• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Electric Pokemon Did You Use?

Which Electric Pokemon Did You Use?

• Luxray

Votes: 92 64.3%
  • Raichu

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Electivire

Votes: 16 11.2%
  • Other (Please list)

Votes: 27 18.9%

• Total voters
Years
I saw shinx in the anime and thought it was adorable so I picked it up the first time I played. I thought it was an electric/dark type all the way up until the elite four XD (it was my first playthrough of a pokemon game!)

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
I saw shinx in the anime and thought it was adorable so I picked it up the first time I played. I thought it was an electric/dark type all the way up until the elite four XD (it was my first playthrough of a pokemon game!)

I'll admit that I fell for this too.

It may only be their colour scheme, but it is definitely suited for a Dark/Electric type. I had realised this by the time that my Shinx had finally evolved into Luxray, but I was convinced that it was also a Dark type.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Like almost everyone, I used Luxray... I absolutely needed an electric-type Pokémon for my team, and cute little Shinx were everywhere around.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2012
I used Luxray in Pearl and am using Ampharos in SS (which I still haven't finished :c). I'd like to switch Ampharos out, but it's quite late in the game and I would have to train another one all over again. It's quite slow, really, and it doesn't have as large a movepool as I had hoped.

Turbo_Dee

DisrespectDead
Years
When I'm going through games I like to use Pokemon I've never used before to fill in any voids in my team. So for DPPt, I used a Luxray and for HGSS I used Ampharos. They both have their good and bad points, and ultimately they fall behind my personal favourite, Jolteon. I've used quite a large number of electrics in the games, as I usually always take quite a fancy to them.

Good points for Luxray are his decent attack and he looks brilliant. Oh, and when we're not busy battling extremely weak and vulnerable wild pokemon, I like to take him out on walks near Mt. Coronet. Herbert, that's his name, likes to eat the yellow snow I leave behind and he's smashing at chasing after various thrown objects. Bad points are his lack of a decent electric physical move. Thunder fang looks good, and probably really hurts, but it's weak and diminishes in use as the game goes on. He also doesn't like it when I try to plug electrical appliances into him to charge. Come on, Herbert! We're stuck up a snowy mountain and my Poketch is dead. We both know he's capable, he just turns into a bit of a diva at these points and usually wanders off, ignoring my shouts and obscenities.

I mentioned Ampharos earlier, so good points. Well, he's an adorable sheep that's realised the dream of being able to function on only two legs. What an achievement for something so fluffy! Decent special attacks and moves to utilise this. Also incredibly useful for exploring and catching with thunder wave and flash. Even if I was a little disappointed after I yelled 'Use Flash!' the first time. Bad points are that he's slower than a week in jail. I mean, that is really slow. I don't mean one of those cushy detention centres either. I'm talking about 'soap heavy' jails. Ones with freakishly high hygiene standards and shower usage. He can't even play fetch.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Electivire. Its still in my team, just cuz i found it so cool. IMO outclassed luxray, but i used luxray for story. found him kinda useless tho.... although, his design looked cool :)

Years
I caught a Shinx as soon as I found one, mostly because I like Luxray's design and I was quite satisfied with it.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
i used raichu for most of it but once i got an arceus i gave him a zap plate i still keep that raichu around for non legendary battles

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Luxray, because Shinx is so gdfsdfoh adorable and it's available in the very beginning of the game.

Years
Electric is one of those types that I rarely use in my games. I can't say as I ever remember using an Electric type while playing Platinum, and I only managed to train my Mareep into a Flaaffy before it got put in the PC around the 3rd Gym.

Years
If I use an electric type in Diamond it's usually the Shinx line or occasionally something I trade over.

I don't usually use electric types in SS tbh.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2012
I used Luxary, I named him Bolt. If i could find a Jolteon i would pick him! he learns Shadow Ball and that is awesome, right?

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2012
I would prever Luxray than the others but overall I like Rotom

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Magnezone is so awesome. Ever since it was introduced, I've tried to have one in every team since. I had one in Platinum and another one in SoulSilver. I never had any affection for the Magnemite line until Magnezone... mainly due to its insane Special Attack, but it also looks so much sleeker and cooler than its predecessors as well. It's one of my favourite Pokemon because of how good it is in-game.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
I'd use Jolteon because it is fast, strong and cool at the same time. Also it has an awesome move-set. I'd have to say there can't be a better Electric-Type than Jolteon. But yeah, that's just my opinion.

LinooneFriend

Pokefriend
Years
I don't usually use electric types because my first Pokemon was Piplup. I don't end up liking things when they beat up Pips. However, There was a problem and I had to restart my platinum game and I ended up using a Luxray on my team. I've also used an Ampharos and a Raichu in HeartGold. I also taught my linoone thundershock. Linoonachu!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Pachirisu. It's too cute and its stats/moves are decent enough to be used in battle. To me, atleast; I found Charm+Super Fang+Grass Knot+Thunder(while holding Wide Lens) to be very effective.

Edit: I forgot to mention my Ampharos in SoulSilver. It's also cute and decent for battle. Cotton Spore+Light Screen+Signal Beam+Discharge has gotten me through the game so far(and even helped me with Red so mine's staying).

Last edited:
Back