• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Well, since Ursaring can learn Crunch (which is pretty useful against ghost), the move is a must on Pangoro. Having in mind the new Dark-type moves to be released, it also could learn Taunt, Payback, and Pursuit. Sucker punch would be awesome, but I'm not sure about that because Houndoom has the attack and Scrafty would pay thousands in order to have it. Hone Claws would help to get attack and accuracy boost to the fist-based attacks like DynamicPunch.

rainerman3

The Guy With THE Aura
Years

Username: Rainerman3
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Well, I've recently started loving dark types so I think that they are mysterious, cool and just badass.
Your partners: Shades the Krookodile and Mr. Shadow the Zoroark
What Types rule: Dark and Grass obviously.
Answer the current topic: Pangoro would probably get like... Bite, Mach Punch. Maybe Aura Sphere? Maybe some kind of grass type move like razor leaf because of that leaf he has in his mouth? He could maybe learn the elemental punches AND biting attacks?

Years

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Well, I've recently started loving dark types so I think that they are mysterious, cool and just badass.
Answer the current topic: Pangoro would probably get like... Bite, Mach Punch. Maybe Aura Sphere? Maybe some kind of grass type move like razor leaf because of that leaf he has in his mouth? He could maybe learn the elemental punches AND biting attacks?

Welcome to the club, and awesome partner choices! 5th Gen definitely had awesome-looking Dark-types that also pack a punch or two.

As for moves Pangoro may learn, I would agree with most of Esoj's post there. Taunt seems like a staple in most Dark movesets, same with Torment. Crunch is also a possibility, like what Esoj also mentioned but also I think Foul Play came into my mind, because it's based around the Dark-type's usual "dirty fighting" trick and given Pancham's Japanese species name is the Naughty Pokemon it seems fitting Pangoro gets it. I'd also hope it gets some of the new Dark attacks 6th Gen introduces.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years

Yeah, gen 5 has so much variety with dark types! A flying/dark, a ground/dark, a fighting/dark, a steel/dark and a dragon/dark! I love gen 5 for giving so much variety in dark type pokemon. :3
Welcome to the club man! Yeah gen V had some unique Dark types and maybe some of my favorites. (though they're the other way around from the way you listed them. :P)

And that's a good idea for a new topic:

Which Generation of Pokemon do you think introduced the best Dark types so far?

Years

5th Gen for sure, I mean look at the fun type combinations they brought out like Dark/Dragon, Dark/Fighting and Ground/Dark. The Deino, Scraggy and Sandile lines also had some fun themes going for them, like the latter two lines being based on criminal stereotypes (which has been some thing going for a few Dark-types) and the Deino line's members all being named after the German names for one, two and three, each corresponding to the number of heads they have, Deino (one), Zweilous (two) and Hydreigon (three).

Years
Gen 2! Murkrow, Sneasel, Houndoom, Tyranitar and Umbreon are all great pokemon. Not to rain on gen 3 and 5's parades, they introduced some cool ones too.

The only bad thing, is that originally in gen 2, you couldn't get most of the dark types until so late in the game! That was a lame move by Gamefreak.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

Its hard to choose actually. I'd say a tie between Generation 2 and 3. They both brought out some great dark-types, that really had a menacing look and were fun to use. Absol, Tyranitar, Umbreon, the list goes on and on of how many powerhouses they brought in. Plus they all fitted the typing perfectly and I loved all of the unique designs thrown out there. While Gen 5 arguably had some creative ideas, it didn't make it across the line for me. I really like all of the dark-types in Gen 3 though, gotta say.

TheMasterLucario1

TheMasterlucario1
Years
I agree with hikari10. I believe the best dark types are in gen 5 my favorite pokemon from unova is Zoroark and I use hydreigon in my team. There is also bisharp the steel/dark type. Gen 5 introduced new combinations not seen before and I hope gen 6 does too :)

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
I agree with Hikari. The 5th gen launched interesting pokes with different types, giving to the Dark-type different flavors. Great concepts and nice designs, they were more open with the Dark-type in this generation. Also, the 3rd gen did well by introducing pure Dark-type pokes like Absol and Mightyena as well as different types combinations like dark/water, dark/grass, and the almost unbeatable dark/ghost.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Username: Darkrai666
What do you think of Dark-type Pokemon: Dark type pokemon Are the Strongest pokemon ever..I wuv dark-type Pokemon And they are just epic
DARK TYPE POKEMON'S RULE!
Partners: Darkrai and Tyranitar

GO DARKTYPES!

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
Username: Starlight Sprite
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They're pretty solid overall, and many are really cool looking.
Your partners: Umbreon and Absol
What Types rule: Dark and Water types! Ghost is cool too, especially when paired with Dark, because it negates all weaknesses.
Answer the current topic: I think Pancham is going to be a physical attack Pokemon, with average defenses and below average speed. That being said, I'd say Beat Up is a strong possibility, along with Feint Attack and possibly Pursuit. I wouldn't rule out Taunt and/ or Torment either. For Fighting type moves, I'm going to guess Force Palm, Karate Chop, and Close Combat. I have no doubt in my mind that it will favor physical moves over special ones.

