• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
"Really? Good work, TrueStriker. Sending an image now...we can definitely use the help."

Hanso sighed, receiving Guardia's image without needing to think about it. "More like stupid and reckless, if you ask me," he replied. They would know soon enough...at least, they'd know what Hanso decided to tell them.

The Gallade walked over to a nearby building, ignoring his surroundings and somehow being ignored, and leaned against the wall. He concentrated on the image that Guardia had sent him, focusing his energy to teleport. Hanso appeared a few steps away from Guardia, Zane, and the others. "Might as well tell you now," he started, his breath a bit heavy as he turned to Zane. "Ended up fighting Sovereign, kept him occupied, until he...lost control. You can see one of the results here." Hanso tried to keep his voice neutral, even as he kept his gaze away from his broken arm. "Saved by a Blaziken that did something to knock Sovereign unconscious. Like I said, he's down, or was when I left, but nowhere near dead."
Hanso knew he wasn't telling the entire story, but the others didn't need to know at the moment that Sovereign had one, maybe two other minds stuck in his head. Nor was Hanso ready yet to admit why he'd left the main battle in the first place.

Hanso turned his head to look at the Aerodactyls. I still have one working arm... Yet his only true ranged attack was Future Sight, which took a few minutes to hit. He would have to get quite close in order to use his arm-blade, but he wouldn't be in his right mind to do that right now.
Speaking of which... "How'd he go crazy this time?" Hanso asked, jerking his head at Penance.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Defender' Malum​

Penance just cocked his head as Guardia began to attack the ancients. He shook his head with a sigh, "Not gonna kill the salad with forks! You need fire! Big fire!" He giggled. Suddenly a familiar Bisharp and Scrafty appeared and Penance chuckled, "Vigie! Bad apples all over! Pick and sort them!" He said with a firm nod as he crossed his arms and looked up at the skies with a strange look in his eyes before lifting a hand up and firing a series of Water Pulses into the air that flew right at a Aerodactyl and splattered against the rock type with efficiency. The winged ancient fell as Penance yawned, "Same same same. Too boring." He muttered as he sat down and watched the Hyper Beams hitting the city with discontent in his eyes.

TrueStriker appeared in a few seconds and as he talked to the others Penance made sure to let out a very loud and noticeable yawn. Apparently the information he relayed didn't seem to be very interesting to the Golduck in his present state of mind. Although, when he did comment on Penance the Golduck quickly jumped up onto his feet and glared at the Gallade and stomped over and reached out to poke him in the chest.

"Not crazy! See different, yes! Seeing so much more than you ever see! Yeah, you didn't catch the scent or the pertocus!" He spat at him as he turned away and crossed his arms with a scowl. "Besides, won't matter at any point now! Lost of roses going to bloom today." He muttered darkly. "Best thing to do is run. Lost is this... rose town." He shivered a bit as he had to say that word again.

"So lost, what to gain but more roses right? Unless, you triple by staying here." He said as he turned to the others. "Going with who we get, you don't have to calculate roses. Stay, and do the pointless things and you make more burst open. You choose Vigie." He said with a meek shrug.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Albia

"More like stupid and reckless, if you ask me," Replied TrueStriker.

"Reckless, huh? Sounds a bit like you." Guardia teased mildly. A few seconds later, he appeared before them.

"Might as well tell you now," he started, his breath a bit heavy as he turned to Zane. "Ended up fighting Sovereign, kept him occupied, until he...lost control. You can see one of the results here." Hanso tried to keep his voice neutral, even as he kept his gaze away from his broken arm. Zane looked at the arm worriedly. It was clearly broken, and that might have even been an understatement. They would have to have the new Gold Tribe Healer look at it. "Saved by a Blaziken that did something to knock Sovereign unconscious. Like I said, he's down, or was when I left, but nowhere near dead."

"Well, at least you're all right...more or less." Zane said, adding an encouraging smile for the joke at the end. Zane looked around. "So, any of you know what in the world that large explosion was?"

Guardia's eyes fell to the ground, before she turned her attention to another Aerodactyl. She fired another jolt of Thunder from the sky. Zane could tell she was trying to postpone having to give an answer. "...Calamity." She said finally. The one name was enough for Zane to know what it meant. He looked off to the area where the fight with Ignitus once was held. He didn't say anything more on the subject. They would get there chance later. At least, he hoped they would. Zane took down an Aerodactyl with a Thunder Wave, moving in and finishing it off close range once it was on the ground.

"How'd he go crazy this time?" TrueStriker asked them, motioning to Defender with his head. Guardia shook her head in response.

"Don't know. He just started doing it while we were fighting Ignitus." She said, charging up another Thunder, and releasing it at an Aerodactyl. Defender, who before this didn't seem at all interested in the conversations at hand, suddenly jerked up in response, adding his own take to his condition, as well as the state of Albia, at least that's what Zane believed he was referring to.

It was strange, but as Zane had been hanging around this Defender more often, he almost felt as if he was beginning to understand what he was saying. He believed he was saying that they should run from the city, abandon it before more died. At least, that's what it felt like he was saying. Zane didn't know how to bring him out of his state now to find out otherwise, and the imminent threat of the destruction of the city was more pressing than Defender's condition.

"We stay and protect Albia, Defender. We take it back. If we don't, any citizen still in the city will perish. And even if all of them left, Albia was once home to many of these soldiers. General Hazone and Sword and Shield were born here as well. Do we really leave it to destruction? I certainly won't."

Zane looked up to the skies. Aerodactyl still flooded everywhere, but many Alpha Alliance flying Pokemon have stepped in and slowly began picking them off. If the rate continues, they could very well prevent all of the city from being destroyed, but it would still have high casualties. He went back into action, eager to see this done, no matter the cost. General Belas, who had been commanding from not too far away, approached the Gold Tribe.

