• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~*SPURT! Katsu's Ash/Satoshi Club*~

Soul-Music

Nurse in the making!
Years
What is that? Is it blood on his clothes?
Poor ash

yeah! That's blood, he murdered those who will not bow befor him. j/k

ash-07.jpg

My own share of WGH Ash.

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2008
Haha. Ash and Pika make a great team. Always loved the episodes focusing on them. So, question: What's everyone think of Ash's method/theory of raising Pokemon?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
What's everyone think of Ash's method/theory of raising Pokemon?
Giving love and respect to Pokemon~ He's always had a thing against people mistreating Pokemon.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
Years
Agreed with what everyone says. People think he's stupid for leaving his Pokemon with Oak, but I don't. He wants to start on a new journey, have a new team, a new start, but he'll always remember and think of the Pokemon he left behind.

Just like the battle with Registeel when three of his original Pokemon came back, they had time to reaquaint with each other and share stories from the past--memory lane~. XD

Though that's my opinion. -falls over-

vlcsnap-83958.png

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2008
Ah, it's nice to see some people agree with me on that. I've always admired the way he treats his pokemon (as friends and equals). Even when a character like Butterfree leaves perminantly, it's great that he thinks about their needs before his own. Best episodes that demonstrate that are "Pikachu's Goodbye" and the Charizard one. They both got me wet in the eyes.

Plus, leaving the behind lets him rotate in new area Pokemon and since like...he only gets one level 2 evolution every hundred episodes, it works well for him. Not that having them unevolved is bad or anything. I like the dynamic he can have with them as little guys.

Soul-Music

Nurse in the making!
Years
So, question: What's everyone think of Ash's method/theory of raising Pokemon?

Like in nursing, the he cares for his pokemon holistically.

(Very original. /sarcasm/)

But really that's how I see it, he cares for them holistically.

Last edited:
Years
He proved his love for pokemon many times.
An example in the episode when he saves pikachu, and in the episode he saves charmander :)
Ash is a caring pokemon trainer

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
Years
Ah, it's nice to see some people agree with me on that. I've always admired the way he treats his pokemon (as friends and equals). Even when a character like Butterfree leaves perminantly, it's great that he thinks about their needs before his own. Best episodes that demonstrate that are "Pikachu's Goodbye" and the Charizard one. They both got me wet in the eyes.

Plus, leaving the behind lets him rotate in new area Pokemon and since like...he only gets one level 2 evolution every hundred episodes, it works well for him. Not that having them unevolved is bad or anything. I like the dynamic he can have with them as little guys.

Finally someone who agrees! I'm tired of people calling Satoshi a loser for leaving his Pokemon and not caring about them. If he was that mean, he would forget all about his old Pokemon and focus on the ones he has at the moment.

And the first movie had me crying when he wanted to save every pokemon from killing each other and interferred with Mew and Mewtwo's battle.

HarukavsShuuRivalsForever113_2__000.jpg

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2008
Finally someone who agrees! I'm tired of people calling Satoshi a loser for leaving his Pokemon and not caring about them. If he was that mean, he would forget all about his old Pokemon and focus on the ones he has at the moment.

And the first movie had me crying when he wanted to save every pokemon from killing each other and interferred with Mew and Mewtwo's battle.

Very true. That first movie was pretty emotional. It's another one of the scenes that make me have wet eyes when I watch it.

Caring for his Pokemon is pretty much necessary. If he didn't, that'd make him like Shinji in the end. I think part of the problem - as to why people dislike his method - is because the anime =/= game. >_> People are used to powerleveling up their Pokemon and evolving them as soon as they can, which is fine in the game, since that's what's you're trying to accomplish, but it doesn't work that way in the anime. There aren't really levels are anything to compare with and it becomes quit a bit different when you're talking about extremely intelligent creatures that are alive ala anime style.

I dunno. It's fairly frustrating to see so much animosity directed towards Satoshi since it seems like everyone and their mother has something against the poor kid. Which brings up a question: Why do you think so many people seem to dislike Satoshi/Ash? Is it because of the way he treats his Pokemon and his naivety or are there other reasons as well? And if there's one of Satoshi's character traits that you don't like, what is it?

Er, yeah, that was more than one question but it makes sense in my mind. I guess I'll go ahead and answer my questions now. XD. Personally, I think that people have this inherent tendency to reject characters that are "the main character" and have the noble qualities that come with it. So, pretty much, in my view people would find a reason to dislike him no matter what unless he was like…an arrogant snob or something. They just look for things that give them a reason to look down on him. Er, though that's really just a personal view that's come from seeing multiple main characters disliked for similar reasons.

