• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Offensive Mega Scizor

Sirfetch’d

So I want to start by saying that this team has not been tested in depth. I've won a few server tournament battles with it and had some success on the ladder. However, I do feel like it is a pretty solid team. It struggles a little with the likes of Serperior but overall is a decent bunch. I'd like some suggestions though. I'd really like to keep Scizor and the defensive core of Rotom and Amoonguss. I'd be open to changing though. Anyways here is the team:

scizor.gif

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 40 SpD / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch

I've used bulky support Scizor in the past but wanted to give a go at a more offensive set. This is a pretty fun spread I found in a RMT archive that has functioned really well so far. With it not having a lot of bulk invested I obviously have to watch my switches.

rotom-wash.gif

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Standard Rotom-W really, I moved a bit of EVs into sp def just to give it a little more bulk in that area.

terrakion.gif

Terrakion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Substitute

Terrakion is rarely used anymore but I feel like it's a good SR user nonetheless. It's in a good speed tier too which allows it to outspeed common threats to my team such as Zard Y.

amoonguss.gif

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play

Amoonguss is the most recent addition to my team and I must say that it's done quite well. It deals with Mega Altaria as well as a lot of other physical attackers. Hard walls Azumarill while doing residual damage with Rocky Helmet. Regenerator is such a great ability too and allows me to run items outside of recovery.

latias.gif

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish

Pretty standard offensive support Latias. Was considering Surf over one of the STABs so I could hit Bisharp, Ttar, and Exca harder but w/e.

clefable.gif

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 176 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

I was running this with 252 sp attack but moved some of the EVs into defenses. I might move them all into defenses as LO Clef still hits pretty good regardless. It's a nice Talon, Ferro, Scizor lure and can OHKO the latter 2 and can OHKO Talon after SR.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
Years
can you give more commentary on synergy/teambuilding choices? i have no idea, for example, what terrakion is doing here over any other rocker or even adding sr to clef or something, etc.

i think you really need to compress roles on the team as right now it has a fair share of weaknesses. both charizards absolutely brutalize you (x 6-0es almost from turn 1) and bulky booster like cm slowbro/megabro and cm clefable (especially if running a fire move over thunder wave) have stupidly easy times setting up. manaphy is huge trouble. there are no stall-breaking tools at all--mega sableye + anything that checks clefable is pretty much unbreakable.

assuming the poke of choice here is scizor, i would try to support it more deliberately. it's giving free switch-ins to manaphy and zards who you can't handle at all--use mons that can both defend against them and actively punish their presence offensively. you'll need multiple slots to do this obviously, but you don't want to be stacking weaknesses.

in terms of specifics, i would first question amoonguss's place on the team. it's a nice niche check to a few pokes, but your team actually fares well against many of them because of scizor's presence. i don't really see what it's adding. the other poke i think is out of place is terrakion. its role is too limited to justify a team slot, and it is contributing to your team's mediocre speed and low immediate power. clefable can always run stealth rock if need be. lastly, i would switch latias to latios since healing wish seems like a very odd fit here and you probably want its immediate power more anyway. definitely run recover if possible since it's typically a defensive glue and will probably function as such here.

in the two freed up slots, i would tie up the defensive loose ends and add a secondary breaker--i like clefable but think it's overburdened as the lone breaker. even a more minor change like sd>sub on terrakion makes a lot of sense, probably with lum berry. assuming a lati change can help with zard y (recover>hw, so you can switch in more than once), i'd invest in something that can check x. what about slowbro over rotom-w, for example? it gives secondary keldeo coverage and still gives support against talonflame, which is crucial.

hmm, i guess the geometry of the team seems off. in many ways, it seems like you have the wrong mega rather than the wrong team. everything above is just pointing out the issues with mons who already check mega scizor. there are some solid combos on the team but i would make them more cohesive as a group of six.

sorry if this isn't very constructive, i can be more specific if you want but kind of avoiding it b/c i don't know the meta very well anymore :/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Care to explain what KOs Wash Rotom avoids with that Special Defense investment? If there aren't any, you're better off going back to max HP/max Defense.

Back