• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I keep getting runtime error 380 with XSE.

I downloaded the vb6 runtime files, extracted them and ran the installer. But I didnt get any confirmation whether they actually installed, I tried several dl locations and still the same. Im running on Vista, anyone has any ideas?

All the other tools I tried are working perfectly though.

See my PM.

i cant open up the spoiler buttons =(( so that means i cant download =(

No, that means you should get a better browser. IE can open the spoilers, you know? XD
Anyway... you can always get my tools from my website. The link is in my sig.

Do you think you can make Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition to resize the Overworlds? That would be very helpful. (If it already does, how do you do it?)

Also, do you think you can make it so you can add more Overworlds, and more palletes?

Whenever I will get enough time to work on it, it probably will.

EDIT: Just updated FSF a little. The automatic update should notify you by now :)

Last edited:

Theonewhoisodd

Master Eevee Trainer
Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2012
I really love your tools HackMew and I can't wait to see more, mainly the Pokemon Editor Advance (Could be nicknamed [PEA] if you want to be funny) and Advance Item (Again [A Item] if you want to be funny] tools!

Regards,
TOWIO

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2014
I keep getting runtime error 380 with XSE.

I downloaded the vb6 runtime files, extracted them and ran the installer. But I didnt get any confirmation whether they actually installed, I tried several dl locations and still the same. Im running on Vista, anyone has any ideas?

All the other tools I tried are working perfectly though.

I just tried running it on another computer (win XP). Im perfectly sure the vb6 files extracted, but the application still wont run and returns the same 380 error. Im a bit clueless here.

EDIT: I downloaded XSE from Whack a Hack and it works perfectly. I checked the version and it is 1.0.0. I then tried updating via the updater, which went fine, but when ran also gave the 380 error. So there is a problem between versions 1.0.0 and the current one. Do I lose a lot by not running the latest version?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I found a glitch in XSE:
xseglitch.png

As you can see, XSE thinks that ome (of some) is on the next line and won't let me compile.

Larsie13

xseglitch.png

As you can see, XSE thinks that ome (of some) is on the next line and won't let me compile.
I've had that, too, except for me it said "val]" as the unknown keyword. (As in [rival].) It's caused, for some reason, by something (probably the byte 0xA) getting in between two parts of a word. Just delete the word, and type it again, and your problem should be over.
I don't think even HackMew knows what causes it.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I've had that, too, except for me it said "val]" as the unknown keyword. (As in [rival].) It's caused, for some reason, by something (probably the byte 0xA) getting in between two parts of a word. Just delete the word, and type it again, and your problem should be over.
I don't think even HackMew knows what causes it.
The thing is, that doesn't work for me. I have to compile it, eliminating the "unknown keyword" and everything after it, and then go back and repoint, paste, and recompile. I just wish Hackmew fixes it soon.

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
Palette Import Problems?

I meant that you can have the sprite in the colors you want as long as its in a pallete. Then you import the sprite and the pallete with the tool. You can use IRfan View to give the sprite a pallete. If you need help just vm me. This is not a problem with the tool cause the tool is great. =)

I agree that this tool is great, but I'm having a problem with palettes, too. I've been searching the forums and this seems to be the closest to a similar problem...

See, I can import 1 frame of say the male character and its correct palette fine. But when I go to import the second frame, like him taking a step, the palette goes wonky. The colors are the same, changed to 16 bit with Irfen etc., but there're all in the wrong order? Everytime I correct a frame it does the same for the others around it.

I just PM'd HackMew about this, but I'm hoping it wasn't asked already. I just went through 30+ pages because I really don't want to be a bother. Sorry if ths is a noob-y problem...
EDIT: I'm using Overworld Editor on an english Emerald ROM. Forgot to mention that :P

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
That's because you need to import only the first frame with the new pal. Then, export the mucked up frames and open them in paint, then paste your new ow on top and re-import the image not pal into OWRE.

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
That's because you need to import only the first frame with the new pal. Then, export the mucked up frames and open them in paint, then paste your new ow on top and re-import the image not pal into OWRE.

Yeah I tried that, but the palette keeps being read wrong or something... When I reimport the ruined frames it doesn't change the palette and their colors are still all out of place... Its very frustrating.

EDIT: Thanks for answering btw. I just resaved it AGAIN and followed your instructions word for word, and surprise surprise, it worked. Thanks so much! :) That's stupid that you have to resave them like that though! Ugh! I think it was messing up because I had changed the frame's name before importing... I guess I'll just have to suck it up and be thankful for the tools existance at all! Still annoying though...

EDIT 2: Shoot! Now when I check the ROM the kid has a block around him and his outline is transparent! >.< How the heck do I fix THAT? Can I do it with the same tool or do need to go with a hex editor maybe?

Last edited:

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
You must've indexed the first frame incorrectly. Just follow an indexing tutorial somewhere.

Here's what I did:
Open ROM
Export Bitmap (all frames, idividually)
Edited the files using Irfen and MSPaint to paste the 16 bit version of mine onto the existing exported frame.
Imported Frame 1 + its palette
Checked Rom, worked perfectlly (Other normal frames were mangled obiously due to palette change)
Imported next frame after following same steps to make frame 1, no palette (should be the same!)
Frame was mangled, so I tried adding palette.
Frame 2 is fixed, Frame 1 ruined...
All of this is happening in Overworld Editor RE (excluding irfen and paint obviously)
W.T.F.?

I'm going to retry exporting the newly imported sprited, though that should already have fixed it! >.<

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
Well, it doesn't seem like its fixable... Everything I did just made it worse. I'm going to try tweaking the original male's palette to work on mine, though I'd really rather not because it will look so wrong... I just scrapped the whole file and am in the process of rehacking everything I changed then will try this.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
The new built in Auto Abort for unLZ is good for lazy people like me (more time to script, less time tick boxeds XD).

I have another suggestion for Overworld Editor RE.
Have a palette slot replace where on an overworld the all the colour of A on the palette can be replaced by anything else e.g. 7 so if colour A was blue and colour 7 was red, all blue in the OW would be replaced by read.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2009
Trouble from a noob

Hey hackmew
I'm pretty much new at this stuff and i encountered a problem.
I downloaded the trainer hack but every time i go to file to open rom, then click on 1986 pokemon emerald it says loaded rom is not supported.
What am i doing or not doing thats causing this to occur
Thx

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Hey hackmew
I downloaded the trainer hack but every time i go to file to open rom, then click on 1986 pokemon emerald it says loaded rom is not supported.
Thx
It means the loaded ROM is not supported.

In plain english, it means that HackMew didn't give any information on your particular Emerald ROM when writing his tool, try another ROM or see if there are any tutorials on changing it with a hex editor.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
It means the loaded ROM is not supported.

In plain english, it means that HackMew didn't give any information on your particular Emerald ROM when writing his tool, try another ROM or see if there are any tutorials on changing it with a hex editor.

Or the ROM was tampered with, including having a changed header...

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Hey hackmew
Thx

As 0m3GA said, the header has been changed. This can be fixed by by downloading RHEA from the first page and restoring the header to it's original code.

Back