• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Haha, yeah, I've tried to download it as well, and the Pokemon World Forums seems to be down...go figure :D

That's alright through, and the Live Bate concept sounds intriguing. Hope it's successful on everybody's part :)

Oh, and shinoholmes, 3rd Generation Pokemon are most likely to be caught, seen and trained in v3.1...as they appeared in the prior Beta (v2.1) I know, I had a Swampert I believe...

Years
Got very shocked when i saw that the thread was closed..
But new you guys need some air to release it. Just opened your thread and downloaded the official release one.
Also you mentioned that the live beta version would be the one which would b updated if bugs are found. Does that means that we should download only the live beta version?
Also CONGRATS to you and Zeikku for putting ths up thru your busy lives and thumbs up for your hard work and dedication..
P.s it is working easily on my mobile emulator.. Who says it works only on vba latest version??

Mr Marine

The Legedary Pirate
Years
gets up in the morning all excited about light platinum ,Goes to the topic,Clicks download button,DATABASE ERROR.............

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

AMZMA

◄♪Begin Your Day With Musics♫►
Years
wOw :shocked:
server is down :shocked:

how many peoples download this hack :paranoid:

Spoiler: [B

*delete this post if sever is going back ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
I registered so I can say, thank you for this wonderful,awesome,cool hack.

BTW, do the pokemon here evolve via leveling or do I have to trade? Like Alakazam for example.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2013
Hi, LaZ first thank you for this awesome,cool hack.
I found a bug, that i use Teleport on Route 35 and it sends me to Lavander Town :(
Pokemon%20-%20Liquid%20Crystal_02.png

After i click on yes i was really send to Lavander Town OoO
Pokemon%20-%20Liquid%20Crystal_03.png

lg zhen

pirateof7sea

I shall crush your hope even if there is none.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Well, I dont know whether this bug have been reported or not.

The bug is about the Badges, Plain Blade suddenly disappear and replaced with Fighting Badge, I dont know when the Badge disappear until I trying to break the rock in Burnt Tower.

ch4r1zard

Burner of backsides
Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2020
aw, i was looking forward to grabbing this, but its giving me a database error when clicking the download link :(

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Ugh, The Pokémon World Forums are having a database error. Could it be uploaded to something like Megaupload? :/

Last edited:

AMZMA

◄♪Begin Your Day With Musics♫►
Years
aw, i was looking forward to grabbing this, but its giving me a database error when clicking the download link :(

Ugh, The Pokémon World Forums are having a database error. Could it be uploaded to something like Megaupload? :/
Live
Code:
457aa6f8.ultrafiles.net
Official
Code:
423f7990.ultrafiles.net
*that not my adslinker :surprised:

actually, the adslinker leads to dropbox

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2011
I would like to translate Pokemon Liquid Crytsal into my mother tongue, is that possible?

I've tried to open Liquid Crystal using 'Advanced Text', but I can only see texts of Pokemon Fire Red... so

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Sorry guys that the site was down I had no idea and just woke up. It's all fixed now.

I'm having a terrible time saving in this game. The emulator is set to 128k and the save patch for firered is patched as well as the Liquid Crystal patch. Sometimes, the game saves normally and I can load it. Most of the time, it only says that my file has been deleted...

I would play through the game using savestates, but I found out last time (to my disappointment) that it doesn't work. (Since the game requires you to restart it in order to finish the Elite four.)

Any idea what's going on?

Edit: I've tried several things to try to figure out the problem and, I've got to tell you, it's getting pretty annoying seeing the message "The save file has been deleted..." over and over again...

Hmm.. Sorry you are having this problem but i never had it before. Are you using my emulator pack?

Is it just me or does trading in Goldenrod City not work? I keep getting the so called communication error... haha.

There's a small chance of that too... Seems like a small issue I need to fix.

TO LaZ :

Why is pikachu's ability SATURN ?
isn't it STATIC ..

My word ahahah thats true. Thanks for pointing it out.

When I got to the elite four, I climbed up the stairs and I'm stuck. I'm assuming the only temporary fix is the walk through walls code. If you wish to see my .sa1 file I'll upload that in a moment.

megaupload dot com /?d=SPMESV8A

stupid 15 post minimum to post URLs...

I didnt check the save file but, which emulator are you using exactly? Try with my linked one in the first post.

Congrats on having this hack up and running...you guys poured a lot of time, blood, sweat and perseverance to make this release worthwhile, and me and others appreicate that.

...Gee, sounding like a broken record am I? :P

Anywho, just wondering before I get this hack started, you say this follows closely to Crystal, but I want to know if the small mini events (like the Farfetch'd minigame in Ilex Forest) follows the GSC's method or HGSS's...

That's all from me...oh, and was reading several of these posts with regards to actual playtime, seems there's some bugs here and there...eh, I'll play regardless and if there's anything that catches my eye, I'll be sure to report it here.