"Ah! Noble Gold Tribe. Excellent to see you still fighting the good fight!"

"How're evacuations going, General?" Zane asked.

"Quite well! We've sent off most civilians from their homes. We don't think we can get to everyone, but it should be alright..."

Guardia stopped attacking another Ancient and turned to the General. "Should be alright? Are you kidding me?"

"Now now, don'-" Belas began, interrupted again by Guardia.

"It's not alright! Citizens are dying here! They're losing their homes every second. Destruction is happening all around! We've got to stop this!"

"It's all right, Guardi-"

"IT'S NOT ALRIGHT! We can't lose this! We were supposed to protect them! We're supposed to protect the cities! Instead, we're letting them all BURN!" As she said this, she let out a large Thunder in the area, sparks of the attack flying all over the place, hitting mostly Ancients, but a few of them shocking some of the Gold Tribe around.

"CALM DOWN!" Belas bellowed, shaking her until she stopped. "We've got it under control. The Ancients won't be in the city for long, I wager."

Zane gave Belas an raise of his eyebrow. "What did you do?"

"Ah, well, actually this time, I'd have to give the credit over to someone else. You remember your friend you rescued in the torturehouse, Kivir Sveenis? Well, while in Shine City, he hatched a plan..."

***​

Gallant was intercepted by an Archeops, being propelled through the air against its own behest, being thrown at the Sawk by her powers. He managed to kick the beast out of his way, causing him to land in a position. The Siren, who had planned the Sawk's landing, prepared an attack for him, and launched the thunderbolt right at him. For a second time, he was shot directly by the Sentinel and flung backwards. This time, however, he didn't have the strength to stand immediately back up. The wear of the battle and the injuries that it causes him were catching up to him. He lay there, motionless and unable to defend himself again. With no one around to help, he knew what this had meant.

Or so he assumed. An unlikely figure emerged onto the rooftop where the battle had been going on, and approached the Siren. It was Sentry of the Sentinels. "Siren. Auron's ordered the retreat of the armies and the Sentinels immediately. It's time to go."

In a similar instant on another part of the city, The Inferno appeared before Sovereign. "Auron has commanded the immediate removal of our forces here. We have something urgent to attend to."

Frost scurried through the city, killing Alpha Alliance soldiers as they passed her by the dozens, still angry that she lost not one, but three Gold Tribe prey in the battle. The familiar but unpleasant appearance of Scar of the Sentinels further made her angry, knowing whatever his reason for tracking her down, it couldn't be good.

"Frost. Time to go. We're needed somewhere fast."

"...Are you joking? We're not done here. Look how much more devastation we can cause!"

"We are leaving, Frost."

"No! I refuse. I'm not running again like in Eternity! I let too many of those Gold maggots get away!"

Scar crossed his arms, tilting his head to one side. "You are disobey an order from Auron? Do you have any idea what he will do to you?"

Frost gritted her teeth. She knew what the risks were if she disobeyed. She sighed. "...Fine. Lead the way." Scar nodded, and proceeded outwards. Frost began following sulkily, but turned back to where major fighting had been occurring. In the midst of the fighting, she believed she spotted someone familiar. She took one more look at Scar, who was continuing onwards out of the city. She knew the risks. But right now, she didn't care. She had a score to settle with the Gold Tribe.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
In all honesty, Jirmonji didn't know what the hell was going on. He noticed a one of his sisters talking to the generals, Vigil, a Gallade, and the Golduck talking, and Bloodthirster. It wasn't that hard to see a dragon as large as hell. He flew beyond the AA army and set down the Pichu. "Stay here. I'll come back as soon as I can." The baby pokemon nodded, still terrified. The Swift flew off breaking the sonicboom once again, the loud boom echoing throughout the building.

As he entered the wreck of what had been Albia. I'm not even sure it's worth it to take the city. I think we should just rescue the citizens and leave this place to burn...Jirmonji saw something worth seeing...Sentinels gathering in one spot surrounding Gallant. That meant nothing but trouble! Brother! NO! The Swift would've flown down to fight them all if he were strong enough, though he knew that he couldn't take all of them on, much less one. While he was watching them, he noticed one in particular: Sentry. "Damned traitor!" He had known the Scizor before he turned. He had been a good friend, but that had all changed when he became corrupted. I have to report to Vigil! He flew down to the trio of Gold Tribe members and began to fight off surrounding Ancients. "Vigil, the Sentinels are gathering. Something isn't right!"

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sovereign & Vera

"Auron has commanded the immediate removal of our forces here. We have something urgent to attend to." Sovereign was surprised to see Inferno so soon. "Urgent, huh? Alright then. We were just on our way out," Sovereign said as he began walking away, Vera following close by. "We just got one last thing to do. I'm gonna tear a hole through this city. You won't even be able to recognize it. I'll meet up with the others once I make it out of the city." Sovereign and Vera stopped and glanced at each other.

They both took off running quite abruptly. Sovereign charged straight at the nearest building, plowing clean through it. Vera was moving much faster, strafing buildings with her Blaze Kick. Eventually, they made it to the edge of the city. As they looked back on the trail of destruction they had left, a sense of relief came over them. But it was also accompanied by a strange sense of foreboding. "Let's call it a tie," said Vera. "Agreed," Sovereign replied.

Vera watched as her childhood home went up in flames. For most people, this would be a reason to cry. For Vera, it was a joyous occasion. Albia now resembled what she always saw it as. Hell.

Last edited:

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso was somewhat startled when Penance abruptly got up and began talking, after poking the Gallade in the chest. "Not crazy! See different, yes! Seeing so much more than you ever see! Yeah, you didn't catch the scent or the pertocus!" He spat at Hanso, who stood silently, as he turned away and crossed his arms. "Besides, won't matter at any point now! Lost of roses going to bloom today." He muttered darkly. "Best thing to do is run. Lost is this... rose town."

