• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
You have a crazy amount of new ideas for this game.
It's one of the few here that wants to change pokemon so much. : D

Atomic Reactor

And for the flower, you should probably just change it to hair.It'll look better that way.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
The hero and heroïne are lokking great.
Just keep them as they are because their magnificent

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
Years
Luka S.J. I can do spriting I may not always be afull time spriter but I am fully capable of doing it, If you want me to I can go in and edit the female/male sprites to make them a little better Ill just need to know what the size each are supposed to be, you could Pm me a link to there Image individually so far is the best I could suggest.
Edit: Okay I am going to apply as a spriter, Go to for proof of work I have done just message me for the link

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
@rockeymon: Thanks for the offer but right now I won't be recruiting team members since I really need to do the following things for the game alone :S

I've decided not to stick with one specific Hero and Heroine and therefore am developing a new system which will be accessed from any cupboards and the intro of the game, which will let you customize your trainer. There will be shops for clothes so the more you buy, the more you customize. Right now I have a video to show you guys, and its my pimped up battle system. This one is for wild battles and once I finish the final upgrades to the Trainer one, I will show that one too. Please bear with me, Hypercam is messed up, and I can promise you that the Battle system is fully lag-free (which can't be seen in this video). So for anyone that wants to view the video its here:

If you can't view it in this post itself, just click the link here.

V0RT3X

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
great vid as always, nice to hear that you can costumize your character
and also like Alexandre said, the pokeball animation are really nice

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Thanks for the feedback guys :) It took me a long time to rip the Pokeballs from HG/SS and then figure out how to implement the various animations. Did you find the music suitable though? Just curious on that...I'm still doing some adjustments to the battle system to make it like Nintendo's one, plus I'm adding my own elements. I've recently made the trainers animate with 3 frames too, so I guess it's getting there. I've also improved the trainer card system, and changed the whole beginning of the game, so once it's all done, I'll take another video and post it up.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Customizable Hero/ine huh? This reminds me of the Lost World, which is nice and all, but that never got finished. I hope you succeed in your endeavors.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Wow! You amaze me Luka, even when you're a kid, you're amazing. I am getting intimidated by you, so, I'm seriously considering not to publish my game here.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Wow this looks amazing I like the idea of custimisable hero's aslong as it's implemented right and I watched the videos and they're amazing battle and pokeball animations and a working touch screen I also saw the hunger energy hygene systems were there it was cool keep up the good work Luka and make sure this game lives up to it's previews.

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
Years
@ LukaS.J.
Np about it like I said it was just an offer
Also one thing I noticed when watching the video is that 1.) when you used Slash on Regigas the second time the damdge was still going down when Regi atacked and 2.) There is lag on the HP system from what I could tell

Blaniel

Graphic designer/spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
you should remake sprites, in all I've seen you just used stuff from platinum.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Luka has done 70% of the graphics himself. The tilesets, characters and pokemon sprites are the only things he has used from Platinum, and knowing him, they won't even stay like that.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Hehe, nice job on using Metroid Prime music ;], I love them. Also, it's cool you added ball animations, I myself also found a way to add them to the game, the only problem is that I didn't find the frames ¬¬. Anyways, good job.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hehe, nice job on using Metroid Prime music ;], I love them. Also, it's cool you added ball animations, I myself also found a way to add them to the game, the only problem is that I didn't find the frames ¬¬. Anyways, good job.

Yey...another Metroid Prime Fan XD The music from it is just hard core. I think I ripped every single music there is, and put them into my game :| Seriously, the battle themes are just too good. As for the Pokeball animations, you don't need to have the frames. I just made an animation using RMVX's graphics and voila, it came out this way.

As for the game development, I made this really nice Intro scene and the title screen is just...YEY. So I might take a video and post it later. I also have the trainer battle video to show (multi frames for trainers too), but I'm working on one tiny positioning error. So that's it so far.

Well the occasions you've seen me use Platinum sprites are only for the Pokemon and Item icons, and why would I change those? And as for the platinum trainer sprite, it is a placeholder in the videos, because I don't have custom heroes for all the systems, and I don't want to be mixing 4 different sprites for the male trainer. If you had read my previous posts, you would have seen that I have taken one the challenge of spriting and did the hero and heroine myself, which are not going to stay like this anyway. I've seen you also write things like this in other people's thread, where you constantly complain about the sprites. Why? Are you some kind of godlike spriter that can do better than all of us together? If so then, wow, and I worship you, but otherwise...just no. Spriting is definitely my worst quality, and I'm doing the best I can with the skill I've got. And also, the interface designs are all (I believe) custom.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
i was wondering about the progress of the game
if you could tell me it would be great

V0RT3X

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Persannely, i prefer the platinum sprites over the HG/SS-sprites.
The only thing that HG/SS got better are the pokémarkt and pokécenter.

I wish you happy holidays and i hope 2010 will give as much of your art as it was in 2009 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back