• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Cinnabar Mansion is done. I think i've got the statue switches the right way arround, no where seems to state which switch opens/closes which doors.

Fossil lab is done

Next to do is cinnabar gym

mansion1.png
mansion1.png

fossils1.png
fossils2.png

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I have a question about Cinnabar Island.
Why isn't it set out like RBY?
The way you've got it seems like they've rebuilt the city on the eruption from G/S/C - Oh wait! that hasn't happened yet ... ?

EDIT: Also, about the spacey Battle and you not wanting to code it, would it be possible you'll get bored when the final release is out and try to code it? C:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
with cinnabar i tried to go with something in between yellow/gsc
I had tried it yellow style, but it looked very bland, and as its supposed to be a volcanic island, i would have though it'd have a few hills

I may make another battle style afterwards, but i'll have to see. Jhoto and the Sevii islands are still being debated as well

Update, Cinnabar Gym done

cinnabar-gym1.png
cinnabar-gym2.png
cinnabar-gym3.png
cinnabar-gym4.png
cinnabar-gym5.png
cinnabar-gym6.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2012
He's not going to finish this, when it's good, it never actually get's complete (except Flora Sky) When it's close to completion...he will go and say "school work and social life **** is getting in the way so i'm abandoning this hack like Shadow done to his version
I've spent the last 6 hours trying to find 1 pokemon yellow complete "Good" remake...came across 5-10 but 0 complete
By the way...why does this game play in a program thing...is there no way to play it in vba?

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I find your post somewhat offensive

For a start, its not a hack, which is why it doesn't play in emulators.

This game will be complete.
And i'm a she

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
He's not going to finish this, when it's good, it never actually get's complete (except Flora Sky) When it's close to completion...he will go and say "school work and social life **** is getting in the way so i'm abandoning this hack like Shadow done to his version
I've spent the last 6 hours trying to find 1 pokemon yellow complete "Good" remake...came across 5-10 but 0 complete
By the way...why does this game play in a program thing...is there no way to play it in vba?

There's no need to be an ass.

Take the time, read the first post, learn what this is about.

It's retards like you that drive fan game makers away, you leave people with a complete lack of confidence.

This is probably the most complete and amazing Yellow remake, so the least you could do is try it before acting like Des is wasting her time (which she is NOT!)

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2012
Ok...maybe that was uncalled for, sorry
I've just seen so many uncomplete pokemons and it gets pretty annoying when you're waiting for the next update and the guy just says "**** it" like Shadow...done it to me twice..he shouldn't start a new game when the previous one is only half way complete, that's asking for trouble
This pokemon game does look awesome but i can't play it on such a small screen...i want a big screen if it's possible to increase the size?
Love how Pikachu follows you, i think your the first one to successfully implement that feature in a yellow remake

ChaosLord

Game Dev Wanderer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2013
^ Got butt-hurt cause of all the uncompleted games(Who doesn't). You forgot though, that 80% of the users here are between 15+, and most don't even have the skills to make a game in RMXP(The software to play this). And the ones that do, take their projects as a hobby, and don't plan to spend their lives doing this stuff(Which is what you need to understand.) It's annoying these programming skills are being wasted, but it's not like you can actually do crap to change it(Which is more annoying considering noobs who have no experience with this program keep on creating games and begging for help with theirs.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
@Jasoon
Thanks for apologising. I understand how you feel about games, a lot don't get completed, but this one will. At the moment, other than doing some iOS programming i don't have anything else to do. Just finished Uni and haven't got a job yet so have a lot of spare time.

Getting Pikachu following wasn't to hard to do, getting it to disappear when surfing/riding etc was a nightmare

@ChaosLord
I'm actually trying to get a job programming. I have a flare for it and am trying to put it to use. I already know half a dozen programming languages, and am currently learning Ruby/RGSS for RMXP and Objective-C for iOS

New Map - Viridian Gym
Viridian%20Gym.png

Screens
viridian1.png
viridian2.png
viridian3.png
viridian4.png
viridian5.png
viridian6.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
Is there any way to fullscreen the program? I love the hack, it just bugs me playing it in the tiny screen.

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
Very nice Remake, I had very fun playing it so far :) Keep up the good work.

Years
I had an issue where when I exited the Viridian Forest into the area near Pewter City I got stuck in the left corner of the entrance, it made me unable to move so I kinda lost my progress. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered that. This is a great remake and I'm loving the Black and White sprites too! It looks like the original game is almost done for this project too! I'm looking forward to when this project gets complete!

Hugo_Cool

Lucario's trainer
Years
This game is awesome!! Wow, many congartulations. But, like Fire Red and Leaf Green introduced us the Sevii Islands, I was thinking if it was possible for to also implemente them and to implement some gen 2 and 3 Pokemons, cause I would love to get a larvitar in Seven Island :b

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Sevii islands will most likely be implemented after I have the main game finished. After completing the main game and beating the elite four I'm planning on having the national dex being available and other Pokemon available

Back