• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rocketlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
Rocketr.jpg

Hello Grunts! this is going to be a Rocketlocke Challenge, a combination of a Nuzlocke and a Team Rocket Challenge the rules are as follow:
1. Only first Pokemon in the Route can be captured.
2. All Pokemon caught must be nicknamed.
3. If a Pokemon faints it is considered dead and must be released or Boxed Permanetly.
4. Only Pokemon of specific type can be used. these types are Poison, Pure Normal (no Sub Types, no Fairies), Ground, Dark, Bug, Fighting, Psychic.
5.If you have the ability to cheat (such as action replay, game shark, etc) You can Catch NPC Trainers Pokemon! The Pokemon must have their health in atleast Yellow and it must be their last Pokemon!
6. If playing Generation 1 or 2 avoid battles with Team Rocket as much as possible!
7. If Playing Generation 3 and up (3,4,5,6) Crush the Enemy Team! defeat every single member that is possible in the game.
8. You can consider that you've won the challenge once catching all of the legendary Pokemon in your game.
9.If the pokemon you encounter first in a Area isnt one you can use you may do the following
You may only "steal one Trainer Pokemon Per Area. IF the first pokemon you encounter isnt a acceptable type or you may Attempt to encounter another wild pokemon but after the second attempt of either you may no longer attempt in that area.
11. You May steal 1 Gym Leaders Pokemon throughout the entire game.
12. You may attempt to become a Master by completing the challenge in all available generations.
Challengers:
Spoiler:

Champion:
Spoiler:

Master:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Already doing the challenge, but signing up anyways.

Name: Liberal Army
Game: Platinum (Randomized)
Badges: 3

(btw, give some credits to Dookieshed, he is the one who made up this challenge)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
Already doing the challenge, but signing up anyways.

Name: Liberal Army
Game: Platinum (Randomized)
Badges: 3

(btw, give some credits to Dookieshed, he is the one who made up this challenge)

Same here, although these rules seem a little different to Dookie's.

Name: Super Dazmo
Game: Black 2 (Randomized)

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I had a question. In the original challenge, you were able to use Pokemon outside the specified types by stealing them from Trainers. Does that rule also apply here, or do stolen Pokemon also have to be one of the restricted types?

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Is there some sort of cap for this because in theory if you're allowed to catch other trainers pokemon you don't have to follow the rule of only using set types, unless like Phantom said the pokemon you catch can only be within the types.

Or you could make it so that you can only have say 3-4 Captured pokemon on your team and 2 have to be something a "Rocket" would use?

Years
Finally started this :o

I randomized items, wild pokemon and all the pokemon used by trainers.

Starters were snorlax, mawile and something I forgot D: Brendan had Mawile and I had snorlax- I destroyed it. First encounter on route 101 was grimer but snorlax [Flex] accidentalyl OHKO'd it D:

First encounter on route 103 was oddish ~I accidentally OHKO'd it aswell >_>

Found Sandra the Sandslash on route 102! Yay for an encounter I actually caught!

Failed to catch Victrebeel after I helped Wally
Failed to find anything I could use in the forest so I am going to try to catch something off a trainer~
Messed around with codes but I got bad egg instead of trainer's pokemon D:
Found Phanphy I named Dumbo in the next route :o
Decided not to catch cascoon in the tunnel.

First gym is flying
Roxanne has Swablue with sing which is annoying but I eventually take it out - Her second pokemon is Pidgeotto though D:

After he spammed a ton of sand-attack and I switched out a lot I managed to finally kill him- Got first badge!

Encounters time!
Found Cascoon [Moth] via fishing on route 107
Failed to find anything on route 106
Accidentally killed Dugtrio in Granite cave
Failed to find anything I could catch in Petalburg.
Found Sundance the Solrock on route 115.
Found Mightyena [Shenzi] on route 110.

Going to do some grinding now and than maybe take on Brawly if I feel like it.

I so wish that I got either Oddish either Victrebeel back there D: The second gym turned out to be rock -and larivtar did take down Sandra because he got critical hit bite on her =( But Snorlax managed to belly drum and tackle it hanging onto two hp only! So I got the second gym badge :3

Last edited:
Years
Update time :3 So much grinding O.O

VS. Brendan:
He starts off with annoying protect-spamming dustox but Shenzi manages to crunch it off with few bites.
Next up is surskit that also gets chewed up by Shenzi.
Last up is Mawile that falls to few headbutts.

