• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yooo

JohnnyJ773

Wanderer from Cianwood City
Years
What's up everybody, new to the forums. Just recently got back into playing Pokemon after a loooong hiatus, we'll just put it that way. Lol. As a kid I was a Poke'addict, lol. I played Red, Yellow, Gold versions heavily, battle, traded, and collected the cards, attended the pokemon league every week at the local Toys R Us, everything! Then high school happened, lol. For the past few years I've been getting these urges to pick Pokemon back up but was hesitant cuz the new Pokemon look stupid as eff to me. I did my research and was really digging the new features and graphics to the newer games. Then I saw they did a remake to Gold/Silver, man I was pumped! So I ordered a 3DS and HeartGold online and will start playing starting this morning. I plan to buy Platinum, Black, Black 2 and X and hopefully learn to like the new ugly pokemon. So yea, look forward to meeting some new people, chatting it up, learning new things, battling, and trading with you guys. So yea... That's it. ;)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Hi, JohnnyJ773! Trade Corner really really fits you! Nice to meet you and welcome to Pokecommunity! And don't forget to check out the rules!

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hey, Johnny!

Welcome to PokéCommunity! I'm glad you started to get back into the games again! How long have you been playing for? I also started with the original games (R/B/Y/S/G/C), and I looooooved to do all that. I have huge stacks of trading cards! High school also put a damper on how much I played the games, but here I am in college still enjoying each and every game the same!

I agree with you that the new Pokémon sprites don't necessarily look too appealing to eyes, but I don't necessarily play the games for the Pokémon themselves. I guess that's why I've continued playing. :p

I'm glad you ordered a 3DS with HG! I have SS and it's awesome! I was soooo happy they made a remake for the original G/S because they seriously were one of the best generations out there, at least in my opinion! xD You should definitely buy the newer games just to try them out. Hey, if you don't like them, you could always sell them back or something! It's definitely worth giving a try.

Hope to see you around and enjoy your stay!

Years
Hello there and welcome to PC! Haha well nice to see you getting back into it, Pokemon is amazing, and I remember playing those games soooooo much as a kind...good times. :P Yah I can see what you meant with school.. and it is difficult to get into the series after the first few with the different looks they gave Pokemon. But glad your giving it a second chance, and I think you'll really enjoy yourself here. Just talk around and see what PC has to offer and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Hope to see you around. :)

JohnnyJ773

Wanderer from Cianwood City
Years
Thanks for the welcome fellas! I'm having a ball over here playing HeartGold, already got 3 badges.Lol. This is elementary school all over again, Lmbo... Look forward to battling and trading on here.. To answer your question Gyardosamped, I've beenplaying since '98 Starting with Red version so yea it's been awhile lol... But I'm gonna give the newer games a try. The graphics and New features are intriguing and along with the support here on the forums I may love them just as much!

Back