• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Awwww cute Glaceon, Gr8! I'm a sucker for any Eeveelution though haha.

004.png
580.gif
004.png

Aeropteryx / Ducklett (f) lv. 1
Big Pecks | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/13/31/31/31/31
[ Water Gun, Surf, Attract, Toxic ]
-hatched on Skyarrow Bridge-

I didn't necessarily pick my favorite fossil. I kind of looked at all of the fossils, and I wanted something a little out of the box. And so I looked more into Archeops, and noticed that it came from the egg group Water 3. How did that happen? It's also more of a reptilian bird, and it's based on the Microraptor and Archaeopteryx. Since birds are the descendants of dinosaurs, I looked more at some Unovan birds and Swanna popped up. Swanna is in Water 1, which leads me to believe Swanna is a descendant of Archeops. It adapted to new waters, which is why it's not in Water 3, but instead Water 1. As for the ability Big Pecks, it shows how the line has improved itself. Defeatist, Archeops' ability, is more of a hindrance. Swanna adapted to where its stats couldn't be lowered, which goes for its other ability Keen Eye as well as what this one has. I named it the French name for Archeops...well, more of the German name. They're the same, but the French name has accents that I obviously couldn't put in when I named her haha.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Hey, look! I stole Sydian's formatting. :3

114.gif
004.png

Spaghetti / Tangela (f) lv. 1
Regenerator | Bold
Gonzo | 1
31/2/31/30/31/30
[ Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Hidden Power (fire 70) ]
-hatched at Rumination Field-

Lileep used it's tentacles to catch prey in the past, but prey got smarter and started to swim higher and faster. So Lileep changed - it's tentacles grew longer, but again - prey got more inteligent. This repeated a few times later. Finally, Lileep had a dream: "If I could walk, I'd get my yummy fish!" And one day, dream came true! Lileep had it's legs grown, but it was too clumsy to hunt under the water so it came out and went to nearby jungle. And that's how Tangela came to life. It's ability is a remnant of the dream about walking. Ancientpower evolution only confirms the theory about Tangela's ancestor.

You have 7 hours left! Get a grip and RNG! :3
Fingers crossed!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's beautiful formatting, isn't it. ;3 Anyway, here's something I did just for fun.

004.png
187.gif
004.png

FairyFloss / Hoppip (f) lv. 1
Chlorophyll | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/12/31/31/31/31
[ Splash, Encore ]
-hatched in Pinwheel Forest-

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Well, I RNG'd my first stationary today, near flawless timid Suicune (had to settle with 30 ivs in SPATTK to get 70 hidden power electric).

It was also the first time I RNG'd using synchronize. Now, when I'm RNGing for these stationary legendaries, I'm guessing that I need to exit out of the pokegear 2 frames before my desired frame?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Well, I RNG'd my first stationary today, near flawless timid Suicune (had to settle with 30 ivs in SPATTK to get 70 hidden power electric).

It was also the first time I RNG'd using synchronize. Now, when I'm RNGing for these stationary legendaries, I'm guessing that I need to exit out of the pokegear 2 frames before my desired frame?

Congratulations! It sounds like a NPC trolled you a bit, I usually get a two frame advance from them. So, yes if there are npcs in the area and you don't think you're fast enough... it really matters though ;;

Hey, look! I stole Sydian's formatting. :3

114.gif
004.png

Spaghetti / Tangela (f) lv. 1
Regenerator | Bold
Gonzo | 1
31/2/31/30/31/30
[ Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Hidden Power (fire 70) ]
-hatched at Rumination Field-

Lileep used it's tentacles to catch prey in the past, but prey got smarter and started to swim higher and faster. So Lileep changed - it's tentacles grew longer, but again - prey got more inteligent. This repeated a few times later. Finally, Lileep had a dream: "If I could walk, I'd get my yummy fish!" And one day, dream came true! Lileep had it's legs grown, but it was too clumsy to hunt under the water so it came out and went to nearby jungle. And that's how Tangela came to life. It's ability is a remnant of the dream about walking. Ancientpower evolution only confirms the theory about Tangela's ancestor.

