• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Involvement with the Forum

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I am completely against offering supportership as a reward for anything. I think it should be reserved for strictly donations. It's not some prize to be won, and I hate that it's become one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ugh no, if this happens I'd strongly push against supportership purely because it isn't a reward whatsoever. Being able to help out with things, being able to make your mark on PokeCommunity is much more rewarding than a green username. I only offer supporterships for my events because I think otherwise people won't enter them :/ But if a way of rewards was in place that'd change fo sure.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Ok it seems like my suggestion got lost in the pile a while back so I'll bring it up again with a bit more explanation:

What about an event subsection that anyone can post to, yet the section is moderator-approved only, kind of like how Other Clubs works?

Like it needs a certain type of criteria to run, and needs to be passed by a mod to run too. However it can still be open to anyone who wants to host something PC related as long as they're willing to withhold PC rules even if it's on another program (skype) or website (oekaki chatroom)?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
When I mentioned ranks I didn't mean something visible like a Supporter, but something hidden like the Beta Testers usergroup. :x Just clarifying. I didn't mean it for incentive purposes, but for organizational purposes.

It depends on what you're trying to do here. I thought the goal was to make it clear that contributions from members are welcomed, while it seems your goal is to actually make there some kind of reward of some sort for members to contribute.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I wouldn't want it to be something visible because I wouldn't want members pining for organizing events just to have certain status on the forum. That's just my fear about it.

I don't think the community events particularly NEEDS to be constantly crazily active. It can be a subsection under community announcements (which in itself is not that active but very valuable) and even if it's updated just for small events (international talk like a pirate day, videogame day, mod appreciation day, whatever else someone wants to host) it would be great IMO and way more organized than just adding something to Other Polls/ Chitchat section or having it scattered around the forums (like GE competitions I dont even know are going on until like Mr. Catdog makes a blog about it or something.)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
You bring up a fair point here but...I imagine it like this, and bear with me, because hopefully a lot of what I'm saying would make sense here (cause lol my wording):

Yes, it doesn't need to be crazily active but...would it at least help, in a sense? Note that I'm not asking for a grandiose amount of activity here, that's silly of course. But in my ideal ~*world~* (so to speak), in this situation, these event organizers would kind of be like a team of people, planning events left and right and whatnot, and what could work as events, and what couldn't work, things of that nature.

Basically, think of the VIP forum and replace like 2/3rds - 3/4ths of the threads in there with event discussion, and that's what I imagine it to be like. I mean, that's just in my mind, after all, it'd be pretty fun. :x

Hopefully that helps?

It does! And while it's not a bad idea, I still feel like it is limiting to those who might just want to host a one-off event but they don't want the responsibility of having an event organizer status (or if mods don't feel they're active enough to have it, would they just have to pass up their event to the organizer's desecration?)
And yeah, of course lots more activity would be helpful.. hmm.. maybe we could have both? Event Organizers would be like mod-helpers for that section while others are free to post too?

I don't know what the VIP forum is like, sorry.. Tier 2 supporters can't see it.. but I think I understand what you mean.

I guess it is just up to what the moderators would prefer..?

You bring up a fair point here but...I imagine it like this, and bear with me, because hopefully a lot of what I'm saying would make sense here (cause lol my wording):

Yes, it doesn't need to be crazily active but...would it at least help, in a sense? Note that I'm not asking for a grandiose amount of activity here, that's silly of course. But in my ideal ~*world~* (so to speak), in this situation, these event organizers would kind of be like a team of people, planning events left and right and whatnot, and what could work as events, and what couldn't work, things of that nature.

Basically, think of the VIP forum and replace like 2/3rds - 3/4ths of the threads in there with event discussion, and that's what I imagine it to be like. I mean, that's just in my mind, after all, it'd be pretty fun. :x

Hopefully that helps?

It does! And while it's not a bad idea, I still feel like it is limiting to those who might just want to host a one-off event but they don't want the responsibility of having an event organizer status (or if mods don't feel they're active enough to have it, would they just have to pass up their event to the organizer's desecration?)
And yeah, of course lots more activity would be helpful.. hmm.. maybe we could have both? Event Organizers would be like mod-helpers for that section while others are free to post too?

I don't know what the VIP forum is like, sorry.. Tier 2 supporters can't see it.. but I think I understand what you mean.

I guess it is just up to what the moderators would prefer..?

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
Years
I'd like to point out a few things:

Ok, so it seems like some people are still not sold on having an events subsection somewhere and I can sort of understand why. However, let me point out that such sections have existed before for the purposes of organizing all manners of events in the "Get Together" events and such. I believe that such a subforum would allow members to suggest events, create them and submit them for approval. Once submitted and the post is reviewed and approved by the section moderator(s) for viability and compliance; the thread would have a month to organize a staff member to second it, organize as many members/staff members as necessary to run the event smoothly, collect sufficient members expressing interest in joining the event and setting up a time/date to have the event.

If after a month, the event falls through then the thread would need to be re-submitted for approval by PMing the mod and reposting the thread if necessary.

I don't believe such a section has to be active, as it's purpose is to allow members to host their own events that they'd be interested in. It would eliminate the need to wait, and provide staff a framework to submit their own events as well if they wish to hold an event outside of the usual normal timeframes of holidays and get together sort of events. Not to mention moderators running events in their own sections wouldn't need to use the subforum to get their event approved, they could just announce them there to get eyes on their section because of an event. So events that would otherwise be overlooked because they're posted in a sticky in your section would get some exposure because people would be looking to the events subforum to look into events they might find interesting. So everybody wins, and it saves the administrative overhead of hiding and unhiding a forum come "Get Together" season.

Back