Hanso wiped the spit off with his good hand, watching the Golduck intently. He was willing to forget the action, but he really wanted to know why Penance acted this way. "See different, yes! Seeing so much more than you ever see!" What meaning was there in that statement? Perhaps a deeper look into his mind might be warranted...

"So lost, what to gain but more roses right? Unless, you triple by staying here." He said as he turned to the others. "Going with who we get, you don't have to calculate roses. Stay, and do the pointless things and you make more burst open. You choose Vigie."

Hanso turned back to watching the Aerodactyls as the conversation continued. He lifted his good hand and concentrated on making a ball of energy. It was weak, but he sent it off anyways, to hit an Aerodactyl a minute later. Penance was acting as if he was crazy, yet Zane's reply to the Golduck made Hanso wonder what he wasn't "seeing." Hanso noted Belas' approach, yet he kept most of his attention on the Aerodactyls in the distance. Once he saw one waver from an unseen attack, he brought his hand up again and began another Future Sight attack, seeing it--

"IT'S NOT ALRIGHT!" Hanso's concentration broke, and the weak ball of energy flew off in a random direction, away from the group. He didn't know where it would hit. "We can't lose this! We were supposed to protect them! We're supposed to protect the cities! Instead, we're letting them all BURN!" As Lyn said this, she let out a large Thunder in the area, sparks of the attack flying all over the place. A couple landed on Hanso, making him flinch and step back.

"CALM DOWN!" Belas bellowed, shaking her until she stopped. "We've got it under control. The Ancients won't be in the city for long, I wager."

Zane gave Belas an raise of his eyebrow. "What did you do?"

"Ah, well, actually this time, I'd have to give the credit over to someone else. You remember your friend you rescued in the torturehouse, Kivir Sveenis? Well, while in Shine City, he hatched a plan..."

The Breloom? That just brought that particular mystery back up, Hanso thought. He kept silent, since he felt they would learn the plan's effects soon enough, whether Belas explained or not.

Just then, a Scizor landed near the Gold Tribe. Hanso's good arm-blade sprung out before he noticed the newcomer's emblem. "Vigil, the Sentinels are gathering. Something isn't right!"

He saw the Sentinels? Hanso took a few steps closer before asking the Scizor, "Which ones?"

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Genevieve L'esprit

Finally the little whelp would meet the death he so rightly deserved. The Sawk was prone, he lay unable to get up as quickly as he had the time before. A vicious grin made its way across Genevieve's mouth, she was going to enjoy this.

"Siren," her title being called out gave her pause. Who would dare interrupt her in the middle of her triumph? She turned to face the unwelcome intruder, her previous devious joy replaced by disappointment. "Auron's ordered the retreat of the armies and the sentinels immediately. It's time to go," Sentry's voice carried over to her ears, aggravation and displeasure flared from within her belly. Couldn't he have waited a few more minutes? Didn't he see she was in the middle of something?

"Your timing is as inconvenient as possible," she called out to him. "Can't you see I was entertaining company?" Her arm outstretched in the direction of Gallant as she spoke. No matter what she said, it didn't matter. It wasn't Sentry she feared, no, it was Auron. She knew better than to disobey one of his commands. "Fine, leave me. I find your presence insufferable." She turned her attention away from the Scizor, back to the Sawk. "We'll have to postpone this, my dear." Tilting her head into a small nod, an informal bidding of farewell, she walked away toward the fringes of the city. The satisfactory destruction rained down around her as she strolled.

Either by fear or intelligent choice, she encountered no assault from enemies on her way. Two figures were perceivable in the distance. "So he survived after all?" She thought to herself. Sovereign and the repugnant little Blaziken Vera. Approaching the two, she looked up at Sovereign and cleared her throat, her voice taking on a forced and imitated sincerity. "Thank you so much, Sovereign. I hope that Gallade wasn't too much trouble for you, you saved my life," she spoke up to him. Lifting herself in the air, she planted a soft kiss on his hard cheek. Giving Vera a knowing wink as she let herself back down.

"I guess we should be leaving, Auron is waiting."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Penance just frowned at Vigil. He just sighed and looked up once more as the others released their own attacks, although when the Generals arrived Penance had to giggle as Guardia went into her own rage. She didn't understand, none of them did. The rose town was lost ages before! All too clear to see! Although, his thought process didn't last for too long as electricity flew out from Guardia and struck Penance. The Golduck grunted as his mind once more fell out of its hazy nature. He shook his head and looked around a bit confused. He quickly looked around the area to see destruction. He opened his mouth to speak, but then that Scizor from before flew down to them and suddenly Penance was left with more answers than questions. What had happened? Wait... this had happened twice already, which meant.... c**p.

He thought he had gotten over it! It had been so long! He looked around at the others real quick before he cast his glance down at the ground. If he was like this, then the others knew already, and if they knew then it was all the more dangerous for him! He just had to play it cool from now on, act like what was happening was not new to him. As long as he stayed calm he would be alright.

He had heard about that Breloom from before doing a plan of some kind. It could save their skins then. He could also jump right in and advise the General himself, but he didn't want to draw anymore attention. He just had to keep calm, stay in the background for now, and find a safe spot and try and fix himself once more. Simple really. For now, he would be silent and just go along with whatever the group decided.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Albia

"Ancients, hear me!" Scar shouted through the city. "We move out of the city immediately. Retreat! Retreat!" He yelled. The Ancients slowly began to stop fighting Alpha Alliance soldiers. Those who were tasked with destroying Albia promptly stopped. One by one, Ancients began leaving Albia behind. Alpha Alliance soldiers began to slowly realize one by one what was going on, and before long, they cries and shouts of joys rang through the city streets. The Silver Tribe had retreated. The Alpha Alliance had won. Yet in their victory, the Alpha Alliance still found a large portion of their city in rubble. Thankfully, not all of it was destroyed. But there would have to be a lot of work in rebuilding one day.

