• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
The art looks great man! That might be my choice just so I can se the final evo lol.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
The art looks great man! That might be my choice just so I can se the final evo lol.

Thanks! I've tweaked it a bit as per Wichu's suggestion, so the link in the first post is updated. Also, I've got Brelaphant's sprite to a near-finished level. Now I'll have to do the backsprite... *cries* Those are harder for me, for some reason. Maybe if I do a sketch it'll help. Anyways... here's a screen with Brelaphant's sprite (work-in-progress) and an obligatory night-time shot in Periwinkle.

Screenshots3.png

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Lol, nice screenies.
Have you made the icons for Brelaphant yet?

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2022
Some of the sprites look good, but alot others are just plain pathetic. I'm not trying to be mean, you just should try a little harder

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Some of the sprites look good, but alot others are just plain pathetic. I'm not trying to be mean, you just should try a little harder

Wow. XD Harsh. Well, I'm constantly trying hard, and trying to improve. I appreciate your criticism, although it's pretty much useless if you just generalize like that. :/ If you point out specific examples of what you think is working, and what you think isn't, it will help me to assess what I can improve upon or change.

Lol, nice screenies.
Have you made the icons for Brelaphant yet?

Yes, I've finished the back sprite and icons for Brelaphant, and I like them quite a bit! I'm not too good on back sprites, but I really made an effort for this one. And the icon is all animated and cute. : P

Right now, I've been tinkering and rearranging the Pokémon summary screen to be as DP-styled as possible. It's going pretty well.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
It looks awesome blueguy!
my only crit is that the sprite shouldn't be the same art as the sigimori.
It's still really good though, keep it up.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
It looks awesome blueguy!
my only crit is that the sprite shouldn't be the same art as the sigimori.
It's still really good though, keep it up.

Thank you. Yeah, I think I'll play around with the sprite a bit more.

I'm still tinkering with the summary screen. I'm really happy with the progress!

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Just posting a small update to show you Brelaphant's backsprite, as well as the summary screen as it is now. I'm going to be changing around a few minor details, and some of the colors etc., but I really like the D/P-style summary screen. If you compare it with past generations, it just flows so well and makes much more sense.

Also, tonight I'm going to be doing the Sugimori-style art for the Grass-type Starter. Expect a silhouette in the next few days or so.

Oh, and thanks to Waudby for locating the experience bar. ;D

Screenshots4.png

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Just posting a small update to show you Brelaphant's backsprite, as well as the summary screen as it is now. I'm going to be changing around a few minor details, and some of the colors etc., but I really like the D/P-style summary screen. If you compare it with past generations, it just flows so well and makes much more sense.

Also, tonight I'm going to be doing the Sugimori-style art for the Grass-type Starter. Expect a silhouette in the next few days or so.

Oh, and thanks to Waudby for locating the experience bar. ;D

Screenshots4.png
Looks good bro! Nice work on that summary screen and the backsprite.

Likewise

Bye.
Years
It looks great blue guy!
The backsprite is a bit big, and some of the shading is really akward...
btw where did you get the summary screen graphics?

Waudby

I really like the small update, the sprites look really well done. Congrats.

And the summary screen is looking good too :D

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
It looks great blue guy!
The backsprite is a bit big, and some of the shading is really akward...
btw where did you get the summary screen graphics?

It's probably bigger since I was referencing the size of other D/P backsprites, however, Brelaphant is a pretty hefty Starter. ;D I'm gonna tweak the shading on its sprites, actually. :)

Also, I ripped the graphics, so if you need anything in particular from D/P, I'll see what I can do. I think most things have been put on Spriters Resource, but there are some things that still haven't.

Thanks everyone. ^__^

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
I've been trying very hard to brainstorm some new Pokémon lately. I decided I really didn't like Arcticub, so here's the new Water Starter. It's Brelaphant! I love it so much. :3 I just look at it and want to hug it and put it on my team. Okay, nerd moment over. ;D I hope you guys like it too. I think it's one of my best designs so far. Hopefully, I'm getting better.

brella2.png

I would really appreciate any comments, or opinions you guys have! Thanks. Later! ;P

Really cute design, solid concept, i like it. However I feel on the art the head needs to be centered to the left a little more.

Keep up the good work.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Really cute design, solid concept, i like it. However I feel on the art the head needs to be centered to the left a little more.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks! ^_^ Yeah, after Wichu commented about that I edited it a little bit, so that picture is outdated. The one in the first post should be better.

I'm getting close to finishing the Grass Starter's art. You guys are probably going to think that it looks a bit girly... Therefore, the gender ratio may lean towards it being female. Oh noes, I is breaking a fundamental law of teh Pokemon world! XD It's been a very trying process to choose the colors for this Pokémon. The shading, also, has been more difficult to pinpoint, but I really do like this Pokémon, and I hope you guys will too.

I'll be posting it very soon, and I'd like to show you guys a bit of Aster Woods too. I plan for it to be a much creepier forest than in the official games... all foggy-like, with Ghost Pokémon.

Oh, and I'm thinking that I might do a monarch butterfly Pokémon as the early Bug-type of Grey.

Anyways... enough babbling... Back to work!

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Thanks! ^_^ Yeah, after Wichu commented about that I edited it a little bit, so that picture is outdated. The one in the first post should be better.

I'm getting close to finishing the Grass Starter's art. You guys are probably going to think that it looks a bit girly... Therefore, the gender ratio may lean towards it being female. Oh noes, I is breaking a fundamental law of teh Pokemon world! XD It's been a very trying process to choose the colors for this Pokémon. The shading, also, has been more difficult to pinpoint, but I really do like this Pokémon, and I hope you guys will too.

I'll be posting it very soon, and I'd like to show you guys a bit of Aster Woods too. I plan for it to be a much creepier forest than in the official games... all foggy-like, with Ghost Pokémon.

Oh, and I'm thinking that I might do a monarch butterfly Pokémon as the early Bug-type of Grey.

Anyways... enough babbling... Back to work!
Can't wait to see them.

For the butterfly line, maybe have the larve stage have some form of head dress?

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Sorry I haven't been posting too much progress, but I have been working on stuff. ;D The art for a certain Pokémon is really close to completion. Here's its very odd-looking silhouette.

EDIT: Aah! That's huge... I'll resize!

EDIT: There we go!
shadow2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back