• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Raptor Version

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
It's thank to this fangame that I met Pokémon essentials!
Anyway, it's rly interesting with all those new graphic features (Tv spots et similia).

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Hey Omega did u see the post by Oblivionmew on the previous mew... After the testing u could give that a shot if nothing else works
Nope, it's not that problem.

That's... Is that good?
If it is, then I wish you good luck with releasing the whole game.
If it isn't, then I wish you good luck with releasing the whole game too.

The day of the final release is going to be a big day!
Maybe even a new PokeCommunity theme in honor of Pokemon Raptor?

Do you think I overdid the bragging a bit?
Haha. Thanks.

Just incase you didn't see it.
Sorry for not replying your post.
It wasn't that problem. It's some internal problem of EV state of each pokemon.

no only he's testing the game now.

Anyway hope you find no other big bugs and that after awhile you can find a problem to the bug.

the game IS finished just they need to learn to buy bug killer and spray it around there computer so we can play the pooping game! AH. AH AH...

It's thank to this fangame that I met Pokémon essentials!
Anyway, it's rly interesting with all those new graphic features (Tv spots et similia).
Thanks so much guys. I won't make you all dissappoint.

How are things up your end OG?
Managed to kill the bug yet?
Sadly I haven't. But I'll continue the testing progress. And I'll atleast find a solution to fix that problem.

Alright. Everything goes pretty fine, except the annoying bug. I'm now continueing the testing progress and going to earn the 6th badge. So the testing progress going to end soon. And I'll focus to fix the bug once I've finish testing the game.​

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Well, finally I've found a solution to fix the bug.
It's not really "fix" it but it was "prevent it from happening."
The best way to "fix" it was cancel the EV system which means there won't be EV system in the game anymore. What do you think?

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Well, finally I've found a solution to fix the bug.
It's not really "fix" it but it was "prevent it from happening."
The best way to "fix" it was cancel the EV system which means there won't be EV system in the game anymore. What do you think?

EV? What night EV be? Sorry if it's a noob question.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
An EV is a point you get from batling a wild Pokémon.
Different wild pokémon give different EVs, and when EVs build up you get more points in that stat when you level up.

Tentacruel (I think) gives 2 Sp. Def Evs, so if you battle lots of Tentacruels, when you level up you will get more points in Sp. Def.

Crude explanation.

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
An EV is a point you get from batling a wild Pokémon.
Different wild pokémon give different EVs, and when EVs build up you get more points in that stat when you level up.

Tentacruel (I think) gives 2 Sp. Def Evs, so if you battle lots of Tentacruels, when you level up you will get more points in Sp. Def.

Crude explanation.

So, since OG is getting rid of this system, your stats that you get by leveling up will just be set values rather than those stats you get by battling certain Pokémon?

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
If it's the only way to get rid of the bug, then I don't care. (Don't ever do much with them.) As long as I can play the game, I'll be happy. And I am pretty sure that getting rid of the EV values will indeed have set values rather then using EV points to make them stronger, but don't quote me on that.

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
If it's the only way to get rid of the bug, then I don't care. (Don't ever do much with them.) As long as I can play the game, I'll be happy. And I am pretty sure that getting rid of the EV values will indeed have set values rather then using EV points to make them stronger, but don't quote me on that.

I agree 100% (except for the "don't quote me" part, just because I didn't want to quote it.) But I just play a game simply to play a game. I don't go through a game, thinking, "Ok, this one is my fast and strong attacker, this one will be my tank, and that one will be my all-arounder. The only "smart playing strategy" I use is keeping a well rounded team.

Ku-Ri-Boh!

Silent Trainer...
Years
I agree with The Smell. I'm fine with no EVs since i'm not gonna play this game competitively anyway. I've told myself to be ready just for the epic story. Even in the main games, i never set up my team balancedly or even EV them through story or anything. I only do so once i completely beat the game or at least E4 (in the main games)

So yeah, i don't mind Raptor without EVs. We can't play with others also, right? Anything works ingame, although i know this game is gonna be HARD.
Thanks for all the hard work, OG!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2014
Hey i downloaded the demoversion and i was kindof disappointed when the themes and battle styles were not the same as the screenshots , so i would like to ask is it that only when the game is completed then will we see those o.o? But overall , the idea is good , and i really like the game .

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
I was quite dissapointed that the EV system is gone so now i cant play strategicly but hey if you still have imets like zinc and stuff in there then maybe i could manage.

OblivionMew

Spriter in the Making!
Years
I don't think they've got rid of the EV system yet- its just an option if the bug can't be prevented. Personally I don't think it would make a difference having or not having the EV system.

Years
Since this game wont be played competitively, the system really isnt needed. I mean of course given there was no problems, Id rather have the system. If it needs to be fixed so badly, then out with the system, as it isnt essential to this game at all.

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
Years
I think taking EV's out would be fine, but would it also be possible to make the vitamins (protein, carbos, zinc, etc.) so that they just give you a direct stat boost? instead of doing it with EV's?

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
i thought they already did that? or do they increase both in the games?

as for me i don't care if it's in or not i never even new about it till like 2 months ago so i'm not gonna be worried.

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
Years
each vitamin gives you 10 EV's, which is usually about 1 or 2 more stat points when you level up

Back