Meanwhile, as the Ancients retreated, the Sentinels gathered at the edge of the city. The Inferno and Sentry came first, followed by Scar, Genevieve, and Sovereign.

"I guess we should be leaving, Auron is waiting." The Siren said. Sentry looked among the others. "We are missing one. Where is Frost?" He asked. Scar, who was supposed to bring her back, looked around in search of her, before sighing and placing his palm into his face.

"...We go on without her. Come, we must hurry. The Alpha Alliance were attempting to cut off our exits. Should we have stayed any longer, we would have had no exit available. Luckily, a scout picked up the secondary army, and we have a path away."

***​

"Vigil, the Sentinels are gathering. Something isn't right!" The Swift said to him as he rushed forward to them. Zane was immediately on alert, as were the others.

"Which ones?" TrueStriker asked, but before anyone could answer, Belas interrupted.

"Relax." He said. "Look!" He pointed at the Ancients, seeing them retreat out of the city. They were all leaving, and the Alpha Alliance soldiers had already begun their screams in celebrationg. "The Sentinels were probably regrouping to retreat together. They're leaving. We have won!"

Zane immediately sighed in relief. All of the stress of battle passed over him, and replacing it was joy, but also pain. His body ached. Still, it was a great day.

"As I was saying, Kivir hatched a plan in case something like this happened. To avoid a complete war, and save many lives, he came up with the idea of having a secondary army position itself just at the edge of the other side of Eden Forest. They would get intentionally spotted by a scout, and be reported to the Silver Tribe. That way, the Silver Tribe would know that if they don't retreat soon, they would be surrounded, and would have to fight to the bitter end. Of course, we didn't have the number to have a secondary army in that location, so Kivir decided to make the army out of an illusion created by a team of Zoroarks. It was a gamble, but it looks like we were right in placing our trust in him. We fooled them."

Zane smiled. He knew that Kivir had been capable of making some good plans in the past, but this one was probably his best yet. A few more Gold Tribe members, who had been fighting in some of the areas close by, came over next to the others, including Sword and Shield and Dryad. Noctus arrived as well. This surprised Zane. He never expected Noctus to be such a capable fighter, but he had been holding on pretty well.

"Brothers! Sisters!" A voice yelled behind Zane. He turned to see Gallant, damaged and bruised, but still standing. He crossed his arms on his chest and looked over the Gold Tribe in front of him. He nodded proudly at them, happy to see how they performed on the battle. For most of the Gold Tribe there, he had a hand in training them when they were in schools. He could begin to express in words how proud he had become of all of them and their actions. To see them alive made him ever happier. Of course, being the proud veteran he was, he would never have said any of this to them out loud. He always he his own, special way of showing his affection for his students.

"Not bad." He said to them, and that was enough. To Zane it was, because he knew how much more it was. "Not bad at a-"

Gallant had no chance to finish his sentence, as a blue beam shot at him from behind, and pierced right through him from the stomach. He shot through the air, and landed a few meters in front of Zane and the others. Zane's expression immediately changed from happiness to horror. He ran to Gallant's body, and dropped to his knees.

"Gallant!" He yelled at him. "Gallant...stay with me, brother. You're going to be alright....you're going to be alright!" He told him, but the wound looked bad. Gallant grabbed a hold of Zane's hand, and tried to whisper something to him, but he didn't have the energy. Zane leaned in closer, trying to hear what he was trying to say, but couldn't, and a moment later, Gallant stopped struggling, and lay there motionless.

Loud giggling filled the area as Zane looked up to the area where Gallant had just fallen. The laughter came from there, and Zane saw the source. Frost emerged, a malevolent grin on her face. "Finally got one of you." She said casually. "You have no idea how long it took for me to get him. But I always get my prey in the end. Always."

Zane stood up, casting one last look at Gallant by his feet, and then angrily stared at Frost.

"Oh? You want to fight me too? You have no idea what you're messing with. Don't you know who I am? I am FROST!" Just as she shouted her name, the skies became darker, and Hail began to fall harshly from it across the battlefield. Zane could feel it as it roughly collided with his body, but he would not be deterred.

"You think you can beat me?!" Frost shouted behind them, the hail now increasing around them. "You think ANYONE of you can beat me?! I am Frost, the leader of the Sentinels! I am Auron's voice, and his will! In one fight now, I will destroy the remains of the Gold Tribe forever, and Auron will reward me beyond my dreams! Come on, Gold Tribe. Today is your annihilation, and I am the instrument of your armageddon!"

Hail fell faster and harder from the skies. It collided with the ground at harsh speeds. Frost began to control the ice around, slowly brewing an attack from the hail. She laughed loudly.

Zane turned back to the others. He stared at them, his expression both with anger, sadness and determination mixed together into one look. He tried to put aside any aching he had at watching his teacher die right in front of him. If he was to be their leader, he had to show a strong face, no matter what. It is what Rey would have done. "We've come this far. But we have to go a bit further now. Come on, brothers and sisters. We've got one fight left in Albia."

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Ragnaros 'Bloodthirster' Phylax

Ragnaros turned back to look at the Absol that stood againist Ignitus as he was flying towards the city. Before he could wonder what that fool was thinking, the explosion erupted right in front of his eyes. He stopped still mid air, staring at the majestic view.

"I guess that's the last we'll see of Calamity," he muttered to himself. "That was such a waste."

The Salamence jerked his head towards the Aerodactyls he had noticed, not far from his location. The crowd Ancients were destroying the city with their hyper beams; he stood immovable for a second, then charged towards them. As he fell upon them, he tasted blood once again, starting tearing them up with brutal force. But they were simply too many, and although they had not seem to notice him, he was unable to deal with that many Ancients; he witnessed Albia below him being destructed. Right then, the Ancients retreated, all out of a sudden. Bloodthirster scanned the ground, searching for his allies. Clouds gathering all around, dense hail started falling from the sky right onto his wings. He hated hail, but it wasn't something he could not bear.

