• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Bleach is great and I've never seen Fairy Tail, nor do I wish to know about Farty Tail.

Fairy Tail is fantastic. I'd really recommend it. That, s well as Magi, Claymore, 7 Seeds, Tower of God (which is a Korean web comic read left to right), as well as One Piece, Popcorn Avatar, Ao No Exorcist (or Blue Exorcist). I read like, ten more than that, as well. :'D

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Bleach was good until it got bogged down with fillers and every fight started taking 20 episodes to finish. Got kind of old.

Code Geass is incredible...I really need to finish it. Kind of stopped watching anime again. >_>

Years
Fairy Tail? I'll stick with actual fairy tales like Snow White and Red Riding Hood. I'm too out of touch with current anime to get into some of these newer series.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I actually never got into Code Geass all that well... Anything that wants to keep the plot mysterious to keep the viewers guessing really shouldn't rely on mystical powers that the viewers cannot possibly understand to plot twist. Oh so convenient that the character's power suddenly [spoiler tag]. Of course it works as a plot twist cause how are we supposed to know that it can do that >_<; Deus-ex-machina not appreciated for a reason!

It started off pretty well explaining the powers to the viewers so that you can understand it, but near the end it just.... =(

This doesn't apply to only Code Geass, but really any forms of media that tries to use an exciting plot to keep the viewers guessing.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Literally the only anime I've watched in it's entirety is Dragon Ball Z :(

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
List of anime I have seen all episodes of: Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist (original only), FLCL, Samurai Champloo, steins;gate and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Of those, Bebop is undoubtedly the best.

And maybe this is just me coming from too much of a Western background, but anything where a fight scene takes more than an episode just seems horribly superfluous to me...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I always mix up Code Geass and Code Lyoko in my head so I always have an automatic "ew, that show?" moment when people mention it.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I always mix up Code Geass and Code Lyoko in my head so I always have an automatic "ew, that show?" moment when people mention it.

....TOUJ I HAD IMAGES OF CODE LYOKO IN MY HEAD WHEN PEOPLE WERE MENTIONING CODE GEASS AND I WAS JUDGING THEM SO HARD

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I really didn't understand anything about that show, not in the slightest. One episode, they were running away from some goo or something? I don't remember, I just remember turning on the PS2 and playing Burnout, lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I don't remember much about it either, but I remember watching it a lot and thinking it was really cool and interesting.

I also remember playing Burnout. That game was fun.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I just remember that they had massive heads and tiny necks or something. I never actually watched it, the art style was too weird for me.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I just remember Nica having a million Aelita themes and references 6 years ago or so.

Idk, never watched that. I spent all my interest on Codename KND and Scooby Doo.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
I loved Code Lyoko from what I can remember of it from my childhood. I didn't particularly watch an entire season as the broadcasting of the show was very sporadic, but I did pop in and out of episodes when they were shown. One thing I particularly liked about the show (was is an anime or a cartoon? I don't remember enough to distinguish) was the art style. It was very unique compared to what was on television at that time.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I just remember Nica having a million Aelita themes and references 6 years ago or so.

Idk, never watched that. I spent all my interest on Codename KND and Scooby Doo.

Scooby <3
My favorite version of Scooby Doo is the version where the theme song is recorded by Simple Plan, lol. Probably because it was the version my generation grew up with, but even now, the corny plots still seem so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back