You have 7 hours left! Get a grip and RNG! :3
Fingers crossed!

It's beautiful formatting, isn't it. ;3 Anyway, here's something I did just for fun.

004.png
187.gif
004.png

Chlorophyll | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/12/31/31/31/31
[ Splash, Encore ]

Very nice abuses you two! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for next challenge.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Congratulations! It sounds like a NPC trolled you a bit, I usually get a two frame advance from them. So, yes if there are npcs in the area and you don't think you're fast enough... it really matters though ;;

Very nice abuses you two! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with for next challenge.

cough cough :P Sounds like 4th gen stuff, good to learn that before 5th, because that will be a cake walk for you. I went the opposite way, and will be learning 4th soon! :P

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Well, that completes this challenge. Gonzo will post his choice in the morning! And with that...

Challenge #14: April Showers Bring May Flowers! RNG a Pokemon that not only reminds you of Spring, but represents the season itself. Explanations always matter, so don't forget to toss in a good one for this seemingly simple challenge!

PS: Tom's idea.

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
*YAAAAAAAAAAWN*
Only 7 entries, could be more, honestly, but I'm not sure that any new entry could be as good as this one:
Spoiler:

Thanks everyone for participating! I hope you'll enjoy our next challenge. :)

I was thinking of Shiny Kabutops -> Scyther, but I did a Scyther as a challenge entry. Too bad no one thought of it, because even with bad explanation, I'd go for it! 8D

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Congratulations (again) Sydian, you're really cleaning up with these challenges aren't ya? If you win this one I think you should host/judge the next so you can't win >:3

004.png
187.gif
004.png

Chlorophyll | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/12/31/31/31/31
[ Splash, Encore ]
Our Hoppip can be buddies!

Now I have to find a guide on how to RNG HGSS stationary legendaries and Emerald RNGing. Also I wonder if someone will RNG a Deerling for the challenge...

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
479-m.png

Rotom-M
Levitate|Timid|HP Fire 70
31|30|31|30|31|30
ThunderShock|Leaf Storm|Hidden power|Volt Switch
Hatched in Pinwheel Forest

The lonely Rotom

The grass is growing,
the people are going
around their gardens mowing.

A lonely Rotom comes a-blowing,
sees the people and starts glowing!
Its joy is clearly showing.

The Rotom enters without knowing
a young trainer's gently throwing.

The trainer prevails without crowing
and proceeds his journey without slowing.

I was thinking about spring and growing grass and mowing it and this poem just popped out. So Rotom-M is the greatest representator of spring because everyone starts mowing their grass and tending their garden and I think this will attract lots of Rotoms!

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
479-m.png

Rotom-M
Levitate|Timid|HP Fire 70
31|30|31|30|31|30
ThunderShock|Leaf Storm|Hidden power|Volt Switch

The lonely Rotom

The grass is growing,
the people are going
around their gardens mowing.

A lonely Rotom comes a-blowing,
sees the people and starts glowing!
Its joy is clearly showing.

The Rotom enters without knowing
a young trainer's gently throwing.

The trainer prevails without crowing
and proceeds his journey without slowing.

I was thinking about spring and growing grass and mowing it and this poem just popped out. So Rotom-M is the greatest representator of spring because everyone starts mowing their grass and tending their garden and I think this will attract lots of Rotoms!

Nice abuse, Rednael and a beautiful poem to go along with it! The bar has been set! Good luck everyone, I can't wait to see what else you guys come up with. :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Our Hoppip can be buddies!

They can! <3 Thanks btw. :) I honestly didn't expect to win this one. XD I really though that Crawdaunt or Shellos had me tbh. I should try to RNG the worst thing ever for this spring challen-- RED WINS HE DID A ROTOM ;_______; <3333

Just got this weeeee.