Ragnaros spotted the golden flash of Vigil's body on the ground and dove towards that direction. The body of a Sawk, presumably Gallant's, was besides Vigil and the others... but they weren't alone. Frost was there, and it seemed as if they would fight be fighting her. Great! I couldn't use my flamethrower with all these stupid ancients!, he thought and as he landed next to Vigil.

"We've come this far," said Vigil, "but we have to go a bit further now. Come on, brothers and sisters. We've got one fight left in Albia."

Bloodthirster tilted his head in both directions, readying the flames that were burning inside him. He faced Frost fearlessly, even though he was at a massive type disadvantage. What he had learned from the academy was enough for him to survive.

"I bet you'll still want a promotion after we rub your face on the ground," he shouted through the sound of the falling hail. Knowing Frost, that would be a fine taunt to make her lose control. Without waiting her response, Bloodthirster opened his mouth wide and
unleashed a massive stream of fire that gradually became a cone of hellish flames towards the Sentinel.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sovereign & Vera

As Genevieve planted a kiss on Sovereign's cheek, he was strange and conflicting emotions. He was certainly pleased that she had made it out of the city safely, but there was something strange. Like a distant voice yelling at him that he couldn't quite make out.

Vera watched in silence as her friend continued to be strung along, but payed no mind to it. This was a joyous day indeed, why not let Sovereign enjoy himself?

All the Sentinels had gathered, except- "Where is Frost?" asked Sentry. "She is nothing but a coward. She can't hope to take all of them on. She will retreat when she realizes it's hopeless, just like a coward," Sovereign said. "Where are we going then?"

Deep in the subconscious mind, a blue crystal is floating. A lone Larvitar is resting in the safety of the cold blue glow. Just outside the light, monsters can be seen, only their eyes and teeth reflected by the glow as they hide in the darkness. Among them, a familiar face, yelling at the top of his lungs, trying desperately to get a message through, but failing. He tries to push through the light, but it sears his skin. The crystal flickers a moment. It won't last forever...

Last edited:

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso watched as all the Ancients in sight began retreating; he heard the cries of celebration from the Alpha Alliance soldiers. "As I was saying," Belas continued, "Kivir hatched a plan in case something like this happened. To avoid a complete war, and save many lives, he came up with the idea of having a secondary army position itself just at the edge of the other side of Eden Forest. They would get intentionally spotted by a scout, and be reported to the Silver Tribe. That way, the Silver Tribe would know that if they don't retreat soon, they would be surrounded, and would have to fight to the bitter end. Of course, we didn't have the number to have a secondary army in that location, so Kivir decided to make the army out of an illusion created by a team of Zoroarks. It was a gamble, but it looks like we were right in placing our trust in him. We fooled them."

Hanso nodded to himself. For someone who, far as he knew, wasn't a member of the Gold Tribe, Kivir was exceptional. So why, then, did the Breloom not try to join the Gold Tribe?

"Brothers! Sisters!" A voice yelled. Hanso turned and immediately stood to attention. It was Gallant, one of his past teacheres, damaged and bruised, but still standing. He crossed his arms on his chest and looked over the Gold Tribe in front of him. He nodded proudly at them.

"Not bad." He said to them. "Not bad at a-"

Hanso's good arm-blade sprung out as Gallant was hit by a blue beam from behind. He turned his attention immediately to the source as Zane ran to the Sawk. Except...there was no one there that he could see. Trouble trouble trouble! Either the attacker had dodged out of sight, or... Wait. Had that been an Ice Beam?

Hanso's faint suspicion was confirmed as giggling filled the area. When the Froslass appeared, all his attention centered on her. Frost! From what he knew and had heard, she had led the attack on Shine City and, if he had his facts right, was the main advocate for the torturehouses.

"Finally got one of you," Frost said casually. "You have no idea how long it took for me to get him. But I always get my prey in the end. Always."

One of which Hanso had been trapped in before the jailbreak. He began edging toward the front of the group. As he did so, Hanso sent a telepathic message to the Blissey, Healer: "You should get ready to do some healing. Even if you're Gold Tribe and can fight, we have more fighters than healers."

"Oh? You want to fight me too? You have no idea what you're messing with. Don't you know who I am? I am FROST!" Just as she shouted her name, the skies became darker, and Hail began to fall harshly from it across the battlefield. Hanso winced slightly as it hit, but he held up his good hand, beginning to concentrate.

"You think you can beat me?!" Frost shouted behind them, the hail now increasing around them. "You think ANYONE of you can beat me?! I am Frost, the leader of the Sentinels! I am Auron's voice, and his will! In one fight now, I will destroy the remains of the Gold Tribe forever, and Auron will reward me beyond my dreams! Come on, Gold Tribe. Today is your annihilation, and I am the instrument of your armageddon!"

Hail fell faster and harder from the skies. It collided with the ground at harsh speeds. Frost began to control the ice around, slowly brewing an attack from the hail. She laughed loudly.

Zane turned back to the others. He stared at them, his expression both with anger, sadness and determination mixed together into one look. Hanso noted Ragnaros' arrival; they could use all the firepower they could get. He continued concentrating on forming a ball of energy with his hand. He felt a little angry at Frost for leading the destruction of Shine City, but that in itself wasn't important. He felt more angry that Frost had wanted torturehouses built. They were worse than death, and he had been too close to ending his own life in one.

Zane finally spoke. "We've come this far. But we have to go a bit further now. Come on, brothers and sisters. We've got one fight left in Albia."

Another thought occurred to Hanso. For all he knew, his sister could have been captured and tortured as well. The Gallade's eyes burned with anger as his ball of energy swelled bigger. He was close to forgetting most of his recent injuries and exhaustion.

