• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Well, its the weekend, most people have quite a bit of free time.

I've restarted Emerald in order to SR for Torchic, done about 2 hours solid so I average that out to be about 500 resets, no luck as of yet.

Going to let my DS recharge then I'll play Diamond for a bit, see if I can get some luck there.

I'm about to start the cards now, so I'll edit this post when they are done.

Good luck all.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, its the weekend, most people have quite a bit of free time.

I've restarted Emerald in order to SR for Torchic, done about 2 hours solid so I average that out to be about 500 resets, no luck as of yet.
I don't mean to cause a conflict, but...Yami, doing 500 soft resets for Torchic in only 2 hours is defintely impossible. You'd have to do at least 4 soft resets a minute consistently for two hours. The most you can do for Torchic in a minute is 3.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
How can you SR for 12 hours? I never have enough time for that much.

Did a little bit of Sring for Heatran. But no luck. I don't get enough time to look properly.

I mean absolutely no offense by this, but is possible the D_S just has a lot of free time on his hands.

Lol exactly, Saturday's for me are completely free for the most part. SR from 2PM till 2AM and its probably somewhat less than 12 hours since I stopped when I was eating and for bathroom breaks. I might've stayed up till 4 AM as I have sometimes but there was nothing on TV and I was really sleepy xD

I don't mean to cause a conflict, but...Yami, doing 500 soft resets for Torchic in only 2 hours is defintely impossible. You'd have to do at least 4 soft resets a minute consistently for two hours. The most you can do for Torchic in a minute is 3.

I bet yami's just wildly estimating how much he's done or maybe he means 500 overall if he's hunted it on another game before or whatever :P Anyways Still SRing for heatran. SPPf hasn't worked for me all weekend xD Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Well, I averaged each reset to be about 15 seconds so I though that would be roughly 4 per minute, and I did reset constantly for two hours without a break, and for about 20 minutes last night.

Bare in mind the key word in my earlier post was "about" I didn't mean it was insanely accurate.

Done most of the cards now, but taking a break as... well it gets boring and DragonKing's card will take me at least half an hour, so yeah :]

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
Years
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't posted in a while; work's been keeping me busy. So I haven't been shiny hunting in while either. :( So nothing new for me....

Brawl - Congrats on finally getting shiny Latias. I bet you did one hell of a happy dance when you caught her. :)

Tortera defender - Congrats on your shiny Venomoth. The shinys that you aren't looking specificaly for are always the best to find.

VenomX - Congrats on your shiny Flaafy.

Good luck on your hunts everyone.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Clicky

I've finally managed to get my Free DS Lite and it should be delivered on Friday if all goes to plan.

So, because of this I'm going to try my hardest to get Torchic before then, after which I can finally play Diamond in its full screen glory and chain properly. Good thing I have a lot of free time this week then :x

Good luck all.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
Well after a year of not playing Emerald, I started it back up and caught all the Hoenn guys, so I'll be SRing for Entei and Cyndaquil now.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Sorry bout that Yami, Hope the card isn't too much trouble. I would have SRed for shinies this weekend, but I've been slammed with homework, helping friends with their FF games and my own games. Hope to finish one tonight so I can SR for Gira tomorrow. Good Luck on your hunts.

Jirachi Trainer

Training for Skill
Years
Hiya guys. Been a while, I've been busy doing coursework during the summer holidays and now that i'm back at school it has doubled :(... but I have good news :). I have a shiny gyarados on FR *yays*. Took me a while to find the magikarp but it was worth it. I gave up on porygon because it was boring really, lol.
Well done to anyone with new shinies. Anyway, I am hoping to talk a bit more often than normal (once every month or so, lol.). Anyways, sys guys.

