• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
2 quick questions...
1. How many Sinnoh Pokemon can I add to RSEFRLG (and which one can hold more? If any) and how do you do it?
2. How many Pokemon spaces are there in GSC that I can use to add Pokemon? Is there anyway I can, say, put a Latios in Crystal?

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2010
Sorry to bother the lot of you again but I really need help with this.

In XSE:
- How do you store a string to a variable? Is it as simple as e.g. setvar 0x4033 "String" ? I doubt that as I found no information whatsoever concerning this.
- How do you store the name of the first Pokemon in a team to a variable? (the name the trainer can choose to give, not the actual pokemon, mind you)
- Does comparing two strings work the same as if they were not (compare 0xvar1 0xvar2 | if 0x1 goto ...) or do I require an additional method?
- In the latter case, how would I go about that?

Or merged into a single question:
- In XSE, how can I check whether the nickname of the first pokemon in the player's team matches a customly set string?

Thanks in advance.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Why ASM?

You only need Item Editor+.

Follow my instructions.

Apparently, you need ASM. My old method freezes the game~

It involves changing feebas to evolve by item and copying the field value of an evolution stone to the item you want to use.

I still dunno how to make it stable.

Just copy the ASM of a fire stone or something onto red orb.

Here is how the items are layed out...

Spoiler:

Those bottom 17 bytes are where pointers to ASM may go...
SO, if you completely copy all 44 bytes of Fire Stone (Other than Fire Stone's index number... since that might glitch things having 2 items of the same number.) Then you'll have made ANOTHER evolution item.
At that point all you have to do is edit it to your liking.
It is best to just copy/overwrite these bytes while in a hex editor, since you can COMPLETELY rewrite the item.

For anyone wondering, you can get the Fire Stone's 44 bytes of data starting at the offset:
Fire Red - 0x3DC07C
(If you need it for some other game, it is not too hard to find, simply search for:
C0C3CCBF00CDCEC9C8BFFF000000, in a hex editor, you'll find it right away. (Since taht is the 14 bytes made of its name.)

If you wanted to replace the Red Orb, from Fire Red of course, Search:
CCBFBE00C9CCBCFF000000000000, in your hex editor. It will take you to the very beginning of the 44 bytes made up of Red Orb.

All you have to do at this point, is copy the 44 bytes from Fire Stone, and overwrite the ones for Red Orb!

Not that hard when I give you step by step instructions eh?

Now just open it up in an item editor, and change the index number to teh old one of Red Orb (276) And you are good to go! A fully working new evolution item! (Though you MIGHT wanna repoint the description... it would be weird having it be the same as Fire Stone.)

Happy Hacking!

Sorry to bother the lot of you again but I really need help with this.

In XSE:
- How do you store a string to a variable? Is it as simple as e.g. setvar 0x4033 "String" ? I doubt that as I found no information whatsoever concerning this.
- How do you store the name of the first Pokemon in a team to a variable? (the name the trainer can choose to give, not the actual pokemon, mind you)
- Does comparing two strings work the same as if they were not (compare 0xvar1 0xvar2 | if 0x1 goto ...) or do I require an additional method?
- In the latter case, how would I go about that?

Or merged into a single question:
- In XSE, how can I check whether the nickname of the first pokemon in the player's team matches a customly set string?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, you can't store strings with any scripting language other than ASM, you'll need to use ASM for it... I dunno how exactly though...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
How do you extend the PokeDex in FireRed? Also does anybody know of any tool that would let me modify the PokeDex?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
How do you extend the PokeDex in FireRed? Also does anybody know of any tool that would let me modify the PokeDex?

Team Snag'Em tools can modify the pokedex. Also, for your first question I don't believe you can extend the PokeDex in FR I don't know about HEX editing though.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Team Snag'Em tools can modify the pokedex. Also, for your first question I don't believe you can extend the PokeDex in FR I don't know about HEX editing though.
I already have that tool, it's pretty useful. I just found out that FR/LG does not actually have a separate Kanto Pokedex, it's that when you go select the Kanto Dex the game loads the National Dex, but a command tells it to stop displaying after #151.

So how would I make it so that the Kanto Pokedex displays up to #170?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
your a bit off ,its that when you set a flag the pokedex shows 1-150 then later another flag is set to make it show 1-360
some hacks just go to the second flag so in the beginning you automatically have 1-360
to make the first flag go from 1-170 that would take asm

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
your a bit off ,its that when you set a flag the pokedex shows 1-150 then later another flag is set to make it show 1-360
some hacks just go to the second flag so in the beginning you automatically have 1-360
to make the first flag go from 1-170 that would take asm
Asm? Also I hope you meant 1-386. What's "asm"?

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
i asked this a while back, no1 answered so here it is again.

Does anyone know how to assign a battle music to a trainer class?(the one that plays when fighting, not the intro.

TheDon

Shedinja Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018
i asked this a while back, no1 answered so here it is again.

Does anyone know how to assign a battle music to a trainer class?(the one that plays when fighting, not the intro.

Advanced Trainer. I'm sure you can find it in the Toolbox forum somewhere. There's an option in it where you can change the music. IDK if you can assign the ENTIRE class of trainers with one change, but it's possible to do it individually, at least.

Years
Can you put a tile script on top of another tile script in Advance map and have them both work? I tried this and the first tile script works but after that when the right flag is set and I step on it again, the second tile script doesnt activate at all. Does anybody know why this is?

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
Advanced Trainer. I'm sure you can find it in the Toolbox forum somewhere. There's an option in it where you can change the music. IDK if you can assign the ENTIRE class of trainers with one change, but it's possible to do it individually, at least.

it changes only the intro music

Years
Does anybody know how I can put this kingdra in front of the pokemon text?
262np81.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
No. Advance Trainer only changes intro music, it can't change the actual battle music.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2009
I can't edit the text in a FireRed ROM using AdvanceText. I even redownloaded and extracted it, but it still doesn't display any text.

TheDon

Shedinja Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018
Is there a program that finds free flags in RSE, or even FR/LG? I looked in the toolbox and didn't find one, but I just wanna make sure if there is one or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back