• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much can I sell my pokemon collection for?

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
So I collected pokemon cards from atleast 4-9 years old, and I have a pretty decent collection. I have a whole section in my book dedicated to holographics, crappy ones, potions, and whatever else there is that I cant remember....
I have a full book, with the exception of about 20 pages missing that I never got to fill up because my parents stopped buying me cards :P. Twenty pages isn't anything compared to the full size of everything that is in it though.
I have the one mew card that got released for people that only went to see the movie, but it is in pretty poor condition because I'm pretty sure I found it laying around somewhere, or someone gave it to me.
I am taking it into a store tomorrow or the day after to get looked at, and will most likely sell it. It will be hard for me to sell it though because it was a huge part of my childhood, but I really want to start saving up money...

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
This is sad. Keep your collection!!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
This is sad. Keep your collection!!!

I'm still iffy if I want to get rid of it. Every now and then I like to go back and look at em just for fun, but with the money I will be getting for them I am going to get all of the Gameboy Color, and GBA pokemon games.

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
You may not be able to afford all of them, depending on where you buy them from. It also depends on the cards you have.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
You may not be able to afford all of them, depending on where you buy them from. It also depends on the cards you have.

I have a store located near me called "Classics" that sells everything gaming classic for dirt cheap :).

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Well arent you lucky. I have a store called Game Trader that has a ton of classic gaming systems and games. But they are not cheap at allllllllllllll.

Years
No matter their condition, you're probably not going to get anywhere near as much for them as you're hoping to get, unfortunately. That Mew you mention only fetches $2 to $4 in mint/near mint condition, which is much better condition than the one you describe is in.

Really, only the holographics are worth selling, and, even then, most won't fetch more than $5.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
No matter their condition, you're probably not going to get anywhere near as much for them as you're hoping to get, unfortunately. That Mew you mention only fetches $2 to $4 in mint/near mint condition, which is much better condition than the one you describe is in.

Really, only the holographics are worth selling, and, even then, most won't fetch more than $5.

I went and googled all the holographic prices and 4 or 5 of them were worth 15-20$ at most, so that alone will make me happy

Demon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Which ones? Those prices could easily be exaggerated.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
I have a reallllyyyyy old golden kabutops one that was 15. I have a few others that were but I can't remember which. I would have to go back and google all of my holo card prices again :P.

Years
If you have pictures of your collection we could give you a much better estimate. I personally suggest not selling them tho until you figure out exactly what you have. Those small shops often try to rip people off that aren't aware of what they have. Depending on the set and whether or not there 1st editions in NM or Mint condition you can pull anywhere from 50-150 bucks for a single card. So be careful!

Back