The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 19th, 2014, 02:53 AM
jan2prado
Eat, Sleep, Repeat!

Nature: Calm
Congrats on HOTY Sideshow Showcase.. You really deserve it.. =)
Old March 20th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
No that was my review for this hack if i find it bad cant i post my opinion?

And why delete my post i see negative posts like "this hack sucks" not getting deleted while i explained why this hack is bad yet it got deleted

I feel like im forced to post only positive reviews here

Last edited by Hound of Justice; March 20th, 2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old March 20th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Mochorro

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElitePokes View Post

And why delete my post i see negative posts like "this hack sucks" not getting deleted while i explained why this hack is bad yet it got deleted

And why is it bad? It's a Sideshow Showcase hack, made with the same story as FireRed, but focusing on battles, and it's great on that. It also implements abilities, Pokemon and moves from later gens.

And well, changing Pokémon abilities and stats makes the game more unique, what you wrote wasn't a review, you just said it was bad because it changes stats and you don't like that, and that's not a review. For me changing stats is nice as long as it isn't crazy and improves weak Pokémon. It creates new strategies for those Pokémon and it also makes battling in this game different. And if you think it's easy, try beating the Elite4 a second time, that is really really hard.

Also I recommend training Jynx in this game, you get it as a Smoochum at Cerulean via trade, and Jynx is a powerhouse that levels up quickly. Getting Yanmega was also nice but it turned out to be a bit weak by the end of the game.

A challenging Pokémon Black hack!

Hacks I support:
Pokémon Victory Fire, Pokémon Snakewood, Pokémon Dark Energy, Pokémon Adventure: Red Story, Pokémon Adventure: Green Chapter, Pokémon RD LoG, and Pokémon Resolute Version.

Last edited by Mochorro; March 21st, 2014 at 02:14 AM.
Old March 20th, 2014, 04:26 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:

There is a HUGE difference between saying "This hack is a waste of time, it sucks" and giving constructive criticism on how to make it better. Your post was essentially being a complete jerk to doesnt. Instead, why not say, "Hey look man, I wish this hack was a little harder. I didn't feel much of a challenge." Notice how he gets the same point that you were trying to make, but it actually might have an effect because you were kind to him.

Paired with Simba
Old March 21st, 2014, 05:32 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

I also said in my deleted post that there are like 20 other hard difficulty patches for firered i only posted that because a user called Hinkage said that theres no originality in hacks anymore but he likes this hack which should be unoriginal if done thousands times before by same kind of hacks right?

Last edited by Hound of Justice; March 21st, 2014 at 06:12 AM.
Old March 21st, 2014, 09:20 AM
daniilS
busy trying to do stuff not done yet

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
I also said in my deleted post that there are like 20 other hard difficulty patches for firered i only posted that because a user called Hinkage said that theres no originality in hacks anymore but he likes this hack which should be unoriginal if done thousands times before by same kind of hacks right?
Maybe there's a reason this hack is called "Yet Another Fire Red Hack"?

Thanks to JPAN, Jambo51, Shiny Quagsire and knizz for teaching me almost everything I know about hacking, through tutorials or in person.
Old March 27th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Gigabeat
Professionals and all.

Nature: Bold
Hey, just wanted to say this is a great hack, and to drop some questions.

First off, seeing that you've removed Sevii Islands and the like, where have you moved breeding post game? Or is it not in this patch?

Second thing, if you apply the hard patch which disregards EVs and apply the normal patch again, do the EVs reset?

Also, if I try to open the sav file in A-Save, an error comes up: "Index is bound outside the array". Do you have any idea how to fix that, or is it incompatible? Thanks!

“We do have a lot in common.
The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
Maybe if we started looking at
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

― Meowth

*~Ghost Type Fan Club~*
'Cause Normals can't touch Specials.

Last edited by Gigabeat; March 27th, 2014 at 12:56 AM.
Old March 27th, 2014, 05:37 AM
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigabeat View Post
Hey, just wanted to say this is a great hack, and to drop some questions.

First off, seeing that you've removed Sevii Islands and the like, where have you moved breeding post game? Or is it not in this patch?

Second thing, if you apply the hard patch which disregards EVs and apply the normal patch again, do the EVs reset?

Also, if I try to open the sav file in A-Save, an error comes up: "Index is bound outside the array". Do you have any idea how to fix that, or is it incompatible? Thanks!
Firstly, there's no breeding. There's a few other things I'd have to fix to get that to work- egg groups and egg moves are all over the place so you'd get silly things like Shift Gear Torchic (if Smeargle can still breed with it anyway).