"I bet you'll still want a promotion after we rub your face on the ground," Ragnaros shouted at Frost. Without waiting, he released a massive stream of fire at the Froslass. Hanso glanced down at his Future Sight attack; it had grown to full strength. He released it, pushed it, into the sky with the image of Frost being hit a few minutes later.

Actually, Hanso thought, if anyone would know of all Gold Tribe prisoners in the torturehouses, Frost would. The angry, irrational part of his mind pushed it out of his mind; it reasoned that Frost should perish for creating such abominations that the torturehouses were. Not to mention she's ready to get rid of us right now...

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
"Not bad. Not bad at a-" Gallant fell dead right before their eyes.

The Swift felt as if the Ice Beam had struck him instead. "DAMN YOU!" He saw the Gallade approaching the Froslass. She was taunting them with little ice pebbles! "With Arceus as my witness, we WILL kill you!" He shouted aloud. Jirmonji approached the Gallade, ever staring at Frost. "Brother, we must avenge our comrade. I say we both rush her on three. You take the right and I will take the left. What say you?" He wasn't sure if the Gallade was up to this, but he knew that he might invoke a response from the weathered warrior. "We might stand a chance if we both surprise her with our strongest melee attacks."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Penance for once had to thank Arceus that someone other than himself had come up with a well thought out plan. At least the pressure wouldn't be on him anymore. Much better for his health actually. A good long time without having to apply a plan or such would make this pass faster. He just had to stay in the background for just a bit longer was all. Then, it all went to hell. First, Gallant was down and then Frost was there, standing smugly. Penance really wasn't sure how to feel. He knew he was angry, sad, and probably lots of other stuff, but anger couldn't cloud his mind now. It seemed his plan making had to continue on.

The others were already acting, but still, they needed to be of one mind.

"Bloodthrister, give us support up there! Circle around her now and don't stop! Healer, keep us on our feet! Vigil, Guardia, Speculum with me. Truestriker, Hoodhide, Swift, flank her. Keep your distance and spread out!"

Penance knew his water attacks wouldn't affect her that much, so instead he focused on using his psychic powers to grab hold of some gravel from the nearby destroyed buildings and threw it at her. "Frost, either surrender or we will kill you like Ignitus!" He shouted at her. Perhaps the call for surrender wasn't exactly to see her live, but to know what she had seen. For some time this query of why the Sentinels were born rang in Penance's head. He needed to know what had happened.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Albia

Healer immediately went to Gallant's side and began to try to heal him. Meanwhile, Bloodthirster and Speculum made their way to the area. Speculum immediately got a feel for the situation after seeing Healer next to Gallant and prepared to fight.

"I bet you'll still want a promotion after we rub your face on the ground," Ragnaros said, and then opened his mouth wide and unleashed a massive stream of fire that gradually became a cone of hellish flames towards Frost. The Sentinel almost gracefully seemed to avoid most of the flames by backing away at a distance, but for the ones that couldn't be avoided, she positioned her arms and quelled them with an ice beam. The cool attack caused steam to erupt from the remnants of the attack. Frost giggled again.

Defender immediately began shouting out tactics. Zane noted that he had somehow returned back to normal. He didn't even catch when it happened.

"Bloodthrister, give us support up there! Circle around her now and don't stop! Healer, keep us on our feet! Vigil, Guardia, Speculum with me. Truestriker, Hoodhide, Swift, flank her. Keep your distance and spread out!"

Zane, Guardia, and Speculum encircled her like he asked, close to the Golduck. Hoodhide went with Swift and TrueStriker on the other flank. Sword and Shield stood firm in front of Frost, angry at her latest action. They all were. Defender used his psychic energy to throw some gravel at Frost. But Frost was quick, and sidestepped the attack so naturally, it almost felt like she didn't use much motion or energy to do so.

"Frost, either surrender or we will kill you like Ignitus!" Defender said. Frost titled her head at Defender and began to laugh again.

"You? Kill Ignitus? That's not what I heard. I heard you couldn't beat her, and your last resort was to sacrifice your own Absol to take her out. Haha..."

Zane's eyes opened wide and he looked back at Guardia. "...Is it true? Calamity?" He asked her. Guardia merely put her head down for a moment, averting his gaze. Zane turned back to Frost. It kept getting worse and worse. How many more of them would fall before this was all done, he wondered?

"And if it took you so much to defeat my junior in power and skill, what makes you think I'd surrender now? No, no. Don't be mistaken. You may have the numbers, but you don't have the advantage!"

Frost lifted her hands in the air. Ice and Hail began to fall at a rapid pace all around the area, crushing through the roofs of homes and hitting Pokemon nearby. Then, the ice began to pick up in speed and quantity. The entire area was being transformed into a frozen landscape, and then suddenly, a massive Blizzard began to form, and launch at the Gold Tribe nearby.

"THERE'S MY ANSWER!"

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Penance backed away a bit. Calamity... dead!? No... he just saw him a little while ago. But that meant... crud. Don't dwell on it, don't dwell on it. It would just make things much worse and he couldn't black out again, not now. The others needed him. The hail picked up and Defender had to shield his head as the ice slammed into his limbs and abdomen. This was not good. Frost was very powerful, he knew that much but other than that he really didn't know that much about her.

He also didn't have time to think either as a huge Blizzard attack came right at them. He looked to the side. He didn't have enough time to run to the side and get out of attack range, so he would just have to brace himself. And thus he did. The cold winds hit right into him and coupled with the hail, he was already pretty damaged. They had to act fast or retreat, either way, there would be casualties.

"Those who know fire attacks, lay them on her now! Hoodhide, Truestriker, hit her hard with some fighting attack! Keep her distracted! Bloodthirster-!" And then an idea dawned on Penance. They had come here in the sewers. The sewers were all underneath the city, scattered about. If they could....

