• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Orange Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSChris

Frozen Studios Exe.
Years
  • FL
  • Seen Nov 25, 2012
Pokemon
Orange
Version

-Presentation-
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

-Story-

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

-Features-
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

-Screen Shots-

(In attachments until i can post links xD)

-Media-

(Trailer coming after my Birthday! (March 23rd.)

-Credits-

FSChris (Inferno Clockwork) - Mapping, Creator, Storyline, Eventing

Colbat (My friends nickname, no forum on here) - Spriting, Some Scripting, Ideas, Some Mapping Ideas, Some Storyline Ideas

CURRENTLY NEED SCRIPTER! PM FOR DETAILS!

-A VERY, VERY SPECIAL THANKS!-

CrazyNinjaGuy - HGSS Tiles, for the game's AMAZING Look! Great job on getting the tiles!

mecrurysky - The creator of Pokemon Garnet (RMXP), this guy INSPIRED me! Great looking game!

LukaSJ - Another inspiration! Nice game!

-A SUPPORT BANNER IS BEING MADE-

Check back regulary!

Riansky

Purr
Years
Quite okay but the mapping is awful. First of all you didn't eaven credited proper people for the tiles. Then the characters are missing shadows, well if you prefer it that way okay but it does not look good. Next thing is the tileset you chose its not good for BW styled OWS because of the doors on your tileset, BW ows won't fit in them. I don't know what else to say. If you want any mapping suggestions I can give you some but keep in mind I'm not the best mapper around.
Keep on working and credit proper people for tiles you use.

FSChris

Frozen Studios Exe.
Years
  • FL
  • Seen Nov 25, 2012
Quite okay but the mapping is awful. First of all you didn't eaven credited proper people for the tiles. Then the characters are missing shadows, well if you prefer it that way okay but it does not look good. Next thing is the tileset you chose its not good for BW styled OWS because of the doors on your tileset, BW ows won't fit in them. I don't know what else to say. If you want any mapping suggestions I can give you some but keep in mind I'm not the best mapper around.
Keep on working and credit proper people for tiles you use.

I am fine lol and the mapping is not awful, i use both hgss and bw tiles. so, everything works. and i credited the proper people.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I am fine lol and the mapping is not awful, i use both hgss and bw tiles. so, everything works. and i credited the proper people.

First of all, the mapping is awful.
First of all the mapping is square and boring, make it more loose and natural, and fill it with more decorations, like flowers and trees.

Second, because you use both hgss and bw doesn't make it work, infact it makes it worse. Stick to one style, it makes the game seem more legit, and the more legit, the more people'll enjoy the game.

As for your features, they ain't that exciting, they seem like what ever over fan game would have.

As for the story, it seems too generic, yet to little detail at the same time.

Also too much

doing

this ... No need for it to be honest.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012

You're going to have to listen to the people of the forum at some point, as they are, after all the people who will be playing this game. The mapping does look, quite frankly awful, the map is too open, far too large of a space between buildings, and seems really empty. Take an example of one of my maps for instance. (see spoiler below)
Spoiler:

It's not too empty, all the space is filled up in a not too blocky way, but more natural letting the land flow. A lot of people would look at the maps of your project and just think it's going to be a horrible game, and will pretty much just move along to another game. You need to really try work on your mapping skills. You also haven't credited the right people for the tiles either. Crazyninjaguy only compiled them, rest of the work was done by other people who made those tiles. Coming onto the next thing, it seems far too early for you to be asking for a scriptor to join your team considering the skill level at the moment. I'd consider to try work out your skills for a while, get use to the feel of mapping and making a game. Then once you have some progress, to ask for other team members. Other than that, good luck on your project.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
At first I thought this was a joke... There's nothing there, but now people are commenting on it, I guess it isn't...

Doesn't this break the rules a little...

Here's my 2 cents;

1. Mapping is pretty shocking, considering you actually said
+All pokemon from Johto, Hoenn, and Unova (plus many others from Sinnoh and Kanto)

+Custom Scripts (Currently Recruiting Scripter)​

+Custom Sprites and Tiles (THANKS COLBAT AND CNG FOR HGSS TILES AND COLBAT FOR SPRITES!)​

+Whole new Elite 4 and 8 Gym Leaders​

+Truely amazing scenery, and it's all made with HGSS Tiles + some other tiles that fit!

+-POSSIBLY SOME CUSTOM POKEMON-​

2. Great story...
You are invited to stay at the Exploration event of...
What does this mean?
Nevermind, what does the rest of the story say...
The newly discoverd Shrine at the Vista Region!​

...​

So, your mom and you are moved into Starline City, along with professor Oak, Juniper, Others, ... and... A Old friend, and his followers.​

...​

Once settled in, you are told to go to Nova town to meet Juniper at her lab.​

...​

That's when things get out of hand...​

You are given the ultimate chance to explore the vast region, make friends, and, catch pokemon.​

... Will you take the chance for fortune and fame? Or crash and burn​

along the way?​

It all happens right here, in the Vista region! Your prime goal..​

Be the best trainer, and get to the shrine!​
Oh I get it, we create our own story, there are sooo many blanks here, where do I start...
The newly discoverd Shrine at the Vista Region!
I went to church, sat on santas lap, ask him for a pony
he said "no".
(The world must be against me...)