Treecko

Years
Username: Darkrai666
What do you think of Dark-type Pokemon: Dark type pokemon Are the Strongest pokemon ever..I wuv dark-type Pokemon And they are just epic
DARK TYPE POKEMON'S RULE!
Partners: Darkrai and Tyranitar

GO DARKTYPES!

Username: Starlight Sprite
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They're pretty solid overall, and many are really cool looking.
Your partners: Umbreon and Absol
What Types rule: Dark and Water types! Ghost is cool too, especially when paired with Dark, because it negates all weaknesses.
Answer the current topic: I think Pancham is going to be a physical attack Pokemon, with average defenses and below average speed. That being said, I'd say Beat Up is a strong possibility, along with Feint Attack and possibly Pursuit. I wouldn't rule out Taunt and/ or Torment either. For Fighting type moves, I'm going to guess Force Palm, Karate Chop, and Close Combat. I have no doubt in my mind that it will favor physical moves over special ones.

Hello guys! Welcome !!! Sorry for not responding sooner I haven't been good at managing my clubs lately. >.>

I'm gonna answer the topic myself now haha.

I think 5th Generation has a lot of unique Dark types; Dark/Fighting , Ground/Dark, Dark/Dragon , Dark/Steel. And it some of my favorites too; Scraggy/Scrafty, Deino's family, Sandile's family (especially Krookodile!) , Pawniard's family and Zorua/Zoroark. So I definitely agree it introduced the best ones so far. After that I'd say Gen III. Mainly because I'm pretty bias towards Gen III, but also cause there's some really good looking ones such as Absol, Shiftry and Mightyena.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Hey there guys! Got a little bit of news regarding X/Y but, not Dark types directly. On youtube I am subscribed to a user who posted a video of some Pokemon that may be appearing in X and Y that he got from a trustworthy source. Believe them or not , that is up to you, but, I think that it could be true since I've been subscribed to the user for a while and because of all the "precautions" that he took.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GA6gw-Yu6ME

There's the link. Have fun and let the speculation begin!

And to answer the current topic...Gen V had the best Dark types, and the most. We got Hydreigon, a new type combo, the pseudo legendary of Gen V, and it's just plain powerful. Zoroark, powerful, unique ability, and can also be seen as a pseudo legendary. Then we got awesome type combos from Scrafty, Krookodile, and Bisharp, and another really cool and unique Dark/Flying type. Overall, Gen V was the best for Dark types so far, with Gen II right behind it. I mean, without Gen II there wouldn't be Dark types, plus in Gen II we got Umbreon and Tyranitar, two of the best Dark types. Gen III follows II with great Pokemon like Absol, Shiftry, and Mightyena, and Gen IV in last sadly. Or, I guess Gen I last since it had no Dark types lol.

Last edited:

Treecko

Years
Hey there guys! Got a little bit of news regarding X/Y but, not Dark types directly. On youtube I am subscribed to a user who posted a video of some Pokemon that may be appearing in X and Y that he got from a trustworthy source. Believe them or not , that is up to you, but, I think that it could be true since I've been subscribed to the user for a while and because of all the "precautions" that he took.

Yeah since this is a Dark type club, it really doesn't belong here and it's off-topic. He doesn't mention really any rumors /leaked info related to the Dark type directly and is more or less stating info on X and Y. I sort doubt the "potato chip" Pokemon and the "sushi roll" Pokemon are Dark types if they're real. (I'm not believing they're real even if the source comes from "someone at Nintendo" cause to me Gamefreak could do better than a plain bag of potato chips and a sushi roll. Food based Pokemon are a bit more creative.) Regardless, please only post things related to Dark types. I will post news when a dark type Pokemon is officially revealed.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Yeahh, I think speculation should stay in the X/Y forum for now, even if evidence points towards any of the new Pokemon being Dark type, and the same applies for any other club. Of course you're not restricted from talking about the Pokemon and why you think they'd be Dark types, but it shouldn't really be made into a topic until anything has been confirmed :) So yeah, unless AW feels otherwise, you're free to bring up your points on why you think the Pokemon may be Dark types and discuss it in the club as a side topic to go along with all the other discussions/topics, it's just that we already have an entire forum dedicated to speculations and discussion of current information, so there's not much point in discussing it here, especially when it's not even confirmed to be true yet :p

Just clearing that up :)

Treecko

Years
Yeah I think it's best to wait till it's confirmed true. That applies to any information either real , leaked or rumors. I'm all for speculating what kind of Dark types we may get in X and Y, but I think it's easier to post all rumors in the X and Y forum unless it's directly about possible Dark types. That said we can speculate on what kind of Dark types we may get in X and Y. There's a rumors thread in the X and Y forum, try finding it and posting it there. :3 I'm just not really sure about discussing leaked info and usually take that stuff with a grain of salt either way.

Nakala Pri

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Awesome, smashing and totally great!
Your partners: Mightyena and Skunktank. I love them! :D
What Types rule: DARK TYPE!! :D And Electric and Poison... lol.
Answer the current topic: Generation II. It entered the most memorable Dark Types! :P

I may be a tad inactive, so you don't have to add me to this smashing club. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back