Secondly, no if I'm reading that right- Hard doesn't suppress your EVs, it just prevents you from gaining any. A team moving from Hard to Normal will still have it rough as they don't have any EVs, but they'll start gaining them- likewise a team moving from Normal to Hard will have it easy at first since they've brought over EVs. That said, the difficulty patches were meant to be played from start to finish- if you play Hard using a fully EV'd team it kinda defeats the point.

I wouldn't apply the main patch to a rom with the hard patch, if that's what you're asking- that will get you a weird inconsistent fusion of Normal and Hard where you can't use most items but do gain EVs, except for when you arbitrarily don't because of data lining up with vanilla.

With regard to the third issue, I've never used A-Save so I have no idea. My best guess is that it doesn't like the new hold items- try getting rid of those on a backup save and see what it says.

Yet Another Fire Red Hack

Physical/Special Split
Old March 29th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Hound of Justice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniilS View Post
Maybe there's a reason this hack is called "Yet Another Fire Red Hack"?
How can this hack be called original then as it was by a certain member of PC
Old April 3rd, 2014, 12:23 PM
Langdon

Yo where is Clefairy? Mount Moon has onix timburr and gligar only.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 01:11 PM
Mr155555

Nature: Adamant
there is no clefairies in this game don't even think you can find it
Old April 3rd, 2014, 01:11 PM
Langdon

Damn that sucks, ok thanks anyway
Old April 12th, 2014, 10:31 AM
dealric

Three things:
1. Actually im not sure what should i do after beating elite four for the first time. What is the progress then?
2. Keeping relatively low number of pokemons, making them all playable, adding all new moves, special/phisical etc is amazing. That are things that pretty much all hacks should have.
3. Id love if this was a little higher caped. Like going from 3-4 lvl higher at Brock up to about 10+ higher on second time elite four in not hard version.
Old April 13th, 2014, 08:07 AM
vidarg88

Great game!
Just wondering where can i find sneasel and thunderstone?
Old April 14th, 2014, 01:10 AM
dealric

You know you have textfile with all the locations in rar file...
Old April 23rd, 2014, 05:44 PM
AnarchyKnife

WOWOWOWOWOW, THIS HACK LOOKS AMAZING!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltsas View Post
The rematch champion in this version is like unbeatable^^ My team consists of Golurk, Alakazam, Lucario, Weavile, Giratina(cuz of the level.I don't like legendaries in my team^^) and a Larvesta which i'm training with exp share.I reached champion once and defeated like 3 of his pokemon but it's too difficult^^
TBH using legendaries is kinda cheap so I avoid it. I used a Latios on my Liquid Crystal run but I shortly deposited it - I used it as a temp - when I found out I could catch Gengar in Lavender Town.

Last edited by hashtag; April 24th, 2014 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Please don't double post
Old May 1st, 2014, 03:04 AM
lukasz_pro
Saiyan Prince

Nature: Hardy
can i ask why u removed Sevii Islands ?
Old May 4th, 2014, 07:16 PM
The Void
Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate

Nature: Calm
Is it possible to explore the Sevii Islands after?
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:59 PM
marc1234
Conquest MODE

Is CEDRIC a pokemon in the game? Where can I find it?
Old May 8th, 2014, 05:46 AM
blackmamba2469

Do you have a list of all the pokemon in this game? I just downloaded it and was curious as to what I could get
Old May 13th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Five-Gate Omega

This looks like a good hack but, I can't play it on my android phone?

I downloaded it and when I went to play it on my emulator it said unrecognized gba file.

The Emulator I use is MyBoy. Can someone help me here? I would like to try this hack.
Old June 4th, 2014, 05:46 PM
alaneapen

Is there any way to remove set mode and change pokemon in beta 6. Does shellder have both Icicle spear and skill link in this hack.
Old June 10th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Bryanpiuma

Uh.... Ive already beat the elite four, but i didnt found the macho brace. Anyone knows where i can find it?
Old June 19th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Mcguinness3
AnimeFreak and Pokélover.

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanpiuma View Post
Uh.... Ive already beat the elite four, but i didnt found the macho brace. Anyone knows where i can find it?
There's a lady in Vermilion who usually gives your the VS Seeker, who instead gives you the Macho Brace.

Sponsored Links