Finally arrived to Mauville city - A lot of trainers I need to take on in here, sigh, let's dive right into it.
First I start with route 118 because I can get a new encounter there, maybe. Old rod give me level 5 baltoy that I cannot weaken and that takes forever to get caught -named Beyblade- Probably won't be used right away.
Destroyed that family that wants to battle you.
Found Bone the Weezing on the route 117.

Vs. Wally:
He sends out zubat, I sent out newly trained up Beyblade with Psybeam and Rock Tomb so yeah..

Wattson's gym is Water! Guess that I can only use Shenzi and Flex for this one D:
And Moth.. But Moth is meh D:

Vs Wattson:
He starts with Mudkip, I start with Shenzi. - Two bites takes it out.
Next up is confusing annoyance - shellder himself! I started with Flex but since he nearly killed himself in his confusion I was forced to use Shenzi again x.x
Last up is Quagsire which is scary- It can one or two shot shenzi so I hope that Flex can do something.. And after about forever it's down - without anybody dying!

Found Nidoran I named Ludwig on route 112.
Didn't find anything in Fiery Path,
Found Raticate I named Joey on route 113.
Dumbo fainted against that one trainer's Wobbuffet the destiny bond/counter/mirror coat monster >_>
Found female Bulbasaur I caught and named Ivy on route 114.
Where were you when I needed something for water gym though >_>
Caught Blinx the Clefairy in the Meteor Falls.
This. Game. Hates. Me. Second encounter was Kadabra -I'd love to have alakazam >_>
Beyblade fainted against snorunt but I decided to add Ludwig to the team because I have moon stone for him.
Flannery's gym is poison type.
She had nidoran M, Nidoqueen and Spinarak - Nidoqueen was the only problematic pokemon because of paralyzing body slam.
Found Geo the Grumpig in the desert.

Norman's gym is electric type- yay! Ludwig has no ground moves just yet x.x

Vs Norman: He has two sand-attack spammers - Jolteons x.x
Ludwig's Poison point comes through and Jolteon slowly dies.
Last pokemon is Manectric though and he killed Ludwig with critical quick attack - gg dad. Gg.

Ground type hate me.

Got surf and thought it to Flex. Gotta do some grinding now though because my team is falling behind.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
Hey Guys, sorry about not being able to keep updated on this that should change now, I Had my computer stolen so had no way to update things I Will Answer questions and comments shortly, Firstly Yes this is based off of Dookiesheds with some changes.

Years
Aand completed my Rocketlocke challenge on Ruby :D This was painful because I decided to go to the league underleveled for added difficulty ... Crits everywhere!

Vs Champion/Swimmer xD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BUc7VW5k24

And here is the final team:

323.gif

Camilla|Female|Careful Nature|Magma Armor|Lvl 51|@Focus Band
Eruption
Take Down
Earthquake
Rock Slide

143.gif

Flex|Male|Calm Nature|Immunity|Lvl 50|@Sea Incense
Thunderbolt
Surf
Body Slam
Belly Drum

197.gif

Toothie|Male|Quiet Nature|Synchronize|Lvl 51|@Focus Band
Screech
Faint Attack
Pursuit
Iron Tail

003.gif

Ivy|Female|Impish Nature|Overgrow|Lvl 52|@Quick Claw
Leech Seed
Razor Leaf
Poisonpowder
Sleep Powder​

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Signing up!
Name: Phantomness
Game: Pokemon Red Randomized 721
Cheat for Steal: Yes
Optional Rules: I can use up to 3 pokemon outside of the specified types but I must obtain them by stealing them from trainers per the original Rocketlocke challenge, the wild pokemon I catch have to match the restrictions.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I'm sorry to abandon this challenge, but I'm down to two living Pokemon out of my original team, and I don't have any water-types so I can't exactly continue much further.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 9, 2017
Is there an IPS patch for Pokemon Emerald where it's just normal, clean, uneditted Pokemon Emerald, but with it changed so that you can catch trainers' Pokemon? The Gameshark and Action Replay hacks I found through youtube and google aren't cutting it. If someone could link me to an IPS patch of that (for EMERALD, again), or inform me of a way to permanently modify an Emerald ROM to make trainer Pokemon catchable, I'd very, very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey there, this thread hasn't been posted in for over a year. Please don't post in threads that are over two months old in this section. If you have a question about a ROM or patch of any kind, please take it to ROM Hacking. Thanks!

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back