"Bloodthirster! Hit the ground with some attacks! Sword and Shield, weaken the ground also! Don't let up and don't stop at any cost!"

Penance had to shout over the sound of hail, but if the others heard and his plan did work, then they could get some significant factors out of the way.

"Everyone else, distract her!" He shouted as he once more grabbed rubble with his confusion attack and flung pieces at the Ice-type.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso didn't look away from Frost as the Scizor spoke to him. "Brother, we must avenge our comrade. I say we both rush her on three. You take the right and I will take the left. What say you?"
And I think I'm reckless... Hanso didn't say anything.
"We might stand a chance if we both surprise her with our strongest melee attacks."
Still, if his left arm hadn't been broken by Sovereign, Hanso may have gone right ahead with the Scizor's plan. Thinking about it, it seemed irrational to just assume that Hanso's sister had been captured and tortured, but he still didn't know what had happened to her after Shine City's defeat.

When did the normal Penance come back? Regardless, Hanso went along with Hoodhide and Swift to flank the Froslass, who dodged or blocked attacks almost effortlessly. The Hail was still falling, which hurt Hanso's broken arm more than anything else. Very inconvenient timing... He couldn't send another Future Sight attack until the first one hit, and he could use only one arm-blade for melee attacks.

"Frost, either surrender or we will kill you like Ignitus!" Defender said. Frost tilted her head at Defender and began to laugh again.
When will a Sentinel ever surrender, Penance? Hanso thought; he kept it to himself.

"You? Kill Ignitus? That's not what I heard. I heard you couldn't beat her, and your last resort was to sacrifice your own Absol to take her out. Haha..."

Hanso stopped moving, his gray eye twitching. The events of the day were all shaping his mood: the way Genevieve had unsettled him; being a little freaked out by the episode with Sovereign, who'd also broken his arm; Frost's backstab attack on Gallant.

"And if it took you so much to defeat my junior in power and skill, what makes you think I'd surrender now? No, no. Don't be mistaken. You may have the numbers, but you don't have the advantage!"

Even now, Frost was taunting them, whether there was any truth in it or not. Hanso's good arm-blade began glowing black.

Frost lifted her hands in the air. Ice and Hail began to fall at a rapid pace all around the area, crushing through the roofs of homes and hitting Pokemon nearby. Then, the ice began to pick up in speed and quantity. The entire area was being transformed into a frozen landscape, and then suddenly, a massive Blizzard began to form, and launch at the Gold Tribe nearby.

"THERE'S MY ANSWER!"

Hanso immediately teleported to a spot in front of Frost and swung a Night Slash at her face, then disappeared to another place to her right and swung another Night Slash at her before teleporting back to his place in the circle around the Sentinel. Both attacks had been at their usual, full strength; Hanso forgot to feel any pain from earlier injuries other than his arm.

"Those who know fire attacks, lay them on her now! Hoodhide, Truestriker, hit her hard with some fighting attack! Keep her distracted! Bloodthirster-!"

Hanso made a quick, but weak, ball of light blue energy and sent the Heal Pulse to the Pokemon nearest him, Swift, as Penance spoke again.

"Bloodthirster! Hit the ground with some attacks! Sword and Shield, weaken the ground also! Don't let up and don't stop at any cost! Everyone else, distract her!"

The ground? That's the planning Golduck we need, not the half-crazy one. Hanso's arm-blade glowed black again, and he created several illusions of himself and sent them against Frost, two or three at a time. After the first five or so, Hanso teleported to a place behind the Froslass and swung at her with his Night Slash.

On top of everything else, he still felt anger, more about the whole concept of torture that Frost had brought to Valkaria. Hanso used that anger to fuel his attacks. He teleported to the other side of Frost and swung again, then to another spot to her left and swung again. Hanso did this three more times before teleporting to a place several yards away. His broken arm was beating with pain, but he tried to ignore it. I'll have it tended later. After this...abomination, is dead.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years

"Frost, either surrender or we will kill you like Ignitus!"

"THERE'S MY ANSWER!"

Those who know fire attacks, lay them on her now! Hoodhide, Truestriker, hit her hard with some fighting attack! Keep her distracted! Bloodthirster-!"

"Bloodthirster! Hit the ground with some attacks! Sword and Shield, weaken the ground also! Don't let up and don't stop at any cost! Everyone else, distract her!"

The Swift was healed slightly by the Gallade. It was obvious he was injured. The lizzard was devastating the battlefield, and the Golduck was barking out orders to the rest of the Gold Tribe. "Distractions? Is that all? Well prepare for the best distraction you have yet to see!" He thought it was a little arrogant, but it was true. He was great at distracting the enemy. Jirmonji began flew at the Froslass at light speed and hit Frost with multiple volleys of Bullet Punches then flew off. He realized what that explosion was moments ago when he remembered sacrificing their own Absol. He destroyed himself to save us..."Damn you!" The rage filled his body and he flew at the ice-type with the most powerful Metal Claw he could muster. "Taste my claw!"

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Plains of Valkaria

"She is nothing but a coward. She can't hope to take all of them on. She will retreat when she realizes it's hopeless, just like a coward," Sovereign said. Sentry silently mulled the words. He never thought much of any of the other Sentinels personally. They were all just partners along with him, colleagues of equal standing to him. Faceless in a way. Some of the others decided to get closer to each other, but Sentry kept a distance. Still, he couldn't help but think how stupid Frost was being, staying behind like that, ignoring a direct order from Auron. It wasn't something she would normally do, which is why he found it particularly curious. "Where are we going then?" Sovereign asked.

