• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I remember getting the shiny Mew upon seeing one of the films in the cinema... and that might have actually been my first card. I was never a big fan of the TCG, so it definitely might have been my first one. Kinda cool, I guess!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Exact same situation, Scarf haha. I do occasionally play it with a friend or his younger sister, though. Everyone else I know hates it or doesn't want to bother learning how. Or I just never see them.

Years
Yeah, some people just don't like games. I have a lot that only a small number of people I know know how to play and even then I don't get the chance to play them much.

I traded the Magneton away, but kept the Magnemite.
Er... no. I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7402155&postcount=1609

Oh yeah I remember my first ever booster pack of Pokemon cards. Me and my bro each got a pack and I pulled a Magnemite and a holofoil Magneton with an electric energy too! But because I was such a scrub I traded that Magneton for an uncommon Pidgeotto. But it's good in a way to get ripped off when you're a kid, cause I learnt quick about the way of the hustler and how not to get hustled rofl.

oh this is true haha, sorry drakow!
I don't remember ever buying cards, I found/stole/got them lol. well the only ones I ever bought were these really big packs with a theme and all.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I had some Pokemon cards, they're long gone though( I gave them away) I dont remember what exactly they were.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
The first pokemon card I ever had was a Tangela. True story.

A friend also gave me a bunch of his pokemon cards when I was like 11 or 12. That was fun, because he had some pretty good ones (He wouldn't give up the Charizard though)

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I'm pretty sure the first card I got was the card you received from buying a vhs copy of the first Pokemon movie. Pretty sure it was Mewtwo but it's been so long that I barely remember it.

It's also the only one I ever had. And the only one I ever lost.

I remember having a huge deck of cards (at least 400) and I lost all of them. They might still be somewhere in my house but I haven't seen them since the 3rd grade. I quit buying cards after that.

Honest

Hi!
Years
You know what I had that I'm really upset I lost?

A holographic Obelisk the Tormentor. Although it had the blue back... that made it legit, right? I'm clueless on that stuff.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I have around 200 cards, I think. :? But they just sit there. I stopped bothering to waste my money on them. Most were given to me, though.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
You know what I had that I'm really upset I lost?

A holographic Obelisk the Tormentor. Although it had the blue back... that made it legit, right? I'm clueless on that stuff.

I think so. The blue one I think is also illegal for tournaments.

I remember being a huge fan of Yu-Gi-Oh. I would waste $10-20 a week trying to get a rare card and I rarely ever got one.

Years
Yeah that old school Obelisk is illegal but there is a legal version of the card now.

ObelisktheTormentor-BP01-EN-SFR-1E.png

It was used in tournament play for a short while as well but it doesn't really see any competitive use atm as far as I know.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
trying to get a rare card and I rarely ever got one.
This part made me laugh.

I'm completely clueless with stuff involving Yu-Gi-Oh. I actually had to repeatedly look at the above post to even write the name haha.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
That legal version is completely awesome, I love the new look. Are their slifer and Ra ones? As for rare cards, I would spend 10 bucks a month to buy them one by one individually. Ended up with most of em in a couple of years, and had a lot of em from booster packs. Always was lucky, I had a feel for em. Also, I do NOT approve of the title, those kind of things kill people, families, and destroy middle Earth's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back