004.png
037.gif
004.png

Blaise / Vulpix (m) lv. 1
Drought | Timid
Cedric | 26099
31/30/31/31/31/31
[ Flamethrower, Disable, Hypnosis, Energy Ball ]
-hatched in Dreamyard-

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
014.png
556.gif
014.png

Maia the Maractus
Modest | Water Absorb
Growth | Synthesis | Solarbeam | Petal Dance
31 | 14 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31​

I consider spring as a time of growth, renewal, and birth of new life. April's rainy season gives new life to May's flowering plants. I picked Maractus because she has access to Growth and Water Absorb. Maractus also has cute, pink flowers. I taught Maractus other flower-related moves, such as Synthesis, Solarbeam, and Petal Dance. Speaking of dancing, May is the month of music in New Zealand. Maractus can move its body rhythmically to create a maraca-like sound. Also, May is the month of final exams in many countries. As many of our members cram for their finals, I realized that Maractus makes its home in an unpleasant area too. Maractus takes damage from the sandstorm in the desert, which I caught her at on May 1st. I nicknamed her Maia, which is the basis of the name of the month of May. Yes, I chose a cactus to represent my spring. The only spring I know is agonizing over final exams. I've endured many hardships, but these experiences helped me grow and provided me a new life...

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love it, Blade. :) <3 But I'm a sucker for pink flowers haha. Also, just got done with my first BP in the trade thread!

004.png
570.gif
004.png

Midna / Zorua (f) lv. 1
Illusion | Hasty
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/31/31/31
[ Scratch, Leer, Dark Pulse ]
-hatched in Lostlorn Forest-

The person didn't want a name, but I'll clone it and name her for myself. I hate no names. :(

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Even though I'm judging this challenge, I can't let Rednael get ahead of me. I'll save you guys the terror of reading through my horrible explanation. Special thanks go to Sydders for helping me evolve him on her Japanese White!

004.png
186.png
004.png

ニョロトノ ♂ Lv. 100 ★
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Drizzle
IVs: 31, 2, 31, 30, 31, 3 Grass 70
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAt/6 SDf
Moves: Encore, Surf, Protect, Ice Beam
Non-Redis

Woot! :D

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

004.png
333.gif
004.png

Fluffy
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Careful | Cloud Nine | 31 31 31 31 31 31
Pluck, SolarBeam, Roost, Ice Beam
[Hatched in Mistralton City]

Spring brings a few things in mind for me and I think Swablu represents them quite well. In spring, a lot of birdies hatch from their eggs, which is why hatching a adorable little Swablu was very suitable. Swablu's Cloud Nine ability reminds me of how when spring comes and the weather goes from being rainy to being normal and calm before then becoming hot and sunny in summer. Pluck is for all the fruits, vegetables and berries that grow in the spring. Finally, many of Swablu's Pokédex entries mention how it likes things clean and how it will clean its surroundings if they are dirty. Swablu's Emerald Pokédex entry also says that in spring, their flocks move closer to towns. This reminds me of spring cleaning, I can imagine all the wild Swablu flocking into town and helping the residents clean their houses after a long harsh winter. Also it may not be a plant, but SolarBeam has something to do with plants, so yeah.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
This has probably been the hardest rng abuse I've ever attempted, anyone whos up for a real challege give it a try :cool:

549.gif
Bag_Dive_Ball_Sprite.png

Lilligant
shiny.png
female.png

31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Nature: Modest Ability: Chlorophyll

I really have no creative explanation for my choice, most grass type pokemon remind me of spring so I just chose one I consider pretty. Caught her as a Petilil at level 19 in Lostlorn Forest.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
LILLIGANT WINS. ;-; Why is everyone RNGing my favorite stuff? I don't even like spring. :( Also, I'm having soooo much trouble finding a seed for mine. lol I was on a roll yesterday too. >:<

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well I have something picked and a good reason for it but lol. v_v I'm just having terrible, terrible luck with finding a seed. I even raised the max advances to 100. And I have three keypresses selected. The parents are international. There's an Everstone. It's just like...does it REALLY have to take this long? Maybe it's cause it's a DW ability. ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back