"We head for the pass between Eden Forest and the Korhal Mountains. If we're lucky, the Alpha Alliance armies didn't block off the area yet, so we'd have a path back before they block it. If they did block it, we break our way through with the remainder of the Ancient armies. Once through, we'll go to Silver City to see Lord Auron, and see what commands he has for us." Scar of the Sentinels said. Sentry looked at Scar for a moment in silence. He knew the Alpha Alliance numbers. They had their entire force in Albia. There was no way they could have mustered an entire second force to block off the Silver Tribe's path back. But Sentry kept his mouth shut for now. He would figure out what was happening later on.

"If there is another army waiting, you all best be ready." Scar said. "We should be in the spot in a few hours."

***​

Everyone braced themselves for the Blizzard attack. Guardia and Zane both pushed their arms upwards to block the deadly frost, but still felt the immense cold rush their bodies. Hoodhide was taken off his feet momentarily by the sheer cold and winds of the attack, and damaged by it while on the ground. Sword and Shield, while feeling much of the effect, held his ground, though seemed a bit shaky. Speculum suffered a set of ice shots towards his body from the attack, not being able to properly defend himself from an attack that seemed to hit everywhere.

"Those who know fire attacks, lay them on her now! Hoodhide, Truestriker, hit her hard with some fighting attack! Keep her distracted! Bloodthirster-!"

Hoodhide picked himself off the ground and charged forward with a Hi Jump Kick. The Swift launched a Bullet Punch at this moment as well, and TrueStriker teleported in with a Night Slash. Zane used this moment to jump at her with an Aerial Ace. Frost acted quickly. She sidestepped Hoodhide's attack, sending him crashing behind her. He averted Swift's Bullet Punches, as well, stepping out of the way, keeping he distance. As TrueStriker's Night Slash came at her, she shot an Ice Beam to meet it, the two attacks colliding before the Ice overpowered the other attack. Luckily, TrueStriker teleported before the Ice Beam hit him. Zane, who came in with an Aerial Ace at the end, saw that Frost had no place to run from the attack. He smashed right on top of her, smiling as he did, but his smile dropped as he saw her intercept his arms with her own, effectively blocking the attack. She then sent a Confuse Ray right toward Zane, flinging him back. Zane landed on the ground, and as he rose, he could feel his entire head spinning, unable to get control. He couldn't tell what was happening anywhere, only that Defender began once more to give orders.

Sword and Shield, confusedly, did as he was asked. He targeted the ground, wondering what the Golduck had planned. The Gold Tribe went in for a second round of hits. The Swift went in with a Metal Claw. Frost saw this first hit as a bigger threat, and effectively put up her hands as a shield formed from a Protect, stopping the attack. Frost noticed something with TrueStriker as he teleported in with a second set of Night Slashes. She had a knack for finding a person's weak spots, broken bones, and other wounded areas by their expressions and tendencies. It's what she did best. She noticed him favoring one of his arms more than the other, believing the other was damaged, and she saw reason to exploit that. TrueStriker disappeared after summoning another set of Night Slashes, which Frost tried to avoid, only to see Guardia and Speculum come in with their own attacks, while Defender flung more rubble with his confusion. Seeing that she couldn't block all of them, she decided to fend off the closest ones first, until she noticed yet another attack approaching, this one coming in the form of a Future Sight.

Frost cursed under her breath and put up her Protect, which was enough to fend off the Psychic attack, but after it fell, the other attacks were all game. Guardia got in a single slash on Frost's shoulder, while Speculum managed to get a Leaf Blade onto her back. A couple of Night Slashes hit Frost on the side from TrueStriker as well. Frost took them all, appearing to be shaken a bit but then quickly retaliated. She launched an Ominous Wind on Speculum, and then struck Guardia with an Ice Beam. When she saw TrueStriker appear for another set of Night Slashes, she targeted him specifically with an Ice Beam, targeting his arm in particular. At the culmination of these attacks, she powered up again, increasing the hail and ice in the area, and then launching another devastating Blizzard at everyone in the area. Everyone seemed to be a target, and no matter how far someone tried to go to keep their distance, nobody was safe.

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Genevieve L'esprit

Genevieve listened to the other sentinels talk, they did seem to love doing that. Granted, Genevieve loves to hear the sound of her voice, but only if it served a purpose. Sovereign gave some offhand remark about Frost being a coward. Why were beings so caught up in being labeled as a coward or being brave? It truly stupefied her as to this fixation. Better to be a coward than dead. Honor means nothing in a grave, you can't take it with you. Just another forgotten warrior with a heroic last stand. What Frost really was, above all else, was a fool.

She simply rolled her eyes at the thought. She loved killing Gold Tribe members as much as the next Pokemon, but she wasn't going to inconvenience herself. No, it was always better when the prey comes to you, just begging to be slaughtered. As if they were on their hands and knees imploring you to end their pitiful existence, it was always that much sweeter. A good hunter searches, a great hunter waits for the weak ones to split off from the herd, and the best hunters bait.

Quickly losing interest in the mindless dribble of the others, her attention was fixated on the sky above. So beautiful, the way the light rays of the sun scatter and paint the atmosphere like a massive stretched canvas. Each little nuance and hue perfect in its own way. Any thoughts that could be had ran through her head, anything to distract her from having to associate with the others. Scar had said something about heading through the pass between Eden forest and Korhal mountains. Oh joy.

At least at the end of all this, she got to be back in Silver City. At least some form of civilization awaited her. A chance to lick her wounds, recover, think. Her thoughts went back to the Gallade from earlier, he was a looker. Maybe there was one in a torture house that she could "borrow" the company of? Where was the fun in that however? No, the other one seemed much more fun. The one called "TrueStriker". His mental presence was still fresh in her mind, the way he secured the communication channel she had hacked. Her mind wondered offhand if they could speak with this distance between them, surely for two psychic types it wouldn't be that hard. How much fun would it be to try and corrupt him, or maybe just play a little? Her face took on an unexpected smile and glow, she would definitely have to try later.

The hours that this journey would take would be spent in a useful manner after all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back