So, your mom and you are moved into Starline City, along with professor Oak, Juniper, Others, ... and... A Old friend, and his followers.(Why did these guys leave... Oh I forgot to mention... Nevermind... Where did I move from again, I got amnesia I guess.)
Once settled in, you are told to go to Nova town to meet Juniper at her lab.
Because I was such a naughty person I had to go get punished.
I never should've sold that little boy a poster of David Beckham in those underwear, oopsie!
That's when things get out of hand...
The picture got spread all over the internet, I didn't know what else
to do, so I popped the question...
Can I have a time machine?
"no" Juniper says... "I have a better idea"... So...
You are given the ultimate chance to explore the vast region, make friends, and, catch pokemon.
So this is like a carnival thing, I can only be a trainer if I win?!
... Will you take the chance for fortune and fame? Or crash and burn
along the way?
I wanna win... I just don't know how.​
(I really do wanna be famous, how can I acomplish this by using
Pokémon, exactly?
)
It all happens right here, in the Vista region! Your prime goal..
(Oh I didn't know this, good job santa was mean to me
or I never would've move here
.)
Be the best trainer, and get to the shrine!
(What shrine? Oh the newly discovered one... I'm pretty sure I couldn't get close to this with it being a discovery and all, maybe you have a plot that allows you access, who knows! We surely don't.)

3. Custom Scripts, awesome, let's check a few out shall we...
+All pokemon from Johto, Hoenn, and Unova (plus many others from Sinnoh and Kanto)

+Custom Scripts (Currently Recruiting Scripter)

+Custom Sprites and Tiles (THANKS COLBAT AND CNG FOR HGSS TILES AND COLBAT FOR SPRITES!)​

+Truely amazing scenery, and it's all made with HGSS Tiles + some other tiles that fit!​

Oh, okay, so does this mean, you WANT custom scripts...? I think I confused myself...

4. Presentation huh...
Directly after the heroic events of the downfall of N
What's 'N'... My name starts with that letter, can I be the main character or something?
at the Pokemon Leauge... Things change. Drasticly.
Oh a 'Leauge', this must be a new addition to the new region, that's actually a good idea, I was a bit skeptic at first thinking it was a --->LEAGUE<--- type tournament... (I also did a search on Google for Leauge, so I'm assuming this is something you thought up, it's original.)

So let's recap on the Presentation part... A presentation is where you show us or explain to us something about the topic (I.E, Pokémon Orange.)

5. Well, moving on from the story part... Pokémon now.

+Truely amazing scenery, and it's all made with HGSS Tiles + some other tiles that fit!​

So your "NEW" region, has OLD Pokémon... Shouldn't you want to create your own fresh Pokémon?

+-POSSIBLY SOME CUSTOM POKEMON-
Oh okay, a possibility that there will be, it's a start I guess... Good luck! (Or have you not added (currently recruiting spriter) yet.)

6. Okay okay, so we have a new Leauge... Do we have a GMY(gym *cough*), or an Elite 6...

+Whole new Elite 4 and 8 Gym Leaders

Guess not...

I can't see mysellf, what you are trying to achieve, trying to do, or, have, thus far...

Little advice:

• find someone who can write a proper story.
  • find scripter (if you're not willing to learn)
  • find spriter before you promise new Pokémon.
  • use less spacing in the OP.
  • keep updating.
  • keep listening and learning from other PokéHolics (haha, thought this was funny).
  • don't take criticism to heart, but listen to what people are suggesting, it's for your own good, believe me. Your second post is quite obtuse and abrupt!
  • try to avoid using mixed tilesets.
The list can go on, but I will stop, no need to go through too much and overload your mind with things that you will most probably ignore...

I personally would like more information and pictures, I want to see this get a little fan base, it has potential, definitly, DO NOT, do this on your own, try to get help, a team, or something, think you may need it, at least until you get some experience in this type of thing... Nevertheless, I had fun doing this, despite it being a waste of time :laugh:

FSChris

Frozen Studios Exe.
Years
  • FL
  • Seen Nov 25, 2012
Hmm, maybe i will Get some new tiles...

Yeah, i'll edit the forum for

Scripter

I have a spriter, he just has gotten lazy, ALL those maps are place holders, so, they will be changed, until then, i use HGSS Tiles.

Riansky

Purr
Years
You see now. I don't want to sound rude to you, I just want to suggest you few thing so you'll be able to make your game better. You need to learn how to accept critics. I'm looking forward for a new update :) Hope you'll learn something from all the posts above :)

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Not again, right?

Ok, first of all, you are using my textbox. Since it is transparant on the screenshots you've posted, I know you have decrypted the archive of my fangame and stole it. You didn't even credit me. The excuse "I didn't know it was yours" isn't going to work, all graphics (aside from the pixel-art) are mine.

Also, strange that the BW Overworld sprites you're using are the exact same as the ones in my "Ultimate BW Pack". I clearly asked everybody that uses it to credit the people I listed. Guess what, you didn't.

Oh, and I think your statement here is pretty funny:

Don't think that because I don't post that much here I won't see you stole my stuff. I browse the forum alot.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Right I'm locking this. I have been made aware that you have performed a little stunt of art-theft. That's not going to fly here. At all. As for everyone else, try be a bit more noble with your critique and advice, alright? I don't want to be infracting people for what are mostly constructive posts.

Regardless, I'll handle this stolen content. For now, I'm locking this thread.

Locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back