J.T.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
I've been away all weekend and haven't been able to hunt much.
Still no luck with Eevee, my chains are breaking a lot easier lately. >.<

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
ok ok i want to have a clean slate of what ive done ok.ill tell im sorry for the crap thats in my head but if you were in my spot at that time and saw what i didnt and the blurry writing and the way he said it there is a 89% chance you would have done it too. please forgive me and to even show my sorriness if im able ill post some screenshots and misiterperating word so u can do the same to me.once again please forgive the crap that came out of my mouth and onto the keyboard.

p.s.on main topic no shinies.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Hey all. 5th Day of hunting Heatran. Did about 3 hours today so far. Someone on Sppf Got a shiny Heatran yesterday after hunting it for one day x___x This has just lit a fire under me and stoked a burning desire to get it now. Must get Heatran... Done some Srs for the genetic freak, Mewtwo as well but no luck with that either xD Swarm today was drowzee, I might chain that later to avenge the one my sister Ko'd in silver (she didn't know what shinies were) but don't feel like leaving Heatran for that. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Yeah, it really does suck when people get the shiny you've been hunting for faster than you...

*recalls multiple occasions of people getting shiny Latias' within a few days*

Just stick to it, though, you'll get it eventually, D_S.

This week doesn't look so good for me, shiny hunting wise, so I won't be able to soft reset THAT much. What time I do have to soft reset will be spent on Turtwig and Bulbasaur, so I'm hoping to get one (or both) of them soon...that would probably be the only thing that would make this week better anyways. *sighs*

Good luck, everyone.

BlazikenMaster2000

Blaziken Master
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2008
Ok. I really wanted to get into this club, so i lied to all of you. If you look in my sig, you will see one of my new shiny pokemon that i got from my new pearl game. But the only shiny pokemon I have are:
sneasal(don't really like it because it is a female, wanted a male)
chimchar(got from proffesser rowan)
eevee(breeded, finally evolved into umbreon)
beedril(got from the forest after you get your starter in leafgreen)
magby(stark mountain with leafgreen inserted, is now magmar)
So please let me talk and be in this club.

The other pokemon i stated are from YATES(got for trading him some breeded pokemon, weird)and traded from other people. I never used an action reply code or gameshark(i don't even own one of them).

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
You have quite the collection, BlazikenMaster, so I don't see why you lied to us in the first place. But, can you tell us exactly how you got your shinies? For example, how many Chimchar (approximately) did it take for you to get a shiny one? What day did you catch it on? What about their natures and stats?

I decided to take Suicune and Lugia out of my sig because, in all honesty...I'm not hunting for them at all, even when I "do" have some time to. It's just a waste of space, really. I return to them eventually, but for now, I'll putting them on hold.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Yeah, it really does suck when people get the shiny you've been hunting for faster than you...

*recalls multiple occasions of people getting shiny Latias' within a few days*

Just stick to it, though, you'll get it eventually, D_S.

This week doesn't look so good for me, shiny hunting wise, so I won't be able to soft reset THAT much. What time I do have to soft reset will be spent on Turtwig and Bulbasaur, so I'm hoping to get one (or both) of them soon...that would probably be the only thing that would make this week better anyways. *sighs*

Good luck, everyone.

Thanks for the encouragement Brawl :) Lol least I wasn't one of those people who got latias in a few days. My Latias took me 46 days If I recall correctly. Heh wish some of the older hunters that were around back then, like SS, were still around to see you finally reach your Goal of Latias :) Anyways good luck with turtwig.

Lol BlazikenMaster what were you lying about? the amount of shinies you had?
Just saw your edit, don't see why you had to lie about the others when you have a good amount of your own shinies to begin with. Some are pretty nice too like chimchar, but like Brawl said, some details would be great :)

BlazikenMaster2000

Blaziken Master
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 7, 2008
You have quite the collection, BlazikenMaster, so I don't see why you lied to us in the first place. But, can you tell us exactly how you got your shinies? For example, how many Chimchar (approximately) did it take for you to get a shiny one? What day did you catch it on? What about their natures and stats?

oh, i don't have my ds with me(got tooken away from me at school and i only had it in my poket and didn't have it on, but someone had to be jelous and said i was playing it). And for the tries of them:
chimchar-about 20 time(how lucky)
sneasal-569
beedrill-first step into the forest(more luck)
eevee-1,957
magby-789
this is not exactly, but that is around what i wrote down(can't fin, my mom through it away without permission).
Well, i was just jelous and didn't want to be the lowest member, so i stretched the truth(love saying that). But i know now that i should not lie about stuff to be cool.

Hey i got a question, if you breed 2 shiny pokemon, will it be easier to get a shiny pokemon.

Last edited:
Back