• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Screenshot2.png
Screenshot5.png
Screenshot7.png

As you can see, I've finally done the hero's overworld. I still need to insert the fishing, cycling and surfing OWs, the trainer sprite and everything for the female (include actually spriting it for the female), but it's something.​

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Hero's overworld's look good. :D
And All the updates above but I'm not gonna say them all D:

and: I MUST HAZ ZEM GOLD BALLS O__O

Years
The hero Ow looks like Lucas. (That's his name, isn't it? xD)

Anyway, the update above that looks really nice. It looks more spacious. :)

Good luck!! (;

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
there is a freeze after battling Jack of hearts in under cave. your character disappears and there is NO way to fix it.

Years
Hero's overworld's look good. :D
And All the updates above but I'm not gonna say them all D:

and: I MUST HAZ ZEM GOLD BALLS O__O
Thanks. :D

The hero Ow looks like Lucas. (That's his name, isn't it? xD)

Anyway, the update above that looks really nice. It looks more spacious. :)

Good luck!! (;
Thanks. :D /original

there is a freeze after battling Jack of hearts in under cave. your character disappears and there is NO way to fix it.
Um, I'm pretty sure that bug is down to you patching on a bad ROM. Nor my beta testers or anyone else has reported this bug, so if I were you I'd redownload a FireRed ROM and patch that one. Sorry.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
Just passing by to say; great job Haroun. All this time you've been working really hard on this, and I see it pays off.

Hopefully I'll find the time to play it, as well.

Mr. Magius

  
Years
This looks like a great game. Looks like you really know what you're doing, and it seems extremely fun to play. I'm eager to try out c: Impressed with the way you altered the basic textbox to extend passed the game screen. I enjoy how you kept the classic capitalized names of things. Very good job, looks official and top-notch :3

And I like the hack's name as well!

Years
Just passing by to say; great job Haroun. All this time you've been working really hard on this, and I see it pays off.

Hopefully I'll find the time to play it, as well.
Long time no see--thanks, dude. :D

This looks like a great game. Looks like you really know what you're doing, and it seems extremely fun to play. I'm eager to try out c: Impressed with the way you altered the basic textbox to extend passed the game screen. I enjoy how you kept the classic capitalized names of things. Very good job, looks official and top-notch :3

And I like the hack's name as well!
Haha, thanks, glad to know you like it ^^

Anyway, I'm going to be taking a break from hacking for a while. I will, however, leave you with 20 screenshots :]

DarkGym.png
AvilaandDara.png
ShadowBadge.png

Foundme.png
Cop.png
doughnut.png

Heatran.png

Tablet.png
Helpless.png
Entei.png
MoltenRock.png
Writing.png

Route7.png

JadeCity.png
DevonCorp.png
Faces.png
Virtopia.png
Glitch.png

AoCity1.png

GrassGym.png

Thanks to:
- Flandre Scarlet for inserting the Heatran sprites
- DrFuji for coming up with the policeman's names (Parker, Hodgkins and Reginald) <3

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Route7.png

This screen looks a bit weird. I have never seen Gamefreak using the water edges that way.
Heatran.png

The thing that bugs me about this screenshot is that the Heatran is very small and looks like it was far away from the player. In fact, it's not much bigger (if it even is) than Spheal.
Comparison.gif

DevonCorp.png

Maybe it's supposed to be like this, but the window looks a bit weird on this screenshot (the outline is too bold).
Tablet.png

It's obviously not an error but it looks pretty weird when a little girl walks around carelessly when some thugs attack an old man .

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
Safari Zone Bug/Glitch

When I ran out of steps in the safari zone, it sent me behind the counter of the safari house (where the people you can talk to are...) and now i can't get out.

Years
Route7.png

This screen looks a bit weird. I have never seen Gamefreak using the water edges that way. Well, I don't particularly think it's a bad thing. Surely things like this happen - resevoirs, for example.
Heatran.png

The thing that bugs me about this screenshot is that the Heatran is very small and looks like it was far away from the player. In fact, it's not much bigger (if it even is) than Spheal.
Comparison.gif
Yeah I need to redo that, thanks :D.
DevonCorp.png

Maybe it's supposed to be like this, but the window looks a bit weird on this screenshot (the outline is too bold). I don't think that's a problem.
Tablet.png

It's obviously not an error but it looks pretty weird when a little girl walks around carelessly when some thugs attack an old man. Haha, I see what you mean. Fixed :D
Thanks! Comments in bold.

Interesting hack, may try it out once I finish up with my other LP :P
Awesome :D

When I ran out of steps in the safari zone, it sent me behind the counter of the safari house (where the people you can talk to are...) and now i can't get out.
Sorry for the late reply, this has been fixed, in the mean time, if you still have your copy, just google the FireRed walk through walls hack to get through. Sorry!
r7qfI.png

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
TheStupidBibarel, please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month.

Icey, if you want this thread opened sometime in the future then just message either myself or gira.

Years
ISt8M.png

JPR5t.png
oDog5.png
MdgeM.png
huXMx.png
X2PXn.png
KEp2D.png
OfKll.png
JYcZA.png

So! I have begun work on Dark Cobalt again!
Because I had lost everything since the release of Beta 1, I have decided to completely restart the hack. You can still download Beta 1 on the first post, but this is showing the progress I've done so far on the restart - that is, up to around Gym 2 (not shown in the screenshots above yet). Most everything has been redone; scripts, maps (which have improved a lot in my opinion), storyline (very small edits).

so yeah :3

(that bank video has some outdated aspects but is generally up-to-date

Last edited:

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
I really like the game and so far I have not found errors.
Here's my team, have just arrived at the first gym.

1574300503.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2014
hey! im gonna download this tomorrow. shame u had to restart. anyways, do u need anyone to make sprites for battles? if so just put ur ideas in a post and ill get started as soon as i see the post. also, can u edit the ow sprite for raikou it looks a bit small

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Oooo!!
Glad to see this is back.
Like last time, I wish this the greatest of lucks and will play the next release of it, however long it may take.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2014
There is a glitch on Route 3 i used a repel and when i went in the tall grass a lvl 1 ?????????? appeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back