• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2011
This is awesome! Hope I will get Squirtle & Charmander and all those Pokémon Ash have x) Ty for making this awesome hack :D xD
Here's some bugs:
-I just started up the game... I clicked on NEW NAME for Gary and clicked OK, then his face turned GREEN o_O what??
Also, If you do the same to your name, Oak gives you totally random name :O (Maybe not a bug though)
-When I used the TV after I woke up the game froze :( And the sign in your room is blank o-o'
-A Researcher on the second floor of the Museum in Pewter City talks with blanks, if you press "A" enough times, he let's you free though :3 Maybe it would be the same thing with the TV in your room :O
-You can go back to Mt. Moon and take the Moon Stone how many times you want

Just thought you might want to know ^-^ keep at it! :D

Things to fix, Possibly:
-It looked really weird when the sprite changed to overworld :S (more weird then the other games xD)
Wow Ho-Oh isnt facing the direction it's going, like a crab x)
-There never WAS any Bedrills :O (Stupid Samurai....)
-The Researcher who got chased by a Zubat, after you completed the Mt. Moon event, I think he should change dialog to something like "Thank you for chasing off Team Rocket!". However this isnt noticeable unless you go back all the way to the beginning where he is xD

Suggestions of things to add:
-I think it would be cool if there was a Caterpie & Pidgeotto overworld thingy and you say something like "Hey Look, Its a CATERPIE/PIDGEOTTO!" :3 in the same way as the Pidgey at the beginning of the game
-Hmm maybe when you defeat Brock, his dad will come in the gym and talk to him?

But yeah this is progressing hack :3 Sorry for complaining
This is WAY better then Pokémon Thunder Yellow / Pokémon Bolt Yellow / Pokémon Lightning Yellow X3

EDIT: I might be updating this list while playing if you you dont mind? :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2011
why not use the HG SS Ho-oh sprite so it doesn't look like it's flying sideways?

:O Thats cleaver! Ho-Oh DO have a side-overworld-sprite in HG/SS x) If it'd be able to port that over, I have no idea xd

Well, It is either that or Make his own sprite :) Or make it fly forward instead, but that'd be lame :3

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
hey metapod, great hack. ive played quite a few rom hacks on this forum and yours is definitely one of the best. keep up the good work!

just a minor suggestion, could you change the pokedex menu option to dexter? then maybe dexter could talk like he does in the anime for the scripted events. idk if this is too much work, or even feasible, but it just popped into my head. keep it up!

Years
Hey metapod23, when do u release the latest beta? here are some suggestions..
1. Could u make the pikachu follow behind ash in the game?
2. Could u continue to make ur hacked version till 100+ episode means ash reach another region?
3. Could u make bulbasaur and squirtle not to evolved? because based on the story, the only pokemon that evolved is charmander..
4. The pokemon evolved is not based on its level, but based on the story, so u need to increase their attack and defence more a little bit each time the level increase.
5. I think the land is too vacant, could you put more buildings and people in it?
6. The task based on the game is optional to play, could you put it coherently? Example: If Ash did not go to the cabin of that samurai guy, he never gets his metapod back (If the player hav catched metapod, and his metapod have been snatched by beedril swarm in the hacked version)
7. Could Brock and Misty also follow ash in the journey?
Thanks a lot because the game is fantastic.
Hoped u could accept my suggestions..

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2010
I think Brock's should be outside of the Gym waiting for you after being beaten by brock, to take you to the power plant, if brock and misty could follow you around could be very nice too :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2010
I've got a question:

Im pretty far with 2.1. If 2.5 is released do i have to start all over? It would suck to start all over every time a new beta is released ...

Years
That's how ROM Hacks work, and I think you'll have to restart for Beta 2.5. As for sohai, I don't think Pikachu, Misty, or Brock should follow you, the game is going to have the first two seasons when it's finished, if you don't want Pokemon to evolve press B. However I think there should be more buildings in places like Sunny Town and Neon Town. Just have houses with no doors or locked doors. Neon Town had a restaurant and market in the anime, so use Celadon's Restraunt and probably Lavender Pokemart. I'm not forcing metapod23 to include these, but these are just ideas.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
:O Thats cleaver! Ho-Oh DO have a side-overworld-sprite in HG/SS x) If it'd be able to port that over, I have no idea xd

Well, It is either that or Make his own sprite :) Or make it fly forward instead, but that'd be lame :3

This has already been done for beta 2.5. I've inserted around 40 HG/SS Pokemon sprites. A few of the other suggestions have already been implemented too.

Years
Interesting using Heart Gold ans Soul Silver sprites. Are the Pokemon sprites going to be changed too, or be kept the same? The same thing for trainer sprites like Lass and Youngster. I'm guessing that Beta 2.5 ends differently, especially since it contains three new episodes. I can't wait to play Beta 2,5 so I should wait until you're done testing it first though.

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I spent all day beta-testing and I'm satisfied for the most part, so here is Beta 2.5:

Pokémon AshGray Beta 2.5

As always please let me know any bugs or glitches. Thank you to everyone who has been supporting the hack and waiting patiently for the improved beta. Hopefully I'll be able to take a little time off from it before I start obsessing over it again. :)

Last edited:
Years
After you battle Brock for the first time Flint takes you to the Power Plant. He tells me I don't have room the Light Ball and my character keeps going up while he repeats that text over and over and over...It really needs fixed.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Guys, I updated the link. If you have downloaded the game between 6:00 and 8:00 tonight (Tuesday), please re-download it, or click here:

Pokémon AshGray 2.5

After you battle Brock for the first time Flint takes you to the Power Plant. He tells me I don't have room the Light Ball and my character keeps going up while he repeats that text over and over and over...It really needs fixed.

Thank you. It's fixed. I went through at the very end and added the commands to check for item room whenever an item was given, but I overlooked fixing this one. Let me know if there are any others that won't give you an item when you do have enough room.

First bug of the game. Change into pajamas screws up the game lol

This happened to me just now, but when I tried it again, it worked, from every possible angle. The first time it just went black. The rest of the time it worked fine. Not sure. *shrugs*

Also, here's a video showing off the updated first episode:

Last edited:
Back