• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sierra's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

Mr.Alabas

The Beloved, The Esteemed
Years
Hm. Another Problem.

Originally Posted by -Hac*ker.
So instead of pointing it to @done (where it won't do anything) when the flag is set, I made it go to notdone when the flag isn't set.
I can't tell you why, but out of personal experience I can say that pointing to somewhere where it doesn't have to do anything, doesn't work (with me). I hope this helped you.

Okay, so I added the script you made. Maybe I'm just an idiot (that's probably the case, as we've already proven it), but something's still not working. It continues to switch back to the title screen, which obviously tells me that there's still something wrong with the ROM.

I might be compiling the ROM incorrectly? That is, I'm not following the right procedure? This is what I get when I click "view script" through AdvanceMap:

'---------------
#org 0x8007D7
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x201
if 0x1 call 0x12B5A6A
end

So then I follow that "call" offset . . . (which I didn't write in the script btw, so how did it get there?)

#org 0x12B5A6
warp4 0x19 0x0 0x78 0xF702 0xFF31
compare 0x4978 0x819
braille 0xE01C2201
checktrainerflag 0x24E
end

And I get that. I think this has gotten a little bit over my head. Can you tell me what I'm doing horribly wrong? Please, you can be harsh.

[I]-Hac*ker.

Touko Fan <3
Years
Okay, so I added the script you made. Maybe I'm just an idiot (that's probably the case, as we've already proven it), but something's still not working. It continues to switch back to the title screen, which obviously tells me that there's still something wrong with the ROM.

I might be compiling the ROM incorrectly? That is, I'm not following the right procedure? This is what I get when I click "view script" through AdvanceMap:

So then I follow that "call" offset . . . (which I didn't write in the script btw, so how did it get there?)

And I get that. I think this has gotten a little bit over my head. Can you tell me what I'm doing horribly wrong? Please, you can be harsh.

Hmm. That is strange. Have you tried getting a clean ROM and implementing it in there? Also, if it is a scripting tile, you have to put (in A-Map) the var number 5340 and the var value 0300.

The problem is it points to a part of the ROM that is already written and used in the ROM while you want it to execute the code you made. I don't think it's going to help, but you could try to change the pointers names to something else. But that won't work because I myself have used pointers like @1 and @move, and it worked.
So my best guess would be getting a clean ROM, and if that doesn't work, check if you have XSE v1,1,1 as I said earlier to someone else. With v1.0.1 I couldn't even get a talking script to work. You can view it by going to help --> info and then down right in the popup screen.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
If you really want script to "jump" into that location, then instead of "call" use "goto".
If you want something else, you might want to specify what that is =)
By the way Hacker, I have XSE 1.0.1 and it works just fine... though I'd like to see the link for 1.1.1 version =)

Last edited:

[I]-Hac*ker.

Touko Fan <3
Years
If you really want script to "jump" into that location, then instead of "call" use "goto".
If you want something else, you might want to specify what that is =)
By the way Hacker, I have XSE 1.0.1 and it works just fine... though I'd like to see the link for 1.1.1 version =)

Really? Weird...
When I had 1.0.1 a message script didn't even work. I can't find the link so I uploaded it. Here is the download link for XSE v1.1.1.

XSE v1.1.1

Off-Topic: @Ash493 Damn I like your avatar (=
Little Less Off-Topic: And, do you maybe know how to implement 2 level scripts in 1 map? I messed around with the dropdown list in the header view and such, no luck :( You're an experienced / advanced scripter, you have an idea? One is on entering, other is after trainerbattle.
Anyway Thanks.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
As for the question... I'm not experienced with level scripts that much (I need to practice more xD) but did you do adding like this?:
First script: script type: "On entering map...." and then offset with flag
Then add and put second script.
Second script: script type: "Validates value..."
Also you might find more answers here.

[I]-Hac*ker.

Touko Fan <3
Years
As for the question... I'm not experienced with level scripts that much (I need to practice more xD) but did you do adding like this?:
First script: script type: "On entering map...." and then offset with flag
Then add and put second script.
Second script: script type: "Validates value..."
Also you might find more answers here.
Okay thanks, Imma check it out, and I just followed the Diegoisawesome tutorial, which suggests only validates value...., but I tried on map entering etc, but it either did not work (other script got executed) or just a black screen on entering the map.

Off-Topic again:P : I checked the site out where your avatar was from (in your sig) and that's a cool site :) Lots of cool pictures and such.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Glad to be of help but I must say this...
The XSE in that link is not working... you see it does not have command.dat file that I presume is necessary... so I couldn't get it to work.
And I also googled like crazy but did not find any working link for 1.1.1 XSE...

[I]-Hac*ker.

Touko Fan <3
Years
You're right, there is no command.dat, and in the folder of my old XSE there is. But it's working with mine =O
I'm going to copy the commands.dat to my XSE v1.1.1 folder, see if it makes any difference. It is weird... maybe my pc is reeeeaaallly screwed up :P

timaeus222

Music Composer, Mixing/Mastering Engineer
Years
Is there a command that makes a person pause in the middle of a sentence? Like for example:

Sorry kid, I'm on the job, you know? [Pause]
I keep hearing that that dastardly [\n or \l]
Team Rocket got new Pokemon!

Last edited:

timaeus222

Years
When I mean a pause, I mean a natural pause, like when you're reading something and you reach a comma.

Masou Shoujo Haruna

Don't touch me, I'm sterile
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2011
When I mean a pause, I mean a natural pause, like when you're reading something and you reach a comma.

you mean \c\h08\h0X - Wait X ticks
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
msgbox @msg 0x2
end

#org @msg

= .\c\h08\h05.\c\h08\h05.\c\h08\h05 And thats how the cookie\ncrumbles.

timaeus222

Years
\c\h08\h05

I copied it exactly as it was, but after it compiled it became this:
\c\h08È

And there ended up being no pause.

EDIT: Never mind. 5 was just a really short pause. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mephodicus

Inventor
Years
Is there any way to change the battle music for certain trainers by scripting? Such as battling team aqua/magma, their music is different to normal trainer battles, however I would want to do this in Fire Red.

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
Years
Is there any way to change the battle music for certain trainers by scripting? Such as battling team aqua/magma, their music is different to normal trainer battles, however I would want to do this in Fire Red.

that is done with A-trainer if i remember rightly?

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
Can somebody write a script for me, I want to delete Oak out of the picture and have it so you pick up the pokedex just by clicking it, How do you do this?

g0ast

N0ob Hacker *_*
Years
Wow this helped me a lot. A month ago I was like: "I'll never learn how to script", and now I can do simple things but I'm learning quickly. Amazing tutorial.

xequiaz

Noopy Infinoopy ;3
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
I really thank you for this! Say, do you know what are the scripts for a roaming pokemon after you talk to them?

Also, is it possible to have a double battle for wild pokemon? I was kinda thinking of making one for Latios and Latias for a hack S:

Last edited:
Back