'd do so early :(

If I recall correctly, Gen 3 did reveal the likes of Sharpedo and some others before they revealed Taillow / Zigzagoon / Poochyena. It's not out of the question that they could reveal some totally random Pokemon.

Years
Exdrill was also introduced pretty early on irc for Gen 5.

Also since Unown having other forms was mentioned in Gen 2 that would mean Kyurem may have another one...perfect Dragon as the Original Dragon was mentioned in gen 5 and it was hinted that Kyurem has some connection to it in B2W2...it wasn't clear as it was more Drayden speculating outloud... or at least Zekrom and Reshiram fusing for those who don't see Kyurem as part of the original. Since gen supposedly is about DNA and genes and is the generation after 5 a Original Dragon appearance/ Third Kyurem forme wouldn't be surprising...it'll make more sense too than Mewtwo getting one after five generations (1-5).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think it'll be a Pokemon that has some connection to a previous, like maybe an evolution or the standard regional bird/bug/normal Pokemon. I'm excited to see and hope they give us more information that just a picture! A name and type at least please, TPC n_n

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I feel the less forms we get of older legendaries the better.

This is supposed to be the time for the 6th gen pokemon to shine. 1st to 5th gen pokemon have already had their day.

I hope they reveal a random new pokemon. If it does turn out to be a regional rodent I hope it's something more unconventional like Sentret. (I feel like Sentret is the most unusual looking of the regional rodents)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Exdrill was also introduced pretty early on irc for Gen 5.

Also since Unown having other forms was mentioned in Gen 2 that would mean Kyurem may have another one...perfect Dragon as the Original Dragon was mentioned in gen 5 and it was hinted that Kyurem has some connection to it in B2W2...it wasn't clear as it was more Drayden speculating outloud... or at least Zekrom and Reshiram fusing for those who don't see Kyurem as part of the original. Since gen supposedly is about DNA and genes and is the generation after 5 a Original Dragon appearance/ Third Kyurem forme wouldn't be surprising...it'll make more sense too than Mewtwo getting one after five generations (1-5).

In Black/White Kyurem has nothing to do with Reshiram/Zekrom/original Dragon nor is he hinted anywhere to having other forms.

B2W2 Kyurem is mentioned only after the bad guys say they are using him and Drayden contradicts himself by questioning Kyurem's relation to Zekrom/Reshiram when he says the DNA pins were human made. Gamefreak also make it impossible to fuse all three together, not to mention fuse for two kyurem forms.

Ya it can be pretty much anything. I'm hoping for something cute.

Years
They could make a new item for Zekrom and Reshiram to fuse on their own thus creating the original Dragon...which will be unusual as it'll be the first time two Pokémon fuse to create something that is not a forme of at least one (if they did it'll ruin the Yin and Yang aspect) that isn't an evolution (not like the fusing actually happens in game).

Either way I feel a new forme for Mewtwo will open the flood gates for the other old legendaries...maybe one for Rayquaza or the other two members of the Weather trio (can be used for remake purposes...), as well as Dialgia, and Palkia...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
I can see a handful of non-Legendaries getting the new form treatment but targeting ALL past legendaries sounds extremely risky to do on Game Freak's fan base (and I'm a guy who pretty much likes all generations equally as well as accepting the new changes/additions found in each generation). If this Mewtwo form is already causing a negative outrage to the veterans of the series then even more old legendaries getting new forms will be just another middle finger to the collection.

I'd rather see some non-legendaries get forms rather than more legendaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back