The one big annoyance I find with Satoshi – well, two, actually – is that he's overly stubborn at some points. I mean, it's really great when he's in the middle of battle and won't give up but less so when a friend is trying to help him out through a tough time and he refuses it. That, and I wish he'd be a bit less dense in certain areas, but that's a discussion for another time.

Hmmm. I love the photo, Katsu. Pikachu dressed up like that is made of win. Isn't that from one of the contest when they're cheering Hikari on? *Still working on downloading and watching the D&P Raws*

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
Hmmm. I love the photo, Katsu. Pikachu dressed up like that is made of win. Isn't that from one of the contest when they're cheering Hikari on? *Still working on downloading and watching the D&P Raws*
That's from the Battle Frontier Ending. Pika dresses up to cheer on May in the contests.

Why do you think so many people seem to dislike Satoshi/Ash? Is it because of the way he treats his Pokemon and his naivety or are there other reasons as well? And if there's one of Satoshi's character traits that you don't like, what is it?

Long topic xD

Well I know that firstly, a lot of people have a problem with the fact that Satoshi doesn't switch and use his other Pokemon very often. Especially those from the Johto Region actually... and the fact that he doesnt train up his pokemon to the final stage of evolution and power. That's what most find irritating about the anime, the lack of power that could be shown.
I personally dont mind what he does, but I do wish he use Cynda.... xD
There's also the fact that he's been around since the beginning, some are feeling that he's becoming "old" and it's just pathetic watching the same storyline each episode.

Ash and friends are travelling...
TR tricks them somehow and tries to steal their Pokemoon
Ash at the last minute, beats off TR and they blast off.
Ash and friends carry on....

Another point could be that, he's always so focused on just getting badges. He's ignorant of everyone else at time, and especially during AG, he just moves from Gym to Gym earning badges in hardly intense battles.
The way the writers have tried introducing a "new" side to Satoshi, from the end of BF, when he entered a Pokemon contest for the first time to verse May and then entering in the first Shinou contest when Hikari also entered, only to be defeated in the semis.

Um.. yeah, I'm just gonna stop rambling on now...

Last edited:

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
Years
Oooh love the discussion here peeps, keep it up! XD

o-o I typed peeps. Wow.

And the Satoshi and Pikachu picture is from the AG ending: "Watashi Makenai ~ Haruka no Theme ~/I Won't Lose ~ Haruka's Theme"

Why do you think so many people seem to dislike Satoshi/Ash? Is it because of the way he treats his Pokemon and his naivety or are there other reasons as well? And if there's one of Satoshi's character traits that you don't like, what is it?

Basically all of what is said here was my answers. o-o So I dun want to repeat any of it.

Also that Satoshi seems to be in every season. Gah..people don't realize that Satoshi and Pikachu IS Pokemon.

What I don't like about him huh...well he still doesn't distinguish the disguises that TR wears and yeah. o-o

vlcsnap-257992.jpg

vlcsnap-258167.jpg

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2008
Another point could be that, he's always so focused on just getting badges. He's ignorant of everyone else at time, and especially during AG, he just moves from Gym to Gym earning badges in hardly intense battles.
The way the writers have tried introducing a "new" side to Satoshi, from the end of BF, when he entered a Pokemon contest for the first time to verse May and then entering in the first Shinou contest when Hikari also entered, only to be defeated in the semis.

Um.. yeah, I'm just gonna stop rambling on now...

Hmmm. Yeah. I haven't seen a whole whole lot of the Advanced Generation episodes yet, but watching some of the earlier ones, I'm sorta disappointed by that. And he's really cocky. More so than he usually is. At least he's better by Battle Frontier and D&P about both of those. Come to think of it, he's matured quite a bit by then in general.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
Hmmm. Yeah. I haven't seen a whole whole lot of the Advanced Generation episodes yet, but watching some of the earlier ones, I'm sorta disappointed by that. And he's really cocky. More so than he usually is. At least he's better by Battle Frontier and D&P about both of those. Come to think of it, he's matured quite a bit by then in general.

Yeah, but there was one thing that bothered me about the dubbing in BF. How he said "I got ___ and it's all mine" That was kinda boastful... plus I didnt like the new dubbing xD, so that probably added extra :( to it. In D/P he's much more mature I definetly agree, it's Hikari being portrayed as the "kid" now. Well she is 10 after all.

Back