Happy Holidays Liquid Crystal team, all of you deserve it.

Hehe thanks, everything is based on the GSC stuff. Not HGSS although some things appear to be from HGSS xD

I don't like signing up to whatever site the links send me, so can anyone be a dear and put up a download link on a file-hosting site that doesn't require to log-in?
Thanks~

For a link that should always work, try www.thepkmnworld.co.uk/lc31 for the official release.

Mirror of patch: http://www.sendspace.com/file/a7g7cl
VBA-M (working emulator): http://vba-m.com/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=118

Since it appears to be down. ^_^

Thanks for the mirror, although I didn't want it to be mirrored xD

Got very shocked when i saw that the thread was closed..
But new you guys need some air to release it. Just opened your thread and downloaded the official release one.
Also you mentioned that the live beta version would be the one which would b updated if bugs are found. Does that means that we should download only the live beta version?
Also CONGRATS to you and Zeikku for putting ths up thru your busy lives and thumbs up for your hard work and dedication..
P.s it is working easily on my mobile emulator.. Who says it works only on vba latest version??

Once I mark bugs as fixed on my forums, you can safley download the Live Beta version to have said bugs eliminated. And if you try on another VBA the days of the week don't work correctly.

is there any 4th or 5th gen pokemon?

Nope. Check the FAQ on the first page.

gets up in the morning all excited about light platinum ,Goes to the topic,Clicks download button,DATABASE ERROR.............

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Sorry lol I was annoyed too when I found out haha.

wOw :shocked:
server is down :shocked:

how many peoples download this hack :paranoid:

Spoiler: [B

*delete this post if sever is going back ;)

Those are the offiical non-TPW links indeed.

I registered so I can say, thank you for this wonderful,awesome,cool hack.

BTW, do the pokemon here evolve via leveling or do I have to trade? Like Alakazam for example.

Hehe thanks, and you will find out how they evolve if you talk to everyone hehe.

Hi, LaZ first thank you for this awesome,cool hack.
I found a bug, that i use Teleport on Route 35 and it sends me to Lavander Town :(
Pokemon%20-%20Liquid%20Crystal_02.png

After i click on yes i was really send to Lavander Town OoO
Pokemon%20-%20Liquid%20Crystal_03.png

lg zhen

Hello, you need to upload those screenshots as I cant see them.

Well, I dont know whether this bug have been reported or not.

The bug is about the Badges, Plain Blade suddenly disappear and replaced with Fighting Badge, I dont know when the Badge disappear until I trying to break the rock in Burnt Tower.

Sounds rather odd.. I never had this problem neither did other testers. Did you use my emulator link or did you use cheats?

Yea sorry.. I fixed it now.

I would like to translate Pokemon Liquid Crytsal into my mother tongue, is that possible?

I've tried to open Liquid Crystal using 'Advanced Text', but I can only see texts of Pokemon Fire Red... so

Sounds good but you need to use the Search function of A-Text, and also to be able to do it correctly I would do it in a Hex Editor.

Sorry again everyone for the server down haha. I didn't anticipate the load and never imagined it would go down. Also, if people can now log as many bugs into the report system it would be helpful as I can just go there to see them and get them all fixed for the Live Beta asap.

Link

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
i think i already found a bug. I used leer 6 times with my cyndaquil on my rival's totodile then i tackled him and the damage stayed the same. I think the physical/special screws up the game. BTW love that you have ingame time. So does that mean i can evovle my eevee into espeon/umbreon and if so it the same as in the other games? umbreon when AM and espeon when PM?

Edit: tested on the first trainer in union cave. Tackle and quik attack did way to much damge on him for my modest quilava and he used schreech on me and after rock trhow and he barely did any damage so you should fix that physical/special split or remove it temporarely

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2011
Sounds good but you need to use the Search function of A-Text, and also to be able to do it correctly I would do it in a Hex Editor.

Are there any editors or tools you would suggest me for translating?
I'm doing this the first time so I have no idea how to start and as I said before, when I'm using A-Text I do only see texts out of Pokemon Fire Red, even if I use the search function.

You told me something about Hex Editors and I downloaded 'Hex Editor MX'.
Those hex values are like negotiating with some hostage-taker in chinese and I don't even understand a single word, so that could become difficult.

blue

gucci
Years
i think i already found a bug. I used leer 6 times with my cyndaquil on my rival's totodile then i tackled him and the damage stayed the same. I think the physical/special screws up the game. BTW love that you have ingame time. So does that mean i can evovle my eevee into espeon/umbreon and if so it the same as in the other games? umbreon when AM and espeon when PM?

Yeah, the exact same happened to me with using Leer 4 times and then tackle only takes of an eigth. I think it's not an error but more to do with the Physical/Special split.

Back