• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remnants

Bringer of Hope
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Inferno, you were right. I just needed to be patient. Now I got my awesome team for favorite challenge though, and once I tear through Nuzlocke (which I am owning at right now), I'll start it.

Also, I have to agree, victory road for grinding is the best idea that comes to mind if you want to face the elite 4.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Great. Now it's official. I'm sadly on a challenge break, until April-May. Since that may be when I'll be happy with my progress in BW. So yeah, I'll be keeping an eye on you guys, but right now I've got way too many things to do.

PS : That period might be shortened depending on my mood. :p For instance, that Quartz Nuzlocke. ;P

Years
>mon visage quand I haven't played BW for weeks maybe even months, I'm not quite sure about that), never did more than getting past the first gym, and am not at all motivated to continue while the hype is getting bigger and bigger as the release date is coming nearer.
Then again, I'm not even really motivated for my Ruby Lyrics challenge right now, I'm once again too busy being addicted to Civ IV.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I just thought of a cool challenge, called the Evolutionary Item Challenge where you can only use Pokemon that evolve using a certain evolutionary item. You would go here, click the scroll down for evolutionary items and choose one of the following: Dawn Stone [DPPt and up], Dusk Stone [DPPt and up], Fire Stone [any game], King's Rock [GSC and up], Leaf Stone [any game], Metal Coat [GSC and up], Moon Stone [any game], Shiny Stone [DPPt and up], Sun Stone [GSC and up], Thunderstone [any game], or Water Stone [any game], with the specified games to prevent this from being a solo run. You must pick two or more of the Pokemon on the pages, then play through a game with those Pokemon, evolving them as soon as possible or not at all or something, whichever seems the hardest. Just an idea if any finds it interesting.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sounds more like stone evolutions only. How about the trade + item evolutions in there too?

Oh and...almost done training Asy (Shinpora). Then I have Cobalon and Waruvial. Then E4! I'm pretty excited about this team. There's no Derpfish to bring the team down into the gutter this time.

My post count is over 9000!

Years
Sounds more like stone evolutions only. How about the trade + item evolutions in there too?

Oh and...almost done training Asy (Shinpora). Then I have Cobalon and Waruvial. Then E4! I'm pretty excited about this team. There's no Derpfish to bring the team down into the gutter this time.

My post count is over 9000!

Congrats! Good luck with your Hall of Fame challenge, especially without the huge asset known as "derpfish". As for me, I have 3 pending nuzlockes and an ultimate solo run, all of which I plan to finish.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I'm going to be the first person to finish the Personality challenge...no one else has even posted any progress. I'll probably have to put all of my progress in one post, since I can't double post. :/

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
I'm going to be the first person to finish the Personality challenge...no one else has even posted any progress. I'll probably have to put all of my progress in one post, since I can't double post. :/

I'll start posting on mine when I finish the Sinnoh leg of my UMC (and make a few more copies of B/W). I'm grinding in Victory road atm. Plus, since I'm playing it on Black, I don't want to give spoilers.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I just haven't had the motivation to go through with my Nuzlocke run lately, so I've been lacking in challenges an what not.

Also I've probably mentioned this before, but an idea for a challenge. I'd call it the Capture challenge. pretty much the idea is there will be absolutely no evolving whatsoever. Whatever you catch is what you train. So if you catch a Caterpie, then you must train a Caterpie, and it must not evolve. That doesn't mean you can't train evolved Pokemon. For example if you catch a Spearow you'd have to train a Spearow and leave it as is, but if you wait until you catch a Fearow, then you can train said Fearow.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I've been sort of not doing challenges, but that's because I found Brown Version, and have been playing that a lot. Speaking of Brown, does anyone know if you can obtain every Pokemon in Brown?

I'm going to finish this Ice mono tonight. Update will be on the last post I made there. I will then hurry up and finish all the other types that I haven't completed in R/G/B/Y (Fighting, Flying, and Bug). They will also be updated on that post. Once I've finished, I'll make a nice little post telling everyone that I have completed a Monotype challenge with every single type available in RBGY.

This means I won't be posting in a couple days.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Is brown even a real version, or just a hack or what? I never thought brown was a real Pokemon game, although I think Nintendo and Gamefreak once said they put a copyright on lots of names and colours for future Pokemon games. :/

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Is brown even a real version, or just a hack or what? I never thought brown was a real Pokemon game, although I think Nintendo and Gamefreak once said they put a copyright on lots of names and colours for future Pokemon games. :/

Brown is a hack. The only official main story games are R/G/B/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E, FR/LG, HG/SS, DPPt, and B/W. Any other colors or names are hacks.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
You didn't have to colour them all in. Now my retinas are bunring. D:
I've got Infernal Smash (fixed width) as my skin. My eyes are also burning. D:
I'm having a hard time deciding which challenge to do next...I've got like four left on my to-do-list, then I will start participating in other challenges.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
By the way, I just finished my Ultimate Username challenge. Yay for me, another ultimate one down, to go with flying monotype, trio-species, and a solo with Arcanine, although I probably will end up adding B/W to these eventually.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I may also start a ultimate solo challenge. With guess who:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back