• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2017
I'd like to take this opportunity to go to the subject of Pokémon GX. You see, it's a fanfiction anime-esque Pokemon series, and it's an adaption to the Pokemon Black & White anime, only that there are a lot of differences.

Spoiler:

13) Unlike the original anime and the B&W2 games that take place differently, Cheren will not be a gym leader. Also, the main boy and girl trainers, who I named Cole and Sarah, will be involved in Pokemon GX with the latter joining Ash's group.

Also, do you remember the region known as Orre in Pokémon Colosseum? I'm planning on giving it its own gym leaders and badges and other stuff. And best of all, not only are pokémon of ALL regions in there, but a huge number of new ones. Not sure exactly how many I would put there, but I know that it'll be a lot.

Now then, I would like everyone to tell me what you all think of Pokémon GX and my ideas for it. Please, no negative feedback or insults. Thank you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2017
Why, thank you. ^_^

Here's what Team Rocket Galactic looks like:

TeamRocketGalactic.jpg

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'm going to move this to the Writer's Lounge, since this isn't an actual fanfiction yet. Once you have the story, then you can post it in the main section. But for this, it can go in the Writer's Lounge.

Please, no negative feedback or insults.
I hope you don't mean anything that says something that might not work about your fanfic idea falls under "negative feedback". I can understand not wanting insults because those won't help at all, but feedback that points out some problems with your fic can help you improve as a writer.

As Rafeal said, you do have a lot of characters. Your main traveling party is at least twenty characters to juggle, if you don't count the other Pokemon that weren't listed. Plus you have the six Team Rocket Galactic members to introduce, along with N and Trip. That's a lot of characters to have a comfortable handle on. Each one of them needs to have their story told throughout the plot, and to not feel like an unnecessary addition. You should really ask if every one of those characters needs to be in the story. I know you like Lucario and Sir Aaron, but do they have a plot reason to be in the story, or do you want to add them just because you like them?

It's the same with the legendary Pokemon that will be in the team. Do they have a plot reason to travel around with these kids? Or do you just want to write in some legendaries? Remember that since you're writing with a lot of anime characters, you're writing in the anime universe. In that universe, legendary Pokemon are seen as gods. It's not like in the games where any kid can catch one in a Pokeball. In the anime universe, catching legendaries and having them with a trainer can cause serious consequences (depending on who the legendary is). Also, a lot of people are going to be targeting your characters to get their legendary Pokemon. Max, a beginning trainer, won't be exactly safe if someone attacks him alone to get Jirachi.

Which region are you planning on writing in? I ask because you mention Team Plasma being around and the Unova League. But then there's a team around in homage to Team Galactic from Sinnoh, and then you're changing Orre around. What's the story that you're planning on telling, and where does it need to take place?

Speaking of Orre, it kind of already has its own battling centers in the forms of the Colosseums. Also, I'm not sure if Orre can support 700 Pokemon, if you're planning on adding wild Pokemon. Orre's famous for not having wild Pokemon. The climate doesn't support them. Unless you mean that trainers have Pokemon from other regions, which is fine.

This project seems really kind of big, and being too big, it might be too messy to write comfortably. Maybe rethink and tighten the amount of characters, the region, and the plot so that it's smaller. Because not only are over thirty characters a lot for a writer to handle, it's also a lot for a reader to keep in mind, and they'd get confused about who is who and what's going on.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2017
As Rafeal said, you do have a lot of characters. Your main traveling party is at least twenty characters to juggle, if you don't count the other Pokemon that weren't listed. Plus you have the six Team Rocket Galactic members to introduce, along with N and Trip. That's a lot of characters to have a comfortable handle on. Each one of them needs to have their story told throughout the plot, and to not feel like an unnecessary addition. You should really ask if every one of those characters needs to be in the story. I know you like Lucario and Sir Aaron, but do they have a plot reason to be in the story, or do you want to add them just because you like them?

First, N and Trip's introductions will be the same from the anime with a little more character development. Second, Team Rocket Galactic is a bunch of new members hired by Giovanni.

It's the same with the legendary Pokemon that will be in the team. Do they have a plot reason to travel around with these kids? Or do you just want to write in some legendaries? Remember that since you're writing with a lot of anime characters, you're writing in the anime universe. In that universe, legendary Pokemon are seen as gods. It's not like in the games where any kid can catch one in a Pokeball. In the anime universe, catching legendaries and having them with a trainer can cause serious consequences (depending on who the legendary is). Also, a lot of people are going to be targeting your characters to get their legendary Pokemon. Max, a beginning trainer, won't be exactly safe if someone attacks him alone to get Jirachi.

You may have a point about legendaries, especially Max and Jirachi. I'll need some help with the legendary pokemon traveling thing.

Which region are you planning on writing in? I ask because you mention Team Plasma being around and the Unova League. But then there's a team around in homage to Team Galactic from Sinnoh, and then you're changing Orre around. What's the story that you're planning on telling, and where does it need to take place?

The region is Orre, and by new ones, I mean a lot of custom-made Pokemon. Fanmade ones, that is. The story in Orre, however, that's gonna be tricky. But all I know is that Team Snagem will be involved. A whole new Team Snagem, that is, as Orre would take place way after Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.

Orre's famous for not having wild Pokemon. The climate doesn't support them. Unless you mean that trainers have Pokemon from other regions, which is fine.

Ah, but the kami trio will help the climate get better.

This project seems really kind of big, and being too big, it might be too messy to write comfortably. Maybe rethink and tighten the amount of characters, the region, and the plot so that it's smaller. Because not only are over thirty characters a lot for a writer to handle, it's also a lot for a reader to keep in mind, and they'd get confused about who is who and what's going on.

I'm sure I'll think of something. With help from my friends who are in on this project, of course.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2017
Because of the new Pokemon X & Y series, here is a major update to my Pokemon GX plans: Ash and the gang will all go together to Kalos, unlike Iris, Axew and Cilan going to Johto in the end of the original Black & White series.

Oh, and in the Kalos saga of Pokemon X & Y, there will be MUCH LESS use of Iris calling Ash a little kid.

Once arriving in Kalos, Ash and the gang will meet Clemont and Bonnie at first, and then they'll meet Serena, and they'll all journey together. Serena and Bonnie would not only have a special friendship with each other, but they'll do the same with May, Dawn, Kathie, Sarah and Molly.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'm sorry, but you're not allowed to bump threads once they are over a month old. I understand that you're simply giving an update on your progress for your ideas, but when the thread is this old, you're better off just making a new one. If you're looking for help fleshing out your idea, try the Plot Bunny Thread.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back